Need an affordable facial moisturizer!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have dry skin, particularly on my forehead, and especially near my eyebrows and that area. I'm on a budget and I'm looking for a good, cheap moisturizer.I really hate spending over $10 on a moisturizer. My favorite places to shop are drugstores, walmart kmart etc.

I really like Olay Complete. It's a good basic moisturizer. I think it's like 6 or 7 bucks but I don't remember exactly.

I recommend Complex 15:

Buy Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Face Cream Online at drugstore.com

That's the facial lotion, smaller amount than the one in the link below:

Buy Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Lotion Online at drugstore.com

I've used both and the creme is no different than the lotion-- it's not thicker, richer, etc. IMO, it's the same and the latter is quite affordable, great for dry skin and fragrance-free (great for sensitive skin).

If you would like to add a "peel" or "AHA-type" product to your routine that is very, very affordable and effective, I recommend Lac-Hydrin:

Buy Lac-hydrin Five Moisturizing Lotion Online at drugstore.com

This goes well under the Complex 15.

If you aren't opposed to spending $13 + tax on a moisturizer, the best one, hands down, IMO is emu oil and I LOVE Lure Beauty's version of it:

https://lurebeauty.authsecure.com/pu...led-p-695.html

You might want to read what they have to say about it and then google "emu oil". The stuff is amazing!

Hope this helps!

Warmly,

Brandi

This is going to upset some people. butgot to the dollar store. I swear by their Mineral spa Dead sea facial lotion!

go to*

Originally Posted by Karinalicious /img/forum/go_quote.gif This is going to upset some people. butgot to the dollar store. I swear by their Mineral spa Dead sea facial lotion!
go to*

thats my kind of price range. LOL! there are so many dollar stores though. LOL which one did you mean? around here we have family dollar, dollar general, and the dollar tree!
thanks for all the other suggestions, too! i'm considering those while still searching~!

Originally Posted by citre /img/forum/go_quote.gif thats my kind of price range. LOL! there are so many dollar stores though. LOL which one did you mean? around here we have family dollar, dollar general, and the dollar tree!
thanks for all the other suggestions, too! i'm considering those while still searching~!

It was probably the Dollar tree.

okay, great! thanks.
biggrin.gif
i'll have to check it out.

Alot of times the Dollar Stores have brand name moisturizers cheaper too. It's all in your taste. Some people like to spend big money on skincare and others are economical.

Originally Posted by Kathy /img/forum/go_quote.gif Alot of times the Dollar Stores have brand name moisturizers cheaper too. It's all in your taste. Some people like to spend big money on skincare and others are economical. Yep, I'm very economical. I can't believe that it didn't cross my mind to look at the dollary sstore first, lol.

My Pharmacist recommends applying a very thin layer of Vaseline on the skin, just after it has been washed.

Nivea soft, it comes in a white tube or a pot. it's moisturizing but it won't take too much time to be absorbed contrary to the blue version.

shea butter, you can easily get a cheap one at an indian store or an african store, just get it unrefined and heat it between your fingers. vaseline.

Originally Posted by Lauren /img/forum/go_quote.gif I really like Olay Complete. It's a good basic moisturizer. I think it's like 6 or 7 bucks but I don't remember exactly. I'm using Olay complete for sensitive skin right now, and I actually like it a lot. It's lightweight, has vitamin E, SPF15, and non-comedogenic. I got it from walmart for like $8 something for 6 fl oz. They have a smaller size for like $6.

I've found Olay Complete to be one of the cheapest and the best out there for under 10 bucks, plus they've got everything: for dry skin, oily, combination, spf....

I love Dove's moisterizer! Right now I'm using Clean and Clear and it's pretty good. Both are under $10 but over $5!

There is a new line at drugstores everywhere called BeFine "food skin care." BeFine's packaging caught my eye and I picked up two of their products:

1. Daily Moisturizer with Rosemary, Pomegranate & Rice

2. Night Cream with Cocoa, Millet & Rice Bran

I really like the way that both of them feel on my skin. I do believe that they were more than $10, but compared to regular skin care, the price is minimal! I would highly recommend checking this line out.

Latest posts

Back