Joelle/My Mineral Glitters

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is the same company, right?

Has anyone bought from them recently? Their prices are very good and they have a lot of kits, etc. I was just wondering how the quality, customer service, processing/shipping times, etc, are. Is there any difference between buying directly from their website vs buying on ebay (are they the same products for the same prices?)

hi there..

befor year a go I bought from this brand.. here the link.. Joelle Mineral Cosmetics and Dermassentials

I had a problem with this brand.

I paid for 45$ kit and the didnt send me all the products that I orderd.

I emaild them but I never get anything from them and in the finally I'v got a refunded from pay pal.

please be carfull

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif hi there.. befor year a go I bought from this brand.. here the link.. Joelle Mineral Cosmetics and Dermassentials

I had a problem with this brand.

I paid for 45$ kit and the didnt send me all the products that I orderd.

I emaild them but I never get anything from them and in the finally I'v got a refunded from pay pal.

please be carfull

Well, that's not good -

Originally Posted by carmonious /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, that's not good - I'd heard something on another forum (maybe MMM?) about them using photos from other vendors that they weren't authorized to use??

I am not sure of the details and whether or not this was ever substantiated or not.

I didnt taking a chance with this brand. this is a shame.

I buy from a lot of brands and when the CS isnt good I dont buy, its very important to me.

This brand is my HG, actually. I didn't have any problems while dealing with her. I bought a kit and I love everything in it, except for the kabuki. I love her foundation! She has very good quality items, IMO!

Originally Posted by citre /img/forum/go_quote.gif This brand is my HG, actually. I didn't have any problems while dealing with her. I bought a kit and I love everything in it, except for the kabuki. I love her foundation! She has very good quality items, IMO! Thanks citre.Did you buy from ebay or the website?

I was really wondering too about the green tea added to the foundation. Can you tell it's in there? What does it do?

Originally Posted by carmonious /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks citre.Did you buy from ebay or the website?

I was really wondering too about the green tea added to the foundation. Can you tell it's in there? What does it do?

I ordered from E-bay.
The green tea doesn't really make the foundation feel different or anything. It does help calm your skin though. I have noticed that I haven't had as many break outs though, even compared with other mineral foundation I've wore.

And just to let you know, if you do order, you can substitute shades/colors. Just be sure to write a note when you make your payment on paypal.

Originally Posted by citre /img/forum/go_quote.gif I ordered from E-bay.
The green tea doesn't really make the foundation feel different or anything. It does help calm your skin though. I have noticed that I haven't had as many break outs though, even compared with other mineral foundation I've wore.

And just to let you know, if you do order, you can substitute shades/colors. Just be sure to write a note when you make your payment on paypal.

Citre -
Thanks again. The green tea sounds interesting, definitely something you won't find elsewhere that I know of. "Calming" is a good thing for my skin. I really got interested in these products initially though purely for the prices, which I think are really really good. I just spent quite a bit today on gear for my daughter for soccer and tennis this spring - there goes my mmu budget, LOL.

Oh, and btw you are really pretty. I really like your lippie in your current photo, it looks nice.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Sirvinya /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks for sharing your experience, simisimi100. you'r wellcome Sirvinya! I hope I didnt somthing wrong....
its is from my firsts tries in MMU.

but thank God's I found a lot of wonderfull brands! :)

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif you'r wellcome Sirvinya! I hope I didnt somthing wrong....
its is from my firsts tries in MMU.

but thank God's I found a lot of wonderfull brands! :)

You didn't do anything wrong - you just shared your experience. Others will have had different experiences. I did look at the E Bay feedback for them and it is really quite good. A handful of negatives and mostly positives (it looks very similar to what Silk Naturals had when they were on E Bay.) Frankly thus far I've spent a lot of money on mmu that didn't work for me and only found a few things I really like - this brand is really reasonably priced, so if I can find something with this type of pricing that works for me then I'm all for it.

I bought Emu Oil from her earlier this year, but it never arrived.  She told me the following by email:

"it was shipped on the 23rd of april in 2 separate priority packages. i find it hard to believe 2 packages could possibly be lost. they must be sitting somewhere. do you have a post office or customs they could be sitting in?"

then I got this after I told her that it still hadn't arrived:

"you will need to check with your post office and customs departments. usa does not scan international orders so they will never update. there cant be any way both of these are lost."

this is not true, we ship to the US and from the US every week and they of course scan international orders

I would not recommend doing business with this company as this was the next email I got from her:

"Here's the thing. The reason why it shipped in 2 separate packages is because when we tried to fit it into the first one it didn't fit. So instead of cancelling the first label and putting in for a refund request I instead just printed another label and placed half the order in one package and the other half in the other and shipped them that day. This is why I am thinking of discontinuing shipping internationally. This happens to us all the time. People claim they haven't gotten their packages and I can't prove they did so I lose tons of money. I guess u will have to file a chargeback because I am just too unsure that you did not receive either of these. I know for a fact they were shipped. I packed it myself. "

And then...

what are they talking about?  this is why packages get lost. all they do is give everyone the run around and do not take responsibility for losing everyones merchandise.  they have different numbers. i sent you 2 packages, each with their own separate number. here they are again.    What can I say, I am out $175 and have not had any returned emails, money requests or phone calls.  Should this change, I will update this post with Problem Solved, Thank you My Mineral Glitters.

Stay away from this product.  If there is anything wrong with your order, the owner won't help you, won't answer you and if she does, is extremely rude - not even addressing your concern.  She definitely has a problem.  Mostly, that she doesn't care if you are happy or, not.

I have to agree. I found them extremely rude, and when I called to complain about missing products from my order, she was rude in her emails and sent some cheap "free" things to apologize, but then when the replacement order came and it was still wrong she blamed it on her sister who was helping her, and said she fired her now, and things should be better, and several weeks later, I finally received everything.  Then when I wanted to reorder from her online on ebay again, she blocked me as a buyer! How is that right if SHE was the one who kept messing up the order.  I ordered one other time from her before that, and that order was wrong as well, and I ended up having to file a Paypal claim before it was resolved.  As for quality, the last batch I received of her foundation was not as light and was very cakey. Not worth the hassle or the money to switch from Bare Minerals, I think.

Hmmm Joelle sounds sketchy. However I've found True minerals on ebay and their mineral makeup is great. It's not chalky, finely milled, sticks to skin, and their mmu doesn't contain bismuth oxychloride. I have dry and acne prone skin and this doesn't cause me to break out nor does it dry me out. I think this site is worth checking out. Their customer service is great whenever i have a question they respond within the same day or the next and they are very professional about it. Prices are very reasonable 10- 13 dollar for a 6 gram jar and they don't use fillers. Its worth checking out. I use the tan kit and the loose mineral shadows they give you stick to skin just like their foundation. It's really worth checking out especially if you're looking for an alternative to bare minerals. Also unlike joelle they allow returns

RETURN POLICY
We are so sure that you are going to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. We believe you will love our products that we guarantee your purchase price back if you are unsatisfied for any reason. All items in the order must be returned to us with in 7 days of receiving the order

As long as you can find a shade that matches your skin tone i think you'll be happy with their products... but use your own brushes (i use eco tools). hope this helps  

let me tell you that all I've had with joelle/ my mineral glitters is awesome products, never had any mistakes on

my orders, and ones I knew what foundation, blush I liked after trying the samples and kits...I order the XXL jars

15 for I believe 14 grms...of awesome mmc just love it.

So if you haven't tried, you should don't just take someone's word or bad experience.

I just love it and have tried many minerals make up before even the very pricey ones so what works on someone

might not work for you.

Latest posts

Back