-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

The Return of the MakeupTalk Product Review Center! read more...

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

My gf is getting bad cramps (that time of the month)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 33 OFFLINE   TylerD

TylerD

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts
  • Joined 08-August 06
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:09 AM

Yes its true.... the week all guys dread..... the period week lol. Anyways my girl is getting really bad pains... she says she gets it worse then most girls she knows ( she was pretty much screaming this morning from the pains) anyways I just want to know (yes im a guy but still curious cuz I worry about her) Is there anything that helps at all.... I know she is taking tylenol menstrul but I dontt hink its doing much.... Anyone have suggestions .

By the way sorrry if this was posted in the wrong section.. Tony or any other mod can move this to where it is suppose to be..

THanks.
If you arent a Colts fan get out

#Post 2 of 33 OFFLINE   prettylynn

prettylynn

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Joined 30-January 08
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:12 AM

I think if they are that bad she should talk to her doctor, maybe she can get some muscle relaxers or something to at least help take the edge off.

#Post 3 of 33 OFFLINE   TylerD

TylerD

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts
  • Joined 08-August 06
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:14 AM

She did go see a doctor, they just told her to take tylenol menstrul and maybe a hot water bottle... Was just seeing if there is any tips any of you girls do that might help... There is always some stuff docs dont say that work well...

#Post 4 of 33 OFFLINE   pinksugar

pinksugar

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,832 posts
  • Joined 04-January 07
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:14 AM

being on the contraceptive pill should reduce the symptoms. So should evening primrose oil tablets, and as she's already doing, pain relief tablets.

Hope she feels better soon - maybe she should snuggle up in bed with some chocolate and some cozy jim jams

#Post 5 of 33 OFFLINE   Ricci

Ricci

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,779 posts
  • Joined 25-May 06
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:16 AM

Tyler i have the solution i been doing it for years
she must take 4 Motrin tablets in the white tablets in the white and orange packaging it works!!

tylenol dont help mortrin does

#Post 6 of 33 OFFLINE   TylerD

TylerD

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts
  • Joined 08-August 06
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:19 AM

Really :| Wow Ill bring that up to her thanks Ricci... Maybe we will take a trip to the drugstore tonight.

And Pinksugar im sure she would love that idea haha :P She loves choc.... And snuggling.

#Post 7 of 33 OFFLINE   prettylynn

prettylynn

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Joined 30-January 08
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:22 AM

I'd go back and tell the doc that what he/she reccomended is not helping. Has she actually gone while they were bad? If she hasnt maybe she should so he/she can see that she is in a lot of pain.

#Post 8 of 33 OFFLINE   TylerD

TylerD

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts
  • Joined 08-August 06
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:23 AM

She went yesterday and they werent as bad as today but still not great.. and that is what the doctor recommended. I wasn't there so im not sure what all happened :P

#Post 9 of 33 OFFLINE   Ricci

Ricci

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,779 posts
  • Joined 25-May 06
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:26 AM

do that .. and it will take 30-45 Min's to work (kick in)take it with hot drink? last about 4 hours soon as she feels it coming back take another 4 only after 4 hours tho

Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
Really :| Wow Ill bring that up to her thanks Ricci... Maybe we will take a trip to the drugstore tonight.

And Pinksugar im sure she would love that idea haha :P She loves choc.... And snuggling.

#Post 10 of 33 OFFLINE   TylerD

TylerD

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts
  • Joined 08-August 06
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:27 AM

Alright thanks alot Ricci Im going to sign off and see if she wants to tag along and go pick some up Ill report back tomorrow with what happens. I appreciate all the advice everyone.

#Post 11 of 33 OFFLINE   Aprill

Aprill

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,482 posts
  • Joined 09-January 07
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:28 AM

Tylenol Rapid Release 500mg take 2, warm baths, warm not hot tea, raspberry tea is good for the uterus. Chocolate and relaxation.

#Post 12 of 33 OFFLINE   Lemae

Lemae

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined 04-June 08
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
Yes its true.... the week all guys dread..... the period week lol. Anyways my girl is getting really bad pains... she says she gets it worse then most girls she knows ( she was pretty much screaming this morning from the pains) anyways I just want to know (yes im a guy but still curious cuz I worry about her) Is there anything that helps at all.... I know she is taking tylenol menstrul but I dontt hink its doing much.... Anyone have suggestions .

By the way sorrry if this was posted in the wrong section.. Tony or any other mod can move this to where it is suppose to be..

THanks.
I usually get em pretty bad myself for at the very least the first day.
Midol, Pamprin...The Tylenol never worked for me.
On the other hand if these have gotten worse over time for her or they are somewhat of a newer thing she should go see a doctor.

#Post 13 of 33 OFFLINE   Bec688

Bec688

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • Joined 04-July 06
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:31 AM

Magnesium is good to take to relax the muscles, and can help with cramps. Agreed on the evening primrose oil that helps with mood swings too.

Sometimes there can be underlying problems with bad period pain, eg endrometriosis, polycystis ovaries etc. If she isn't happy with the current doctor and feels that the pain is that bad, than perhaps she needs to go get a second opinion.

#Post 14 of 33 OFFLINE   michal_cohen

michal_cohen

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,729 posts
  • Joined 26-February 06
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:31 AM

well there are some massages oils specially for that
they help
'it could be worse so just smile"

#Post 15 of 33 OFFLINE   Stephie Baby

Stephie Baby

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Joined 30-December 07
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:00 AM

She may have Dysmenorrhea. I was diagnosed with it a few years ago. Its basically EXTREMELY painful cramps and aches during that time of the month. I was put on birth control and it has helped alot. I also have another medication that I take for the pains I still get. My pains have cut down alot since I started taking BC though.

If shes really as bad as you say, I would get her to go to the doctor and ask about it. My doctor didn't start looking into diagnosing me with it until I actually researched it and asked him. Alot of the time, doctors don't want to diagnose girls who have cramp issues because we all have them. Some just not as bad as others.

#Post 16 of 33 OFFLINE   speedy

speedy

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
  • Joined 01-July 04
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:44 AM

Going on the pill made a huge difference for me. But she'd really need to speak to her doctor about it, and if the doctor isn't helpful, maybe she should see a gynaecologist.

#Post 17 of 33 OFFLINE   GillT

GillT

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Joined 21-May 08
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:28 AM

Yep, I agree that the pill really helps. Also, get the doctor to prescribe her stronger painkillers or something like tranexamic acid to help the bleeding.
"He dropped to his knees to beg for mercy, which offered me height advantage as I smashed in his skull with a sledgehammer."

#Post 18 of 33 OFFLINE   Adrienne

Adrienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,690 posts
  • Joined 25-September 07
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:26 AM

If doctor's recommendations are not helping than maybe she needs to see someone else. If she's in that much pain, then something may be wrong as well. I've never tried them but have you seen the ice/hot pads that go on the back? I think they actually have some that are meant for cramps. That might help as well

"Every saint has a past; every sinner has a future."

"Maybe you should eat makeup so you can try and be pretty on the inside, b*tch."

#Post 19 of 33 OFFLINE   Johnnie

Johnnie

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,505 posts
  • Joined 10-February 08
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:29 AM

When mine were bad I used to lie flat on my stomach with a big pillow underneath.

#Post 20 of 33 OFFLINE   magosienne

magosienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,321 posts
  • Joined 02-May 06
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:45 AM

magnesium (hence the chocolate, preferably dark ) and lots of water. i also like chamomile infusions, green tea.
evening primerose oil helps balancing the hormones and helps with the pain (it's not a painkiller, but it helps a bit).