Old Christmas/Birthday cards..what do you do with them?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As the title says, what do you do with old birthday/christmas cards?

Do you throw them out, keep them? Keep the for awhile and then toss them?

I'm asking because I have gone into a cleaning frenzy and just found a stack of old cards from last year and I dunno what quite to do with them.

So I thought it would be interesting to see what you guys do with yours once your birthday and christmas has passed.

we keep ours for a while.. mum then goes through the stash and makes them into gift tags by cutting out the pictures on the front (making sure they're plain on the back!)

i keep christmas cards for one year so i know who to send cards to next year. i keep my birthday, mother's day and thinking of you cards in a giant hat box, along with my other keepsakes. i just can't bare to part with them.

If it is a special card, like the giver wrote something nice in it instead of just signing a name or the card is really cute, I save it. Others I display and save awhile then throw out. I just cant save everything.

Originally I kept EVERY card I ever received from anyone, but now I only keep certain ones. I keep all cards my parents, bf and kids give to me from every holiday. I also kept a few that my grandmother and grandfather gave to me for holidays before they died.

Oh, I also kept my baby shower/christening cards, because there's so many well-wishes in them... I want my kids to read them some day.

Sorry to be boring but mine just go in the recycle bin after one year once I know who sent me theirs from last year.

I've kept all my birthday cards since I was 11. A lot of them are so pretty, that I can't get myself to throw them away.

I just throw them away about a month or so after I get them. The only ones I do keep are ones that have something written inside that someone wrote to me personally. And of course I keep all the cute cards my bf gives me too.

I have every xmas & birthday card in a box from my mum & sister, ill never throw those out and will continue to save them in the future. I also keep all birthday & xmas cards from my boyfriend & 2 best friends all the rest i get from other people just get chucked away.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif we keep ours for a while.. mum then goes through the stash and makes them into gift tags by cutting out the pictures on the front (making sure they're plain on the back!) That's what we do too.

Ohh my I keep my birthday cards/christmas cards since like when I was school days, that was like 20yrs of stuff. I keep them in a box..just too hard to part them. Mayb I shld do some spring cleaning and keep the good ones and throw the rest.

Emma

I throw them away, i don't like keeping stuff just because someone gave them to me, i keep them for some time then after a year or so i throw them out, after all i think the intention is what counts. They eventually turn into clutter and i hate clutter, i throw everything that isn't useful away.

I keep all given to me in a huge envelope. Doesn't take much space, anyways. So I figured. They all have nice sentiments to them too.

And Christmas cards - my mom ask for my favorite ones and we put them on display during the holidays. All our families do that.

Latest posts

Back