Good Vanilla perfume?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Right now, i'm discovering that i absolutely love vanilla notes in my perfume but i want something new and fresh.

I tried Lancome Hypnose but the vanilla was way too heavy, I tried donna karen's cashmere mist but i'm still not sure (it doesn't have a vanilla note in it but smelled very powdery a little sweet), and I kinda like Cacharel Amor Amor but it just was too strong.

omg. you are askin the right person. ever since i started wearing perfume ive been in love wit vanilla smelling stuff. okay so heres my list of kinds

the one i wear the most is a cheapie from longs but i get so many compiments and it smells soo good. its called body fantasies vanilla fantasy.

then theres the bath and body works (which is my second favorite only cuz its expensive.) its called bath and body works luxuries pure silk body splash warm vanilla sugar. to b honest i think this is the best if im not worried about the price.

i have jessica simpsons dessert creamy which is a vanilla carmel mix. its prettyy good but i dont think they make it anymore and you can eat it. but if it wasnt for that its not anythin spectacular. its kinda sticky too..

then i have clinique simply. its a mix of i think honeydew and vanilla. its more honeydew smell. but its reallyy good. but i wanted somethin more vanillay than that. iono about you though. its expensive tho like $50 bucks or somethin crazy. i personallyy dont think its worth the price but yaa know.

anywayz i hope that helped yah out. : )

Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace.

It's been my siggy fragrance for 10 years- even during the "dark years" they discontinued it, I had a 2 and a half case reserve that held me until they brought it back.

It is a very pure vanilla scent, it smells like cookies and chocolate. Or chocolate cookies, lol!

Anyway, people always notice it they can almost never place it and start wondering if it is baking they smell or chocolate or what.

It's awesome.

Awesome to the max.

rockwoot.gif

Quote:
really ? i thought amor amor was pretty light. It must've been the way my sister in law wore it then. I kinda liked it but it just kept throwing me off.

Quote:
Vanille Coco by Comptoir Sud Pacifique I remember smelling this one!! This is what started my rage with vanilla perfume last year lol. Thanks for reminding me of the name!

Quote:
Lavanilla Vanilla BlossomPrincess by Vera Wang

I've smelled Princess and i fell in love. I have yet to sample it on myself though to make sure it works.
Thanks everyone for the help!!
smile.gif

I really like Victoria's Secrets Amber Romance. It's been my signature fragrance for almost four years and I always get tons of compliments on it.

P192805_hero.jpg
BY Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka

L, the second perfume from designer Lolita Lempicka, embodies an ancient mariner myth, with the sea for a background and a mermaid for a mistress. The woman who wears it is untamed and precious, free and elusive. The scent itself is a passionate combination of everlasting flower, bitter orange, cinnamon, vanilla and precious woods. And like a treasure recovered from the deep, the aquamarine, heart-like jewel of a bottle is caught in a golden net.

Notes:

Bitter Orange, Cinnamon, Immortal, Vanilla, Precious Woods, Solar Notes, Musk.

Style:

Fantastical. Elusive. Free-spirited.

Adrienne this is one of my new favorites--AND it has great staying power, I thought. I put it on yesterday morning before work, and this morning in bed I was lying there with my wrists up by my nose, and I could STILL smell it. It's a wonderful vanilla smell, with a bit of spice to it I think (but that isn't that prevalent to me) so I think they classify it as an oriental.

I adore Vanilla. I wear Sarong which is Vanilla and Night blooming flowers. I really love it. It doesn't have that overwhelming perfumey smell that most others do. I keep trying to find other perfumes to add to my arsenal but I just go back to this hehe.

you HAVE to try the Harajuku Lovers fragrance in Music. Its vanilla-y in how its warm and comforting, but it also has notes of pear, sweet pea and musk. Its delicious and it dosen't smell cheap or act cheap like some body sprays do by not lasting or using uber synthetic materials that give me mad headaches. If you want something just vanilla, I personally would reccomend using vanilla essential oil from a health food store, and I also know bath and body works has a warm vanilla sugar but i don't like that one personally, too sweet!

P.S. You could also try using a couple dabs of vanilla extract--with all the alchohol in it, its probably similar to some perfumes on the market today!

what about a body spray instead of a perfume. bath and body works has one called warm vanilla sugar which is soooo good. and victoria's secret has one called vanilla lace which i love as well.

I wear Vanilla Vera Cruz by Pacifica, it is an all natural perfume (they also sell soaps and body lotions and the most divinely scented candles!)

If you are in the USA or the UK you can find them at wholefoods! That is where I bought the Vanilla Vera Cruz (and way too many scented candles haha) on my trip to NYC!

I really love the entire line Pacifica has to offer, with it's exotic notes, but the Vanilla scent is my favorite, it lingers too!

And bonus points for it being natural and chemical free
smile.gif

I've heard good things about Lavanila and Pacifica, all the ones I've smelled have been really lovely!

Are you looking for mass-market or more niche fragrances? Or both/either?

If you can find it, Banana republic Soft Vanilla Mist. I LOVE this one and I always get tons of complements when I wear it. I've seen them at TJ Maxx, Marshall's and Banana Republic outlet stores.

Back