Bamboo Makeup Brushes from Ecotools

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I stumbled across these brushes, has anyone tried them out before?

http://www.parispresents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=70

Edit: Here is an article on this brand

Bamboo Brushes - Good For Your Skin, Good For the Environment

Going green takes time and patience... and a lot of trial and error. New shampoos, conditioners, skin and face products, make-up... and even new brushes! That's right... do you know that the bristles of most brushes are made from animal hair (like goat and pony)?!? AND, the plastic handles only clutter our already overcrowded land fills! So, even if you are using synthetic brushes (i.e. taklon or nylon), you're still debasing our planet with the aluminum and plastic used on the handle of the brushes... but this can ALL change!

Here is an affordable and easy solution to eco-friendly make-up brushes: ECOTOOLS, a line of earth-friendly brushes. EcoTools uses cruelty-free hair on the bristles and all natural and recyclable materials.

What you get:

A bamboo handle

Animal-free taklon bristles

Metallic ferrule made from recycled aluminum cans

Reusable pouches printed with plant-based ink

Besides doing my part to save the environment (I drive a Hybrid as well), I love how light-weight these brushes are. They practically feel like air! And they deliver just as stellar results as those other, non environmentally-friendly brushes. Make-up glides on smoothly and evenly.

EcoTools offers 6 brushes for all your make-up needs...

Powder Brush - $7.99

Blush Brush - $6.99

Angled Eyeliner Brush

Foundation Brush

Eye Shading Brush - $3.99

Lash & Brow Groomer

There really is NO excuse NOT to use eco-friendly brushes! But just in case you needed yet another reason, EcoTools has also partnered with 1% For the Planet, an organization that provides financial support to environmental initiatives. This means that by buying the brushes, 1% of all annual sales per item will be donated to this terrific cause! Sustainable beauty!!!

Looking beautiful is important, but looking beautiful while saving the environment is vital!

Source: Beauty Banter

Cool, thanks for posting it!

Just thinking of bamboo make me feeling itchy lol

I just sent my bf the link. Hes always sending me mineral makeup links and all that stuff. He's earth friedly, meaning only organic stuff....etc. Recycled toilet paper, pens, notebooks, clothes...everything! hehe. So I guess this is a good way to get him to buy me more makeup stuff!

But yeah, I will not only be feeding my addiction, I will also be saving the planet
rockwoot.gif

Boo! I went to 2 Walgreens already, one in PA and one in NJ and neither one carries these brushes.
frown.gif

Hi. I've seen those brushes on Walgreens' website but I have yet to see them in stores. I haven't tried them yet but I've seen a review about them!

Bambootiful: Earth-Friendly Beauty

I hope this helps!! And if you do end up buying these brushes, do come back and review them so the rest of us will have more incentive to buy them!
wink.gif

I bought these brushes, they apply makeup fabulously and they are super soft! =] I feel pretty and good that I saved the world.

I have been searching high and low for these, but I have yet to come across them. I still have hope that my Walgreens will get them....

Originally Posted by kellianne76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I wonder if they are as good as Essence of Beauty and Sonia Kashuk. From what I've heard and read on various blogs, these brushes are better than either of those, at least they are a lot softer.

I find it a little frustrating that they can be hard to find. My Walgreens has them, but a limited selection. The Walgreens about 20 minutes away has a wide selection, possibly every brush in the line.

If they are getting good reviews I may give them a look. I need a new blush brush.

My walgreens sells all 5 brushes in one set minus the powder brush for $12, if anyone wants it still and cant find em, I am willing to CP just let me know!

I like that they're made of recyclable materials and the bamboo handles look very nice! Thanks for posting this.
smile.gif

awww the powder brush looks nice! does anyone know if there is a onlineshop where i could buy them? (which ships to europe also..)

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif I find it a little frustrating that they can be hard to find. My Walgreens has them, but a limited selection. The Walgreens about 20 minutes away has a wide selection, possibly every brush in the line.
If they are getting good reviews I may give them a look. I need a new blush brush.

Well they just came out within the last month, so I'm sure more places will get them soon.

Latest posts

Back