MAC Empty containers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

I was told a long time ago by a girl in MAC that they accept empty eyeshadow pots/lipstick tubes etc for recyling and then you get a free product.

I cant remember how many containers you have to take back to get the free product.

Does anybody know?

Thanks

Any six plastics. In partnered stores (like in a Macy's) you can only get a free lipstick. Now at MAC stores (at least the one I shop at) you can get a lipstick, lipgloss, eyeshadow or prolongwear refill. Oh or a lip gelee I believe. LOVE Back 2 MAC!

I have a quick question, I have a 4 shadow palette and 2 technakohl liners, would that count as 6 or 3?

Pencil liners don't count because there's nothing left to recycle. I'm pretty sure that's the case and that's what I've read. The palette counts as one. Also for the holiday sets and things like that, all of the mini lipglasses, pigments etc would count as one.

And the eyeshadow pots that have been depotted - they need the metal pan (at least in my store).

Originally Posted by tuna_fish /img/forum/go_quote.gif And the eyeshadow pots that have been depotted - they need the metal pan (at least in my store). So, could I depot my quad and count that as four?

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif So, could I depot my quad and count that as four? No. Metal pans by themselves don't count.
Only the plastic pot of individual eyeshadows. Some stores require the metal pans to be in the plastic pot, some don't.

Originally Posted by SimplyElegant /img/forum/go_quote.gif Pencil liners don't count because there's nothing left to recycle. I'm pretty sure that's the case and that's what I've read. But surely Technakhol liners qualify for B2M because they aren't pencil liners, they do have a plastic tube? I was sure they did, because they have 'Back 2 Mac' written on the box.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif So, could I depot my quad and count that as four? In my experience, depotting a quad isn't very easy, though there's at least 3-4 methods to do it. Not to mention, I'd want to keep the quad so I had something to put depotted e/s in... Although, I wouldn't depot the quad to begin with personally.

Back