MMU Undereye Concealer and Mature Skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations or tips for an undereye concealer that doesn't settle into those fine lines that are the bane of those of us over forty? I've tried powdered concealers (disaster), and I've tried mixing it into my undereye cream and either it clumps or it slides off. I haven't tried the cream concealers yet--anyone like Pure Luxe? If so, which one--the eraser, or the correctors?

I think a cream concealer would work a lot better for you than a powder. I use Lumiere's healing concealer and that doesn't sink into my fine lines.

I think you're probably right. I was just ordering some samples of Cory yesterday, since others on the forum like her foundations and blushes, and I went ahead and ordered her cream-to-powder concealer, but it may not work. Figured it was worth a shot, though. Thanks for the Lumiere recommendation.

Thanks, Simi. On a whim, I ordered Cory's cream concealer when I was ordering other samples from her on Sunday, and I already received a notice that she shipped it yesterday. I'm glad to hear that you like it--that gives me some hope!

Please share with us after you receive them.

I may need a cream concealer in the forward future, too.

u can damp ur brush before applying powder concealer, cause damp brush makes it creamy and it covers better

i have very dark circles undereye and i do it when applying my EDM concealer and it's ok

for undereye i think EDM concealer such as Sunlight, Light intensive or Multitasking might be ok, i haven't tried other brands

good luck
smile.gif

That's a great idea, however , for the dry, mature skin, the powder may accentuate the fine lines. But I guess maybe we can mix MMU with eye cream to creat our own concealer. Maybe I will try this someday.

Originally Posted by smile:) /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's a great idea, however , for the dry, mature skin, the powder may accentuate the fine lines. But I guess maybe we can mix MMU with eye cream to creat our own concealer. Maybe I will try this someday. you just right now gave me a wonderfull idea! thank you for that!

I will definitely let you know what I think of Cory's concealer. In my experience, powder concealer is awful for mature skin under the eyes--it highlights every fine line (and I honestly don't have that many). I've tried mixing it with my moisturizer, but I couldn't get it to work correctly. I've had it get lumpy, and I've had it practically slide off my skin. I suppose I could keep trying, but frankly, when I'm trying to get to work in the mornings, I don't really have the time to mess around.

(I'm not sure if it's okay to say it here, but I do have a non-MMU recommendation/rave for a terrific undereye cream to help lessen dark circles, by the way--Revision Teamine Eye Complex. It really works, and I have those horrid hereditary dark, dark circles.)

I want to give you one more suggestion.. I'v tried Jane Iardale's concealers and its awsom! great concealer to dark circle.. its a little pricey but its great!!

I have all Jane Iardale's concealers..

Thanks, Simi. I hadn't considered Jane Iredale. Which one of Jane Iredale's concealers do you like best? I just took a look at her website, and the brightening one in the tube looks like it is probably the best bet for me, but I wondered which one you liked.

Originally Posted by Mamabear /img/forum/go_quote.gif I will definitely let you know what I think of Cory's concealer. In my experience, powder concealer is awful for mature skin under the eyes--it highlights every fine line (and I honestly don't have that many). I've tried mixing it with my moisturizer, but I couldn't get it to work correctly. I've had it get lumpy, and I've had it practically slide off my skin. I suppose I could keep trying, but frankly, when I'm trying to get to work in the mornings, I don't really have the time to mess around.
(I'm not sure if it's okay to say it here, but I do have a non-MMU recommendation/rave for a terrific undereye cream to help lessen dark circles, by the way--Revision Teamine Eye Complex. It really works, and I have those horrid hereditary dark, dark circles.)

where can we get this eye cream? I have horrible hereditary circles too and nothing has ever worked on them...I am willing to try anything! Thanks!

Originally Posted by Mamabear /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks, Simi. I hadn't considered Jane Iredale. Which one of Jane Iredale's concealers do you like best? I just took a look at her website, and the brightening one in the tube looks like it is probably the best bet for me, but I wondered which one you liked. its great!!! I like the eyelighten and the Under Eye Concealer their 2 concealers.. great!!!the concealer in the tube is not good for the eye area I think.. I use it in my scars..

HTH

Thanks, Simi. My Cory order came today, and I was a little dubious about the cream to powder concealer, which I ordered in mauve because the others looked too light, but it seems to be okay. I'll see how it goes during the day tomorrow.

Paast10, I ordered my Revision Teamine Eye Complex online. A number of places online carry it. It's expensive, but you only use a tiny bit; I have been using mine twice a day for about 7 months now and I've only used about a third of the jar. I definitely saw a noticeable improvement within several weeks. I just saw a cousin who hadn't seen me in a year, and he said I looked 15 years younger. (MMU might have helped too!)

Back