Eyelash primer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
im thinking of buying an eyelash primer I would love some suggestions about primers you have used....since im new to this primer stuff I wanted to know does it help out with the eyelash sticking together because my eyelashes always seem to stick together when I apply mascara "only my left eye" it really bugs the hell out of me I even quit applying mascara for about 3 months because I used to get so mad I wanted to rip my eyelashes out... blabbering allot sorry :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've tried MAC Prep+Prime Lash, Clinique Lash Building Primer, and Shiseido The Mascara Base. My fave is Shiseido's, and then Clilnique's. MAC's was too "gloppy" for me.

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've tried MAC Prep+Prime Lash, Clinique Lash Building Primer, and Shiseido The Mascara Base. My fave is Shiseido's, and then Clilnique's. MAC's was too "gloppy" for me. I´ve used Shiseido´s and MAC`s. I agree with Shiseido being the best, MAC Prep+Prime Lash was too "wet" and coated my lashes white, whereas the Shiseido lash primer doesn´t have a lot of color to it

thanks i'll be checkinig out the Shiseido primer

in genral are they supposed to help separate eyelashes and are there special ones for curling the eyelash??

I've used the Clinique's one, and it is good. The Clinique one has fibers in it that help your eye lashes look longer. I was afraid it would make my eyes look fake, but it was very subtle and natural. It also coats your lashes in a white primer so that when you put on the mascara you get a bigger color pay off, so its great if you like colorful or really black lashes.

I use MAC's primer and it does its job really nice for me. I'd like to try out something new though, and I guess Shisheido's is quite popular!

For the longest time I used Loreals Volume Shocking, its a 2 sided mascara deal, I just used the primer, it worked ok but left my lashes a little stiff.

I splurged on Guerlain lash primer because I use primer everytime before my mascara. It was totally worth it. It has a subtle, almost no color to it, holds my curl, seperates my lashes like a dream, and keeps my lashes soft, and stops my mascara from flaking. I love it.

I've only tried MAC's and am really happy with the results, first tried it when it was first released and havent stopped using it since. Really helps the mascara to go on smoother and not flaky/clumpy

I am not sure who its by but I know that one brand has a clear type of mascara and a clear eyebrow thingie. The lash primer is on one end and the brow on the other. I found it works great for seperating my lashes and keeping them seperated while I put my mascara on and I also love the brow primer because it keeps my eyebrows in place.

If your lashes are sticking together, try this technique out:

- Put the mascara wand at the base of the lash, wiggle it so that the lashes really get into the brush, then pull it straight through the lashes without wiggling.

A lot of times people will wiggle all the way up which puts a LOT of product on the tips of the lashes and can stick them together. You always want the tips of the lashes to be tapered.

i use MAC and the other girls are right that it coats your lashes white, but as long as you use a coat of mascara over it then it'll be fine.

Latest posts

Back