Dare to Be - 40's/50's Bombshell Babes! August 8th - August 21st

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since I grew up with parents from this era (you know ..those PINUP doll pix that our servicemen kept) ...anyhow ..I thought this would be a great DARE!

Let's have it gals....should be an easy one!
claps.gif

Oh cool! I'll go find pics to post so people can get an idea!

How about these? Gwen Stefani in the likes of Jean Harlow (starring in the movie The Aviator). It's hard to find colour pictures of the 40's - 50''s Bombshells.

dtbbombshellgwen.jpg

dtbbombshellgwen2.jpg

(updated decades-8/7)

Here's some inspiration...from Madonna's
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Vogue! I'll try to look for pics!!

Greta Garbo, and Monroe

Deitrich and DiMaggio

Marlon Brando, Jimmy Dean

On the cover of a magazine

Grace Kelly; Harlow, Jean

Picture of a beauty queen

Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire

Ginger Rogers, dance on air

They had style, they had grace

Rita Hayworth gave good face

Lauren, Katherine, Lana too

Bette Davis, we love you

Ladies with an attitude

Fellows that were in the mood

Don't just stand there, let's get to it

Strike a pose, there's nothing to it

i want to enter this challenge. do i have to show the picture im trying to copy? or just go for the look?

Originally Posted by glitter1391 HELLO!!!Ok I'm a seme newbie. I'm looking for the thread where u guys post a theme for us to apply 'lookalike' makeup. Just got a cam so I can try it now!!! Is this the right thread??? Thx!!

hi! yes, this is the thread! this theme just started today and will last for 2 weeks. so feel free to do this look as many times as you want! lol. but only one look will be submitted for the voting at the end of the 2 weeks
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha i thought we had a theme so we could pick any decade, rather than being limited, also Kim, our themes run for 2 weeks now x not sure what you mean...?
i changed the ending date too
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha we had a theme in the list called Beauty in Time, so the members could then pick any decade rather than being limited to 2 decades xx
TY for changing dates x

oh ok.is it going to change or?

I dunno - I actually think it's a little easier with the decades given.... so we all have similar looks to judge on... ya know? It's kinda hard to judge something 50's glam, then 80's punk in the same dare, no?? I'm up for whatever though... just let me know, and away I go
wink.gif

Here's some pinup pics I found for inspiration. Have fun!

Pink Ribbons, this challenge will look so cute on you because of your dark hair and fair skin.
icon_smile.gif

Very nice job, simplykrazy07 and DawnE!!
claps.gif
What products did you guys use??

I found a pic of Kate Beckinsale from the movie "Pearl Harbor" (takes place in 40's) and a list of products the makeup artist used. I thought this might be interesting..
icon_rolleyes.gif

Kate Beckinsale in Pearl Harbor

Make-up by Julie Hewett

Skin Care - Amanda Lacey Skin Care

Foundation - Gerda Spillmann Bio-Fond Cream in Limelight and Top Chic

Concealer - Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat

Powder - Il Makiage Professional Powder in Neutre Clair #1

Cheeks - Stila Cheek Color in Fade

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior Palette #030

Eye Liner - M.A.C Crème Liner in Black

Lash - Lancôme Aquacils Mascara in Black. Individual lashes were applied to complete the look.

Lips - Frederic Fekkai Lipstick in Brick

Let's see...

If I recall correctly,

Loreal True Match base,

Maybelline Everfresh concealer under the eyes,

Loreal Lash Architect mascara,

Revlon blush in Wine with Everything,

Loreal Glam Shine Gloss in Whirl

Prestige Shadow Duo in Stormy.

So, it's a drugstore face, I almost always buy drugstore products.

Lily, Kate is so beautiful! I have never worn brick red lipstick. Maybe I should give it a try. It looks great on simplekrazy, too.
smile.gif

yay new members!!! thanks for jumping right in and participating!! great job girls!

Great idea on this theme and love that there are so many new members participating! Whoo hoo!

Latest posts

Back