Castor oil for longer lashes? Has anyone had success with this?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I read that castor oil lightly brushed into your eyelashes every night will make them longer and healthier......which I could really benefit from. I did a Google search with "castor oil for longer lashes" and got some positive AND negative results.
kopfkratz.gif
One positive search was from Prevention Magazine. I tried it for the first time last night just using a Q-Tip.....so it's WAY to soon to know if it works. Has anyone else heard of this or tried it with success?
11dh.gif

i personnally can't stand castor oil on my lashes, if i do, the next morning my eyes are puffy and gross. that said, i made the mistake of buying a bottle that contained also alcohol, that's probably why. i noticed they were longer though.

you might also wanna check this thread : castor oil made my eyebrows fuller.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is a mascara that you can buy that lengthens eyelashes... i saw a miss america contestant raving about it on tv...but its like $125 a tube and she said dont use it on lower lashes just upper or you will get cheek hair... ewww

Hello, you might want to check out these threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's this stuff called enormous lash. here's some before and after pics.

Finders key purse, keyholders, custom purse keychain, keyfinder, promotion keychain - Enormous Lash

Some of those pictures look legit, but half of them look like they're just not wearing mascara in the "before" picture and wearing it in the "after", or had tinted lashes or something. Both of which make light coloured eyelashes appear longer anyways.

But a couple of them did look genuine!

it's funny i was just researching on this the other day...i actually wanted to get talika's lipocils, but now i think i'm gonna give castor oil a try first!

A Polish girl I know uses castor oil in her lashes every night... She has the most perfect eyelashes I have ever seen and she had quite normal lashes before she started to use castor oil. But don't put too much of it and be careful when applying it.

you could also try vaseline - ive tried both, and they have both worked for me, its just a question of keeping up the application.

I now use vaseline on top of my eyecream around my eyes, so some vaseline always gets onto my lashes anyway...works great!

I use castor oil on my lashes! I wouldnt say it makes them longer, but it does make them thicker and heathier looking! but it take some time to get results! I love it!

I'm skeptical about castor oil or vaseline making eyelashes longer, thicker or healthier. According to The Beauty Brains website, "the American Cancer Society looked into a bunch of false claims about castor oil and decided that there was no data to show that it did much of anything. I quote the ACS:

Naturopathic practitioners and some others claim that castor oil boosts the immune system by increasing white blood cells, which help the body fight infection,and other immune cells. They also claim that castor oil helps dissolve cysts, warts, and tumors, as well as soften bunions and corns. Other claims for castor oil include treating lymphoma, bacterial and viral diseases (including HIV), arthritis, skin and hair conditions, eye irritations, diseases of the colon and gallbladder, bursitis, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease. There is no scientific evidence to support these claims…"

You can read the post here.

I already bought castor oil, but totally forgot about starting on it. Haha, hopefully I'll get started tonight. Wish me luck.

Before i bought it i was very sceptical as i didnt think it would improve the condition of my lashes, but after reading a couple of reviews and trying it out myself, i could see that the castor oil really helped grow my lashes. I checked out reviews on makeupalley and other beauty forums.

For anyone still undecided, check out this review:

(deleted link per Terms of Service)

I personally have had no success with the castor oil on lashes. I often wonder Why anyone would have thought of processing this oil from one of the most poisonous seeds on Earth! RicIn protein found in castor plants are so toxic that an amount the size of a grain of salt can kill an adult human! Although this is a 'natural' product, this can Never be processed as a DIY.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally have had no success with the castor oil on lashes. I often wonder Why anyone would have thought of processing this oil from one of the most poisonous seeds on Earth! RicIn protein found in castor plants are so toxic that an amount the size of a grain of salt can kill an adult human! Although this is a 'natural' product, this can Never be processed as a DIY.
Yeah, but the key word you used there is "processed". If it wasn't, the typcial paranoid "US government agencies that are afraid of being sued" FDA and USDA wouldn't have approved the sale of it in the first place. People will do all sorts of things to themselves in the search for eternal youth and beauty, doesn't mean it makes it right.

I've heard a lot of people using it to make their eyebrows grow, but never for the lashes.  I use coconut oil on my lashes at night, and it's really helped them get thicker and stronger.  Haven't really noticed much length yet, but they feel stronger to me, which should make them fall out less and in the end become longer.  Only been using about two weeks, so that's a great sign! 

Latest posts

Back