Best Green Corrector/Concealer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now I know that almost every mineral company has a green corrector/concealer, but does anybody know of one that's really great? I'd like to either mix some with my foundation or put a think layer on under my foundation to tone down some redness. I have a green corrector from joelle minerals but I'm not sure that I'm happy with the texture. I'd really like something that goes on nicely and evenly and doesn't clump. Something that works well basically
smile.gif
Any ideas?

Are you applying the Joelle minerals dry or mixing it with something? I havent tried the product but could perhaps work better if mixed with something else.

I use LaurEss Neutralize. It is green/yellow so it doesn't give that gray dead tone I get with true green correctors. This has worked wonders for me on broken capillaries and general redness in my cheeks. It goes on very smoothly and blends easily with foundation.

Originally Posted by beautybytheresa /img/forum/go_quote.gif Are you applying the Joelle minerals dry or mixing it with something? I havent tried the product but could perhaps work better if mixed with something else. I've only ever applied minerals dry, so I've been using the joelle corrector (leftover from a kit I bought - the foundations don't work for me) either brushed on before foundation or mixed with some foundation and brushed on together. I've been using meow pampered puss. It just isn't working quite right.

Originally Posted by makeupbabe /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use LaurEss Neutralize. It is green/yellow so it doesn't give that gray dead tone I get with true green correctors. This has worked wonders for me on broken capillaries and general redness in my cheeks. It goes on very smoothly and blends easily with foundation. Thanks, I might have to try that when I order from LaurEss. They have a nice selection of foundations so I was definitely going to order from them and if the neutralize is good I should try that too!

The Lily lolo one works great when applied on its own but by using the Kabuki brush as I have found that it doesnt look even if combined with something else.

You could however try using a camp brush that has been swiped over a wet wipe or a brush dampened is glycerine and purified water.

Let us know how it goes.

Originally Posted by Arielle123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've only ever applied minerals dry, so I've been using the joelle corrector (leftover from a kit I bought - the foundations don't work for me) either brushed on before foundation or mixed with some foundation and brushed on together. I've been using meow pampered puss. It just isn't working quite right.

Thanks, I might have to try that when I order from LaurEss. They have a nice selection of foundations so I was definitely going to order from them and if the neutralize is good I should try that too!

why you didnt like the JOEL'S foundations?

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif why you didnt like the JOEL'S foundations? The colors were way wrong for me. Even the lightest one is too dark and too yellow.

I haven't tried the green, but I really like Joppa's lavender and yellow correctors, as well as their multi-tasking concealer. In fact, I also use Meow's Pampurred Puss, and I find the Joppa outlasts the Meow, so even though the lavender really corrects my hyperpigmentation well, I do better with the multi-tasking concealer because otherwise by the end of the day I'm left with strange lavender spots when the Meow has worn off!!

The Mineral Silk site says to use a yellow undereye concealer to counteract all-over redness (like rosacia, for instance). They specifically say that the green is for spot treatments - acne and broken capillaries and such - and not to be used as an all-over corrector.

I've tried their concealers, and really like them....but I haven't tried anyone else's, so I don't know how they compare.

Mineral Makeup | Bare Minerals | Mineral Silk

Originally Posted by Stellaria /img/forum/go_quote.gif The Mineral Silk site says to use a yellow undereye concealer to counteract all-over redness (like rosacia, for instance). They specifically say that the green is for spot treatments - acne and broken capillaries and such - and not to be used as an all-over corrector.I've tried their concealers, and really like them....but I haven't tried anyone else's, so I don't know how they compare.

Mineral Makeup | Bare Minerals | Mineral Silk

I haven't tried anything from mineral silk - are the rest of their minerals good? I never thought to use yellow for redness b/c I always thought that green was good for that. That's interesting!

Well, I was pleased enough with their foundation, concealer, and powder to order full sizes....and from me, that means a lot! I'm sort of a sample junkie
smile.gif
Their CS is amazing, and it's a from-home company, which I also try to support.

Originally Posted by makeupbabe /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use LaurEss Neutralize. It is green/yellow so it doesn't give that gray dead tone I get with true green correctors. This has worked wonders for me on broken capillaries and general redness in my cheeks. It goes on very smoothly and blends easily with foundation. I 2nd the LaurEss neutralize. I'm going to order me a full size!
I was using the EDM Mint concealer and even when mixing it 50/50 with multi-tasking concealer it didn't get rid of the redness as well as the LaurEss.

Originally Posted by 4evrrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif I 2nd the LaurEss neutralize. I'm going to order me a full size!
I was using the EDM Mint concealer and even when mixing it 50/50 with multi-tasking concealer it didn't get rid of the redness as well as the LaurEss.

Does the LaurEss neutralize have good lasting power? What foundation do you use it with?

Well, i can only speak for the one company i have used and that's edm. I think it covers up pretty nicely but not completely. Although I'm not sure if thats due to my inexperience or bc its not THE best.

I have redness on my cheeks and nose and it does neutralize pretty well.

Originally Posted by ag10v /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, i can only speak for the one company i have used and that's edm. I think it covers up pretty nicely but not completely. Although I'm not sure if thats due to my inexperience or bc its not THE best.
I have redness on my cheeks and nose and it does neutralize pretty well.

Do you use their green concealer or just the foundation?

Originally Posted by Arielle123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Does the LaurEss neutralize have good lasting power? What foundation do you use it with? Yes it honestly does. Great coverage without being cakey.
I have used it with EDM, SM and LaurEss mineral foundations.

BTW, Colorful*Sprinkles - Home sells LaurEss products in 1/2 sizes.

my personal favorites are edm's mint concealer and cory's yellow/green mica free concealer for pimple marks on both my cheeks. as for under eye circles, its lumiere healing concealer in light medium topped with edm's sunlight concealer.

I made a mix of EDM mint and Golden Fair foundation(more mint than foundation) and it's the perfect shade for me and goes on well, blends, well. Doesn't show up later through your makeup.

I have only used one and that is EDM's. I find it makes me look a bit ashy so I might try the Lauress one. It does wear quite well although I do find that it sometimes buffs off when I'm buffing my foundation in. Perhaps I'm buff too much!

Back