-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Good Vanilla perfume?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 53 OFFLINE   Adrienne

Adrienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,690 posts
  • Joined 25-September 07

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:22 AM

Right now, i'm discovering that i absolutely love vanilla notes in my perfume but i want something new and fresh.

I tried Lancome Hypnose but the vanilla was way too heavy, I tried donna karen's cashmere mist but i'm still not sure (it doesn't have a vanilla note in it but smelled very powdery a little sweet), and I kinda like Cacharel Amor Amor but it just was too strong.

"Every saint has a past; every sinner has a future."

"Maybe you should eat makeup so you can try and be pretty on the inside, b*tch."

#Post 2 of 53 OFFLINE   magosienne

magosienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,321 posts
  • Joined 02-May 06

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:11 PM

really ? i thought amor amor was pretty light.

#Post 3 of 53 OFFLINE   classylass

classylass

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Joined 13-April 08

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:38 PM

omg. you are askin the right person. ever since i started wearing perfume ive been in love wit vanilla smelling stuff. okay so heres my list of kinds

the one i wear the most is a cheapie from longs but i get so many compiments and it smells soo good. its called body fantasies vanilla fantasy.

then theres the bath and body works (which is my second favorite only cuz its expensive.) its called bath and body works luxuries pure silk body splash warm vanilla sugar. to b honest i think this is the best if im not worried about the price.

i have jessica simpsons dessert creamy which is a vanilla carmel mix. its prettyy good but i dont think they make it anymore and you can eat it. but if it wasnt for that its not anythin spectacular. its kinda sticky too..

then i have clinique simply. its a mix of i think honeydew and vanilla. its more honeydew smell. but its reallyy good. but i wanted somethin more vanillay than that. iono about you though. its expensive tho like $50 bucks or somethin crazy. i personallyy dont think its worth the price but yaa know.

anywayz i hope that helped yah out. : )
fair skinned._(NW20 or NW15)_natural redhead._brown eyes._dry skin.

#Post 4 of 53 OFFLINE   Jinx

Jinx

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  • Joined 16-February 06

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:40 PM

Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace.
It's been my siggy fragrance for 10 years- even during the "dark years" they discontinued it, I had a 2 and a half case reserve that held me until they brought it back.
It is a very pure vanilla scent, it smells like cookies and chocolate. Or chocolate cookies, lol!
Anyway, people always notice it they can almost never place it and start wondering if it is baking they smell or chocolate or what.
It's awesome.
Awesome to the max.

#Post 5 of 53 OFFLINE   Aquilah

Aquilah

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts
  • Joined 22-February 06

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:18 PM

Vanille Coco by Comptoir Sud Pacifique!!!
"This is life not heaven, you don't have to be perfect."

#Post 6 of 53 OFFLINE   Aprill

Aprill

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,482 posts
  • Joined 09-January 07

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:22 PM

Warm Vanilla Sugar by Bath and Body works
Lavanilla Vanilla Blossom
Princess by Vera Wang

#Post 7 of 53 OFFLINE   Adrienne

Adrienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,690 posts
  • Joined 25-September 07

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:51 PM

Quote:
really ? i thought amor amor was pretty light.
It must've been the way my sister in law wore it then. I kinda liked it but it just kept throwing me off.

Quote:
Vanille Coco by Comptoir Sud Pacifique
I remember smelling this one!! This is what started my rage with vanilla perfume last year lol. Thanks for reminding me of the name!

Quote:
Lavanilla Vanilla Blossom
Princess by Vera Wang
I've smelled Princess and i fell in love. I have yet to sample it on myself though to make sure it works.

Thanks everyone for the help!!

"Maybe you should eat makeup so you can try and be pretty on the inside, b*tch."

#Post 8 of 53 OFFLINE   fashion_junkie

fashion_junkie

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Joined 23-May 08

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:59 PM

Dream Angels heavenly or Sud Pacifique

#Post 9 of 53 OFFLINE   fawp

fawp

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,716 posts
  • Joined 11-September 07

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:02 PM

I really like Victoria's Secrets Amber Romance. It's been my signature fragrance for almost four years and I always get tons of compliments on it.

#Post 10 of 53 OFFLINE   emily_3383

emily_3383

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,286 posts
  • Joined 29-October 05

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:23 PM

Anymore?

