Face primer - how long til it expires?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I did a search for this topic and didn't find one. Does face primer expire?

I would think it does expire, just like anything else. Maybe a year or two. But, I'm just guessing...lol.

I have the small smashbox primer on the back theirs like a small open jar picture with a 24 or 12 number inside and that means thats how long should it last.

Yes it would, pretty much anything that is an emollient product would. I would go by the old nose test, if it starts to smell differently or it starts to separate or looks different (color, texture) it is breaking down.

Originally Posted by MACGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes it would, pretty much anything that is an emollient product would. I would go by the old nose test, if it starts to smell differently or it starts to separate or looks different (color, texture) it is breaking down. I toss anythign that smells weird
biggrin.gif

by the way it was nice to see ya around!

Originally Posted by bluebird26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I toss anythign that smells weird
biggrin.gif

by the way it was nice to see ya around!

Thanks hun, life has been more than a little busy lately, but today I am off sick from work
ill.gif
, so I have a little more time...

Originally Posted by macface /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have the small smashbox primer on the back theirs like a small open jar picture with a 24 or 12 number inside and that means thats how long should it last. You're spot on
biggrin.gif

I learned in Esthetics school that MOST makeup products have to be made to last for 31 months - UNLESS they say otherwise - or have a sell by date on them.

Latest posts

Back