Samples @ MAC & Sephora....??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know this is a stupid question, but do all Sephoras offer samples of products? I live in Chicago and I'm not sure if they give samples. If they do, is it samples of everything or just certain products.

I also read somewhere that if you make a purchase from MAC, you can receive two pigment samples. Thanks to anyone who wants to clue me in on this sample situation. Lol. :-D

Originally Posted by Stephie Baby /img/forum/go_quote.gif I know this is a stupid question, but do all Sephoras offer samples of products? I live in Chicago and I'm not sure if they give samples. If they do, is it samples of everything or just certain products.
I also read somewhere that if you make a purchase from MAC, you can receive two pigment samples. Thanks to anyone who wants to clue me in on this sample situation. Lol. :-D

As far as I know, you just have to ask for samples at Sephora and you can most likely get them. As for MAC, I've never heard the two pigment samples thing. I know you can ask for a sample of something and they MAY give it to you. More times than not it seems they will, but I'm not too sure about it specifically being two pigments.

i never got any samples from MAC. as far as i know, at sephora you just need to ask, but i know they won't give me more than two.

I've only gotten a sample once in MAC and that's because the girl offered it... when I asked one time, they said no because they go low on Pigment samples blah blah.

Sephora... I walked into one the other day and a lady was requesting a lot of sample of men products, as a gift I think, weird. Never knew they gave them out. They were like the same sample stuff you get when in Macy*s.

I have only asked for foundation samples at Sephora and they were really good about giving them out, shrug...

Pretty sure you could ask for moisturiser products too, but pigments? I dunno... try it on in the store I guess... I don't think I'd ask for a pigment sample.

no, they give samples to everyone regardless of how much you spend or whether you're friends with them.

i know MAC also gives out samples, but they're more frugal with them than sephora is. it's not as common to ask for a sample at MAC.

yes, I am in NY and I just walk right in to ask for the samples, even if I dont buy anything. It is nice to get samples when you do buy it.

I have gotten lots of samples from sephora and only one from mac b/c the m/a offered it. I have never asked for a mac sample before though. It was a sample of mac studio moisture cream and it got me hooked
smile.gif

Whenever I go to the Mac store, the sa sometimes offers samples if I'm hesitate to buy a product that I've been eyeing for a while. That way I can go home and try it beforehand. At sephora I know they give out a bajillion samples if you wanted. I've already seen a lady come in the store and do it.

i get samples at mac often. i've been lucky that everytime i've asked they've given it to me. one m/a even made a pigment for me. you just have to catch them on a good day
smile.gif
and when they have the sample containers. usually if you go in the middle of the day when no one is there they are more eager to oblige. sephora is very generous with their samples. and i use to live in chicago go to the pro store on oak they are less busy and there is a girl there that loves to give out samples!!! i miss the pros there
frown.gif

I have never ever left Sephora without getting samples. I usually target incredibly expensive eye creams and serums. I also loose shadow sample.

I've never been to sephora since the closest one is 4 hours away. I know when I order they always give me choice of samples though.

everytime ive been (all 2 times) to sephora ive got samples and we always give out sample of things to try at mac like little miss lilo said.

Originally Posted by renbray /img/forum/go_quote.gif i get samples at mac often. i've been lucky that everytime i've asked they've given it to me. one m/a even made a pigment for me. you just have to catch them on a good day
smile.gif
and when they have the sample containers. usually if you go in the middle of the day when no one is there they are more eager to oblige. sephora is very generous with their samples. and i use to live in chicago go to the pro store on oak they are less busy and there is a girl there that loves to give out samples!!! i miss the pros there
frown.gif
The MAC store in Chicago is a PRO store?!?!!?!?!? I've never been there. I'm going soon though. I didn't know it was a Pro store. I thought it was a regular one. Lol.

I had no idea you could get samples at Sephora and MAC. How does that work? Do you just go in and say, "can I have a sample of that?"

Not sure about either of them but I do remember when I went in to get samples from MAC, the 'saleswoman' only gave me samples of foundation/concealer/primer.

If you ask at MAC they should give you a sample. They have little sample containers behind the counter and can put a little bit of most products in them for sampling.

As the saying goes if you don't ask you won't get it.

Never ever hesitate to ask about samples! When I used to work for Sephora, we are encouraged to take home 3 samples every single day to try out, just so we can be more knowledgeable of the products that we carry. There is no limit on the amt of samples you ask. The only thing Sephora can't give samples of is mascara. lol, but anything to perfume, moisturizers, shower gel, lotion, foundation, concealer, etc. You name it, we can make a sample of it (just as long as it fits into a 5g jar) and we have special mini vials for the perfume samples. There used to be this lady who would come in the store EVERY single day and ask for perfume samples. It came to a point where we would say "sorry, we're out" Asking for a few samples once a wk is ok, but asking for samples every single day is abusing the privilege. Of course every time a friend of mine would come in the store, I always give out loads of samples. Since Sephora is a popular store, we do get shopped by secret shoppers, so it's always important for us to ask someone if they would like a sample (whether they ask for one or not)

As for MAC, I never had any MA's say "no" when I asked for a sample. But then again, I shop there a lot and they know me by name (lol) Sometimes you might get a snotty MA, so if they decline to give you one, it doesn't hurt to ask someone else. As part of providing great customer service, they are encouraged to give you a sample if you ask (unless they run out or something) and they don't have the manager's approval. Unless they were really rude about not giving you the sample, you can take this up to mac customer service online and they might reimburse you for the inconvenience with a free MAC product (but don't take my word for it) lol

Latest posts

Back