Dry Mascara

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What can you do about Dry mascara? Like if it's only a month old is there anything you can do to fix it or do you have to throw it out? I really don't want to throw it out yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You could try putting the bottom end of the tube in warm water for 5 minutes. Do you pump the wand in the mascara? That'll dry it out really fast.

put it under warm water as Becky suggested. but please, never put water in it, it will just ruin your mascara.

If it's waterproof mascara, adding water or saline will not allow the two substances to mix. The mascara will repell the added liquid.

I put two or three drops of water in it and that usually does the trick, come to think of it I did that today.

Honestly, if it was me and it was just a DS brand, I'd go get a new one if running the bottom under warm water doesn't work.

Ok Thanks. It's actually a Lancome so I'd like to keep it a while longer. I'll have to try the warm water. Will I have to do that every time I use it or does that help for a while? I don't Pump the wand in it. I guess maybe it's just old mascara or something...I'm not sure this is my first time Buying Hypnose. I normally get Definicils.

If it is from Lancome and you have the receipt, I would totally take it back!

I agree with magosienne, you can try running it under water, but don't add water to it.

I would think they'd take it back. I once had a Chanel ( I know, different companies ) compact pressed powder and I paid $50 for it and it broke and I took it back two different times with no receipt, so I don't think you would have a problem!

Back