Wash your face...Warm or Cold water? what's better?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does it make a difference to wash your face with warm or cold water when it comes to great skin?
kopfkratz.gif

i prefer warm. cold water closes your pores, so i would first use warm water to wash my face, then use cold water (in the form of a toner) to close the pores.

i consider also warm water to be ideal for my skin, i don't like much extreme temperatures. cold or hot temperatures turn my skin into a big red tomato
laughing.gif

I usually wash my face with hot water and then splash my face a couple times with cold when i'm done.

i prefer to wash my face in warm water to get dirt and makup completely out and then I splash cold water on afterwards to close my pores.

I use warm at first, then when im done washing i use cold to close pores =)

Sometimes your cleanser will specify on the bottle, at least those with some type of exfoliating acid tend too. Mine recommends using cool water.

Aah I see. Thanks for sharing your hot/cold regimes...
bath.gif

I always wash my face with lukewarm water (when I am not taking a shower) to slightly cold. I was wondering about the pores indeed, that maybe they close when using a cold splash. Different opinions about that...

i heard the pores do not ACTUALLY close or open by changing temperatures. i prefer warm water as well, but when my skin is irritated,i use use cold

Originally Posted by puncturedskirt /img/forum/go_quote.gif I usually wash my face with hot water and then splash my face a couple times with cold when i'm done. ditto.

Originally Posted by Labrat81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't splash with cold water since I know that pores don't open and close that way (contrary to popular belief), and cold water can be irritating. I wash with warm since it helps boost the detergency of my cleanser..

ITA!! I hate that pore myth!!!!!!

I wash mine with warm water, occasionally I might spash my face with a bit of cold water afterwards, for that nice refreshed feeling! lol

I have heard that using too hot or too cold water can harm skin and cause broken blood vessels and skin aging (hot water). I don't know for sure if it is true, but I just stay on the safe side and stick with luke warm water.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif i prefer warm. cold water closes your pores, so i would first use warm water to wash my face, then use cold water (in the form of a toner) to close the pores.i consider also warm water to be ideal for my skin, i don't like much extreme temperatures. cold or hot temperatures turn my skin into a big red tomato
laughing.gif

I agree, I love a splash of cold water after washing my face, it really wakes me up.

Latest posts

Back