Welcome to the new and improved MakeupTalk! Please see our announcement here!

Sponsors

Photo

Old Christmas/Birthday cards..what do you do with them?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Bec688

Bec688

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:03 AM

As the title says, what do you do with old birthday/christmas cards?

Do you throw them out, keep them? Keep the for awhile and then toss them?

I'm asking because I have gone into a cleaning frenzy and just found a stack of old cards from last year and I dunno what quite to do with them.

So I thought it would be interesting to see what you guys do with yours once your birthday and christmas has passed.

#2 makeupwhore54

makeupwhore54

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:55 AM

We keep them. Christmas cards are in storage and I hang up my birthday cards.

#3 pinksugar

pinksugar

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:12 AM

we keep ours for a while.. mum then goes through the stash and makes them into gift tags by cutting out the pictures on the front (making sure they're plain on the back!)

#4 monniej

monniej

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:50 AM

i keep christmas cards for one year so i know who to send cards to next year. i keep my birthday, mother's day and thinking of you cards in a giant hat box, along with my other keepsakes. i just can't bare to part with them.

#5 dixiewolf

dixiewolf

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:54 AM

If it is a special card, like the giver wrote something nice in it instead of just signing a name or the card is really cute, I save it. Others I display and save awhile then throw out. I just cant save everything.

#6 bella1342

bella1342

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:07 AM

Originally I kept EVERY card I ever received from anyone, but now I only keep certain ones. I keep all cards my parents, bf and kids give to me from every holiday. I also kept a few that my grandmother and grandfather gave to me for holidays before they died.

Oh, I also kept my baby shower/christening cards, because there's so many well-wishes in them... I want my kids to read them some day.

#7 Anthea

Anthea

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:19 AM

Sorry to be boring but mine just go in the recycle bin after one year once I know who sent me theirs from last year.

#8 Duchess Ravenwaves

Duchess Ravenwaves

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:19 AM

I've kept all my birthday cards since I was 11. A lot of them are so pretty, that I can't get myself to throw them away.

#9 -Chelsey-

-Chelsey-

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:26 AM

I just throw them away about a month or so after I get them. The only ones I do keep are ones that have something written inside that someone wrote to me personally. And of course I keep all the cute cards my bf gives me too.

#10 internetchick

internetchick

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:29 AM

I only keep a few meaningful ones.

#11 nlsphillips

nlsphillips

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:01 PM

You can send the fronts of old Christmas Cards to St. Jude's Ranch for children. They are accepting donations again. They have a program that helps kids in need. St. Jude's Ranch of Children - Recycled Card Program

#12 Sarah84

Sarah84

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:12 PM

I have every xmas & birthday card in a box from my mum & sister, ill never throw those out and will continue to save them in the future. I also keep all birthday & xmas cards from my boyfriend & 2 best friends all the rest i get from other people just get chucked away.

#13 WhitneyF

WhitneyF

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by pinksugar View Post
we keep ours for a while.. mum then goes through the stash and makes them into gift tags by cutting out the pictures on the front (making sure they're plain on the back!)
That's what we do too.
It's a Michael Phelps world.. we just live in it.

#14 Charlene

Charlene

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:24 PM

I keep a few... most them I toss in the recycle bin.

#15 emmy2410

emmy2410

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:25 PM

Ohh my I keep my birthday cards/christmas cards since like when I was school days, that was like 20yrs of stuff. I keep them in a box..just too hard to part them. Mayb I shld do some spring cleaning and keep the good ones and throw the rest.

Emma

#16 daer0n

daer0n

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:42 PM

I throw them away, i don't like keeping stuff just because someone gave them to me, i keep them for some time then after a year or so i throw them out, after all i think the intention is what counts. They eventually turn into clutter and i hate clutter, i throw everything that isn't useful away.

#17 S. Lisa Smith

S. Lisa Smith

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:17 PM

Recycle them...No, we don't send them to our friends again, we put them into the paper recycling.

#18 xtiffanyx

xtiffanyx

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:27 PM

I keep mine for awhile, then they get tossed out or lost.

#19 emily_3383

emily_3383

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:39 PM

I also throw them out. I agree that it creates clutter so i toss them.

#20 CellyCell

CellyCell

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:04 AM

I keep all given to me in a huge envelope. Doesn't take much space, anyways. So I figured. They all have nice sentiments to them too.

And Christmas cards - my mom ask for my favorite ones and we put them on display during the holidays. All our families do that.

Beauty Blog: Makeup By Celly
Online Makeup Portfolio: Makeup By Celia

Wet N' Wild Beauty Ambassador: May 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users