Makeup that won't rub off

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new here and I am hoping for some advice. While I have got pretty good at making my makeup look the way I want it to, I like full coverage for most days but still pretty natural looking, I tend to get pretty tan in the sumer but always wear a strong sunblock on my face so it is usually several shades lighter than the rest of me. I can match the shade pretty close by blending colors of makeup and get the look I want.

Now on to the problem, once I get the look how do I keep it? As long as I don't touch, rub, eat or brush my teeth I am fine but this is very limiting. I have very dry skin so putting powder over the top makes me look awful and I have broken myself of the habit of rubbing my face but I still can't control other people. My husband for example, the most heavy handed person I know seems to wait till I am in full makeup ready to go somewhere, then decide to tell me how pretty I look and proceed to run his hand across my face taking half my makeup with it, this makes me furious and I do feel bad yelling at him but what the hell?

As if hugging wasn't a big enough problem now this. There are several other male friends of mine that do the same thing, either they grab your face, rub your face or touch your nose. I don't understand men at all its like "its so perfect let me mess it up"

Anyway, if you have read this far thank you for listening and please help, what can I use to seal it on or what kind of makeup won't rub off? Please don't say airbrush cause I got one of those Dinair systems and by the time I got full coverage with it I had inhailed so much stuff I was woozy, plus, it wipes right off. I suppose the silicone makeup would be a little better with it but still not worth the damage to my lungs and eyes.

Any suggestios?

I would suggest getting a long-lasting foundation like Revlon's Colorstay or Dior's Forever foundation.

Yup, another vote for colorstay. And tell them not to touch your face, that's not good for your skin!

I had high hopes for Model in a Bottle but it didn't seem to make much difference and it seemed to really dry out my skin, after a few hours I looked like a crusty prune. I have been thinking about the Revlon color stay but not sure how it would do with dry skin and and settling into wrinkles. Has anyone tried Color Tration as an all over foundation? It says it does not rub off but I wonder if it is too heavy.

Mineral Makeup. You have to sample, sample, sample to find the right brand and color. It is worth it when you find it. I just found DreamWorld Minerals and it is the best for coverage and staying power. They have an extensive color selection too. I have sampled about 10, maybe more mineral makeup companies.

I have never heard of or used a liquid or cream foundation that ever stayed on any decent length of time. Mineral makeup was the best thing I could have ever started using.

I have tried tons of products based on their promise but I have never been able to talk myself into the mineral(powder) foundation simply because I have dry skin to start with and I want coverage, if I wanted to look like I was wearing no makeup I would wear no makeup, with the air brush you can look like you are not wearing makeup in five minutes (I could have looked like that in zero minutes) you can look flawless in about an hour(if you don't mess up and have to start over). While the mineral is tempting I once tried a cream to powder formula that once it turned into powder looked awful, I suppose that is why I am scared of the powder.

I need something that works with dry skin and also changes the color of your skin, as I mentioned, my face is lighter than my neck and chest so I need to blend the two together. If you think mineral makeup will work for that and not rub off I am all for it.

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have never heard of or used a liquid or cream foundation that ever stayed on any decent length of time. Mineral makeup was the best thing I could have ever started using. ditto. I have a really oily face though. I've had a workout with my mmu and its the only thing that still looks decent and it doesnt come off with my sweat (i pat a towel on my face as oppose to rubbing it)

Its the only foundation that also didn't run when i sweated.

Edit: It also might depend on your primer. I personally use Monistat anit chafing gel

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f11...mer-26214.html

I need non-transferable makeup too. If you don't want to pay a lot, Revlon Colorstay is ok. If you don't mind spending more $, Estee Lauder has Double Wear liquid foundation that's non-transferable. If you have oilier skin, then use Double Matte by Estee Lauder. I currently use the Double Matte (I have to mix 2 shades).

Also, type in phrases such as non-transfer makeup, non-tranferable foundation, & similar phrases in Google.

I have tried Estee Lauder's Double Wear Foundation before, and that stuff really doesn't budge and people can touch your face and it won't come off. Once, you set the foundation with powder, you won't have to worry about your makeup being rubbed off at all. As, it will stay on until you wash it off at night.

Originally Posted by Reservechic /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have tried Estee Lauder's Double Wear Foundation before, and that stuff really doesn't budge and people can touch your face and it won't come off. Once, you set the foundation with powder, you won't have to worry about your makeup being rubbed off at all. As, it will stay on until you wash it off at night.
OH Thank You, I will try the Estee Lauder. It just makes me so mad when I take the time to get my makeup just right and one swoop of the hand and there ya go.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif ditto. I have a really oily face though. I've had a workout with my mmu and its the only thing that still looks decent and it doesnt come off with my sweat (i pat a towel on my face as oppose to rubbing it)
Its the only foundation that also didn't run when i sweated.

Edit: It also might depend on your primer. I personally use Monistat anit chafing gel

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f11...mer-26214.html

iagree.gif
, except I have dry skin. Primer and mineral makeup have really done wonders for it.

I can promise you that Maybelline 16 hr Silky Stay will not rub off. I use it when I know it's going to be hot and I'll be sweating. The only thing I have to mention is that I 'do not' use the white part of the foundation. The reason for this is because it lasts much longer without it for some odd reason. I love this product and recommend it to anyone who's looking for a foundation that lasts. Oh but someone did mention that they didn't have a wide variety of colors and unfortunately I do have to agree with them. Otherwise, give it a shot and hopefully it works for you :-D Good Luck!

I will advise you to use Rimmel (Lasting Finish Kiss & Stay Lip) Gloss for your lips it tends not to rub off and it stays on for hours. For your eyeliner use primer, it makes the colour pop and makes it stay longer. Alot of people I know tend to use hair spray once they have finished applying their makeup. I haven't used hair spray on my face before ....

The best kept secret is a foundation called No. 7 by Boots.  It is sold at Target and it is a light cream or you can get the liquid.  Great coverage, although you have to play around with the color that is right for you.  I get the New Ivory and it seemed a little yellow when you are putting it on, but it adjusts to your skin tone.  It does not come off on your phone or clothing.

are you talking about foundation or all makeup in general, because i find that my foundation stays all day (even with my bf touching my face all the time, what is it with those men?) but my blush/bronzer ALWAYS is the first to go when the messes with my face, and i still don't know how to prevent it (i'm about to cave for the expensive UD setting spray)

I tend to shy away from mineral makeup since I have drive skin and feel that liquid foundation/tinted moisturizer gives a better "glow." I've found that applying a translucent powder after I'm done with my makeup helps keep everything in place without drying out my skin. It also helps combat the summer heat and the melting effect that can happen. For eyes, I try to use cream eyeshadows as much as possible since they tend to have more staying power.

(deleted link per [SIZE=medium]Terms of Service[/SIZE])

Latest posts

Back