My gf is getting bad cramps (that time of the month)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yes its true.... the week all guys dread..... the period week lol. Anyways my girl is getting really bad pains... she says she gets it worse then most girls she knows ( she was pretty much screaming this morning from the pains) anyways I just want to know (yes im a guy but still curious cuz I worry about her) Is there anything that helps at all.... I know she is taking tylenol menstrul but I dontt hink its doing much.... Anyone have suggestions
frown.gif

By the way sorrry if this was posted in the wrong section.. Tony or any other mod can move this to where it is suppose to be..

THanks.

I think if they are that bad she should talk to her doctor, maybe she can get some muscle relaxers or something to at least help take the edge off.

She did go see a doctor, they just told her to take tylenol menstrul and maybe a hot water bottle...
frown.gif
Was just seeing if there is any tips any of you girls do that might help... There is always some stuff docs dont say that work well...

being on the contraceptive pill should reduce the symptoms. So should evening primrose oil tablets, and as she's already doing, pain relief tablets.

Hope she feels better soon - maybe she should snuggle up in bed with some chocolate and some cozy jim jams
smile.gif

Tyler i have the solution i been doing it for years

she must take 4 Motrin tablets in the white tablets in the white and orange packaging it works!!

tylenol dont help mortrin does

Really :| Wow Ill bring that up to her thanks Ricci... Maybe we will take a trip to the drugstore tonight.

And Pinksugar im sure she would love that idea haha :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> She loves choc.... And snuggling.

I'd go back and tell the doc that what he/she reccomended is not helping. Has she actually gone while they were bad? If she hasnt maybe she should so he/she can see that she is in a lot of pain.

She went yesterday and they werent as bad as today but still not great.. and that is what the doctor recommended. I wasn't there so im not sure what all happened :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

do that .. and it will take 30-45 Min's to work (kick in)take it with hot drink? last about 4 hours soon as she feels it coming back take another 4 only after 4 hours tho

Originally Posted by TylerD /img/forum/go_quote.gif Really :| Wow Ill bring that up to her thanks Ricci... Maybe we will take a trip to the drugstore tonight.
And Pinksugar im sure she would love that idea haha :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> She loves choc.... And snuggling.

Alright thanks alot Ricci Im going to sign off and see if she wants to tag along and go pick some up
smile.gif
Ill report back tomorrow with what happens. I appreciate all the advice everyone.

Tylenol Rapid Release 500mg take 2, warm baths, warm not hot tea, raspberry tea is good for the uterus. Chocolate and relaxation.

Originally Posted by TylerD /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes its true.... the week all guys dread..... the period week lol. Anyways my girl is getting really bad pains... she says she gets it worse then most girls she knows ( she was pretty much screaming this morning from the pains) anyways I just want to know (yes im a guy but still curious cuz I worry about her) Is there anything that helps at all.... I know she is taking tylenol menstrul but I dontt hink its doing much.... Anyone have suggestions
frown.gif
By the way sorrry if this was posted in the wrong section.. Tony or any other mod can move this to where it is suppose to be..

THanks.

I usually get em pretty bad myself for at the very least the first day.Midol, Pamprin...The Tylenol never worked for me.

On the other hand if these have gotten worse over time for her or they are somewhat of a newer thing she should go see a doctor.

Magnesium is good to take to relax the muscles, and can help with cramps. Agreed on the evening primrose oil that helps with mood swings too.

Sometimes there can be underlying problems with bad period pain, eg endrometriosis, polycystis ovaries etc. If she isn't happy with the current doctor and feels that the pain is that bad, than perhaps she needs to go get a second opinion.

She may have Dysmenorrhea. I was diagnosed with it a few years ago. Its basically EXTREMELY painful cramps and aches during that time of the month. I was put on birth control and it has helped alot. I also have another medication that I take for the pains I still get. My pains have cut down alot since I started taking BC though.

If shes really as bad as you say, I would get her to go to the doctor and ask about it. My doctor didn't start looking into diagnosing me with it until I actually researched it and asked him. Alot of the time, doctors don't want to diagnose girls who have cramp issues because we all have them. Some just not as bad as others.

Going on the pill made a huge difference for me. But she'd really need to speak to her doctor about it, and if the doctor isn't helpful, maybe she should see a gynaecologist.

Yep, I agree that the pill really helps. Also, get the doctor to prescribe her stronger painkillers or something like tranexamic acid to help the bleeding.

If doctor's recommendations are not helping than maybe she needs to see someone else. If she's in that much pain, then something may be wrong as well. I've never tried them but have you seen the ice/hot pads that go on the back? I think they actually have some that are meant for cramps. That might help as well

When mine were bad I used to lie flat on my stomach with a big pillow underneath.

magnesium (hence the chocolate, preferably dark
smile.gif
) and lots of water. i also like chamomile infusions, green tea.

evening primerose oil helps balancing the hormones and helps with the pain (it's not a painkiller, but it helps a bit).

Back