#Post 11 of 53 OFFLINE   Adrienne

Adrienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,690 posts
  • Joined 25-September 07

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:32 PM

Hehe I still haven't found any I really like.

#Post 12 of 53 OFFLINE   emily_3383

emily_3383

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,286 posts
  • Joined 29-October 05

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:42 PM

Im liking the Bath and Body Works one. I got a travel size bottle for $3.

#Post 13 of 53 OFFLINE   Rebbierae

Rebbierae

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Joined 14-May 08

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:07 PM

BY Lolita Lempicka
L de Lolita Lempicka
L, the second perfume from designer Lolita Lempicka, embodies an ancient mariner myth, with the sea for a background and a mermaid for a mistress. The woman who wears it is untamed and precious, free and elusive. The scent itself is a passionate combination of everlasting flower, bitter orange, cinnamon, vanilla and precious woods. And like a treasure recovered from the deep, the aquamarine, heart-like jewel of a bottle is caught in a golden net.

Notes:
Bitter Orange, Cinnamon, Immortal, Vanilla, Precious Woods, Solar Notes, Musk.
Style:
Fantastical. Elusive. Free-spirited.

Adrienne this is one of my new favorites--AND it has great staying power, I thought. I put it on yesterday morning before work, and this morning in bed I was lying there with my wrists up by my nose, and I could STILL smell it. It's a wonderful vanilla smell, with a bit of spice to it I think (but that isn't that prevalent to me) so I think they classify it as an oriental.

#Post 14 of 53 OFFLINE   Dalylah

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts
  • Joined 08-July 09

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:55 PM

I adore Vanilla. I wear Sarong which is Vanilla and Night blooming flowers. I really love it. It doesn't have that overwhelming perfumey smell that most others do. I keep trying to find other perfumes to add to my arsenal but I just go back to this hehe.

#Post 15 of 53 OFFLINE   Orangeeyecrayon

Orangeeyecrayon

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts
  • Joined 27-November 06

Posted 01 January 2010 - 09:54 PM

pretty much anything by Lavanila

#Post 16 of 53 OFFLINE   t1nkerbell

t1nkerbell

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 05-November 09

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:22 AM

you HAVE to try the Harajuku Lovers fragrance in Music. Its vanilla-y in how its warm and comforting, but it also has notes of pear, sweet pea and musk. Its delicious and it dosen't smell cheap or act cheap like some body sprays do by not lasting or using uber synthetic materials that give me mad headaches. If you want something just vanilla, I personally would reccomend using vanilla essential oil from a health food store, and I also know bath and body works has a warm vanilla sugar but i don't like that one personally, too sweet!

P.S. You could also try using a couple dabs of vanilla extract--with all the alchohol in it, its probably similar to some perfumes on the market today!

#Post 17 of 53 OFFLINE   fictionwriter04

fictionwriter04

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Joined 18-January 10

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:01 PM

what about a body spray instead of a perfume. bath and body works has one called warm vanilla sugar which is soooo good. and victoria's secret has one called vanilla lace which i love as well.

#Post 18 of 53 OFFLINE   Cipriana

Cipriana

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 12-March 10

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:53 PM

I wear Vanilla Vera Cruz by Pacifica, it is an all natural perfume (they also sell soaps and body lotions and the most divinely scented candles!)
If you are in the USA or the UK you can find them at wholefoods! That is where I bought the Vanilla Vera Cruz (and way too many scented candles haha) on my trip to NYC!

I really love the entire line Pacifica has to offer, with it's exotic notes, but the Vanilla scent is my favorite, it lingers too!
And bonus points for it being natural and chemical free

#Post 19 of 53 OFFLINE   kayley123

kayley123

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 07-April 10

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

I've heard good things about Lavanila and Pacifica, all the ones I've smelled have been really lovely!
Are you looking for mass-market or more niche fragrances? Or both/either?

#Post 20 of 53 OFFLINE   sooperficial

sooperficial

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:21 PM

If you can find it, Banana republic Soft Vanilla Mist. I LOVE this one and I always get tons of complements when I wear it. I've seen them at TJ Maxx, Marshall's and Banana Republic outlet stores.