-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo

Vaseline for the face?

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#Post 21 of 120 OFFLINE   spauno

spauno

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 14-April 11
Reviews

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:49 PM

i use vaseline every night. always it gives good results

#Post 22 of 120 OFFLINE   angiemofi

angiemofi

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 17-July 11
Reviews

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:44 PM

I have purchased multiple skin care products and everytime I use them i breakout. My skin is very oily and it always breaksout. I recently started using a product for my pimples but my skin dried up even moisturizer wouldn't break in. I started using vaseline. I put it as a mask and I just leave it on. One night, after 30 mins that I had placed the vaseline in my face, my nose itch and I scratched my nose and it felt as if I had sand in my face. I started rubbing my cheeks and it felt as if I was exfoliating! From that day on I have been using it as an exfoliator then I clean it with a wet towel and then I put my breakout medication. I had never had such a beautiful, smooth, clean breakout free skin! I feel wonderful because my skin looks fantastic! I should had done this years ago.

• meliboomboompow likes this

#Post 23 of 120 OFFLINE   musingmuse

musingmuse

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Joined 21-March 11
Reviews

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:14 PM

I sometimes use it when I go running outside. When it's windy and cold, i try to protect my skin around my eyes/mouth.

#Post 24 of 120 OFFLINE   MakeupDoll

MakeupDoll

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 19-June 11
Reviews

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:52 AM

Vaseline is great for all weather and skin types and also helps with removing makeup. I use it for my hands and lip conditioner

#Post 25 of 120 OFFLINE   Ken Doll

Ken Doll

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:40 PM

I'm on night 5 of sleeping with a full Vaseline mask and already my skin feels great. I usually have super dark circles around my eyes, but i looked in the mirror, and they appeared to be lighter. And my skin now feels supple. I didn't even now that my skin wasn't supple until i started using Vaseline and my skin suppled-up! My skin is oily, but around my mouth the skin is dry and tends to have excema like dry patches. This treatment keeps my skin moisturized with only a little moisturizer used during the day time. I have acne and it doesn't irritate my skin. A definite must try.

#Post 26 of 120 OFFLINE   Bonnie Krupa

Bonnie Krupa

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 11
Reviews

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:08 AM

Hmm I think I wanna try this out...but doesn't it get everywhere at night

#Post 27 of 120 OFFLINE   satojoko

satojoko

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Joined 12-June 10
Reviews

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:56 AM

You couldn't pay me to get that stuff anywhere near my face. Not in a a million years.

Check out my stuff for sale or trade, as well as my free shipping deals with minimum purchase. Ads have been newly edited as some prices have dropped & some products have been sold or returned for credit.

#Post 28 of 120 OFFLINE   MsXoXo

MsXoXo

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 03-January 11
Reviews

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

I have a small jar of vaseline that I bought. I use it for my lips only since I get really chapped lips.

I put on a thick layer in the night. I have been tempted many times to put some on my face but I'm afraid of getting breakouts.

#Post 29 of 120 OFFLINE   glossygloss

glossygloss

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11
Reviews

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:53 PM

Vaseline is very heavy and smells like gasoline. And it doesn't have any anti aging property so no I would not put it in my face.

#Post 30 of 120 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10
Reviews

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:54 PM

made from the same ingredient :)

Originally Posted by glossygloss View Post

Vaseline is very heavy and smells like gasoline. And it doesn't have any anti aging property so no I would not put it in my face.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#Post 31 of 120 OFFLINE   glossygloss

glossygloss

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11
Reviews

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:05 PM

O..M..G!! Does anybody know about this!!! I can't imagine why would they put gasoline in skin product! With rising price of gasoline and all...

#Post 32 of 120 OFFLINE   magosienne

magosienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,321 posts
  • Joined 02-May 06
Reviews

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:42 PM

Well it's so thick it can smooth your flaws on the surface, i suppose, thus making it look more youthful and moisturized. Mine chokes.

#Post 33 of 120 OFFLINE   SecretStopsAcne

SecretStopsAcne

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 23-November 10
Reviews

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:33 PM

Vaseline is supposed to help prevent cuts. It probably does that, but I think it should not be allowed, because one guy elbows another guy in the face, and the vaseline gets on his arm, and then it's harder to hold that arm. It's the same as greasing.

#Post 34 of 120 OFFLINE   Brenda24

Brenda24

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 23-August 11
Reviews

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:14 AM

i never use vaseline on face it is so sticky.

#Post 35 of 120 OFFLINE   CoRonella

CoRonella

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 28-August 11
Reviews

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

Well My mother swears by Vaseline...she wears it underneath her makeup most days, and every night before bed she puts it on her face...she just turned 60 a few months ago and her skin is nearly perfect...she barely has any wrinkles and I've never witnessed her ever having a breakout...shes used it for most of her life...and it seems to work...she also bathes in baby oil...she doesn't use soap, and again, her skin is nearly flawless for her age...and i'm not just biased because she's my mother, noone believes shes 60. I'll post some pics to prove it....

• meliboomboompow and samsoon like this

#Post 36 of 120 OFFLINE   iamunique

iamunique

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11
Reviews

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:02 PM

I think applying Vaseline depends on the skins sensitivity. Some of skins are allergic some are not. I find this thread very helpful, Thank you very much.

#Post 37 of 120 OFFLINE   satojoko

satojoko

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Joined 12-June 10
Reviews

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:29 AM

Which is why I wouldn't put it on my face if somebody paid me. The stuff is disgusting. Likewise mineral oil/baby oil. Wouldn't even use any of those things on my kids when they were small. Not even once.

Check out my stuff for sale or trade, as well as my free shipping deals with minimum purchase. Ads have been newly edited as some prices have dropped & some products have been sold or returned for credit.

#Post 38 of 120 OFFLINE   musingmuse

musingmuse

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Joined 21-March 11
Reviews

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:58 PM

yes of course, Vaseline is petroleum jelly.

Mineral oil is also a gasoline product I believe.

Ah yes! yes it is "mineral oil is a liquid by-product of the distillation of petroleum to produce gasoline and other petroleum-based products from crude oil."

I usually avoid vaseline, mineral oil, petrolatum - in cosmetics and skincare because these things clog your pores/cause acne. Only when i'm outdoors ands it's super windy i rub shea butter with mineral oil under my eyes (where there is barely any pores) to avoid the wind damage.

Originally Posted by glossygloss View Post

O..M..G!! Does anybody know about this!!! I can't imagine why would they put gasoline in skin product! With rising price of gasoline and all...

#Post 39 of 120 OFFLINE   paulspnao

paulspnao

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 09-June 11
Reviews

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:01 PM

Vaseline is supposed to help prevent cuts. It probably does that, but I think it should not be allowed, because one guy elbows another guy in the face, and the Vaseline gets on his arm, and then it's harder to hold that arm. It's the same as greasing. ell it's so thick it can smooth your flaws on the surface, i suppose, thus making it look more youthful and moisturized.

#Post 40 of 120 OFFLINE   violynn12

violynn12

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 20-July 11
Reviews

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:07 PM

I use Vaseline for my chapped lips, and it works great.  It's a fantastic way to moisturize.  I also use it for my nose when I have a cold and it's rubbed raw.  I've never had any negative reactions to it.  Hope this helps!

• 2,324,643 Posts
  • 110,097 Members
  • 18,581 Reviews
  • 54,004 Albums