Question about Shampoo (nothing added)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hope I am not doing something wrong by posting this. I found this place where you add your own ingredients for some stuff, such as lotion, conditioner, shampoo etc.

Can someone tell me if the ingredients in this shampoo would be okay to add some essential oils and make your own shampoo?

"Shampoo,

(unscented - no scent added)

This shampoo base is made entirely from coconut oils, making it completely free from detergents, perfumes and additives. It is DEA Free.

The pH of this shampoo is 5.5-6.1

INGREDIENTS: Purified Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulphate derived Coconut Oil, Ammonium Laureth Sulphate derived from Coconut Oil, Coco-Betaine derived from Coconut Oil, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate & Citric Acid."

and this one:

Sulfate Free Shampoo

This shampoo is great for those with extremely sensitive skin and scalps.

Many people prefer the sulfate free shampoo for environmental reasons. It produces only a slight later, but leaves the hair soft and clean. It is Sulfate and PEG FREE!

The pH of this shampoo is 6.0 - 6.2

INGREDIENTS: Purified Water (Aqua), Lauryl Glucoside, Cocoamidopropyl Betaine derived from Coconut oil, Grapefruit (Citrus X paradisi) seed extract, Citric acid

Thanks!

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif wooo...
i'm following this one.

gosh, I sure hope that's not a bad thing, lol

Originally Posted by boopie /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hope I am not doing something wrong by posting this. I found this place where you add your own ingredients for some stuff, such as lotion, conditioner, shampoo etc.
Can someone tell me if the ingredients in this shampoo would be okay to add some essential oils and make your own shampoo?

"Shampoo,

This shampoo base is made entirely from coconut oils, making it completely free from detergents, perfumes and additives. It is DEA Free.

The pH of this shampoo is 5.5-6.1

INGREDIENTS: Purified Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulphate derived Coconut Oil, Ammonium Laureth Sulphate derived from Coconut Oil, Coco-Betaine derived from Coconut Oil, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate & Citric Acid."

and this one:

Sulfate Free Shampoo

This shampoo is great for those with extremely sensitive skin and scalps.

Many people prefer the sulfate free shampoo for environmental reasons. It produces only a slight later, but leaves the hair soft and clean. It is Sulfate and PEG FREE!

The pH of this shampoo is 6.0 - 6.2

INGREDIENTS: Purified Water (Aqua), Lauryl Glucoside, Cocoamidopropyl Betaine derived from Coconut oil, Grapefruit (Citrus X paradisi) seed extract, Citric acid

Thanks!

glasses.gif
please i would advise you to check out any health food stores for there shampoo and conditioners, i like aubreys, check them out,

Thanks April and BE... I'll check into the health food stores online, and I was gonna check out the oils... thanks again
smile.gif

these look good to me. i would ask for some advice in healthfood stores, people there are usually nice and helpful.

in terms of vegetable oils, those i know and are listed for use on hair are babassu, baobab, camelia, coconut (my HG), olive, castor, and grape seed.

for the essential oils it is more to your liking i guess. don't forget the stuff to preserve your shampoo.

Back