-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

The Return of the MakeupTalk Product Review Center! read more...

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

How can I get a perfect bikini line? (not have any hair follicles show)

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 38 OFFLINE   CoverGirl

CoverGirl

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Joined 21-December 06
Reviews

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:00 PM

First of all I hate hair down there. I like being completely bare. I'm uncomfortable with getting waxed, & I know that I shouldn't do it myself. My issue is that since I have pale skin & dark hair, the hair follicles still show even after I shave. You girls that aren't hairy have no idea how lucky you are!

#Post 2 of 38 OFFLINE   monniej

monniej

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,760 posts
  • Joined 13-May 05
Reviews

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:46 AM

the only thing i know that can give that effect is waxing.

#Post 3 of 38 OFFLINE   4getmeNot

4getmeNot

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts
  • Joined 18-January 06
Reviews

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:02 AM

maybe baby powder or the stuff called magic powder ?
beauty is pain.

#Post 4 of 38 OFFLINE   shannonsilk

shannonsilk

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Joined 17-July 08
Reviews

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:07 PM

One very time consuming method is to tweeze them. Or at least the thickest and darkest ones. the finer, lighter ones might not show too bad after shaving then.

#Post 5 of 38 OFFLINE   Fataliya

Fataliya

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Joined 16-July 08
Reviews

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:03 AM

I know lots of women use Magic Shave, but I've not tried it yet. I can't stand the smell of it, and I'm afraid I'll accidentally get some in the meaty parts.

#Post 6 of 38 OFFLINE   cosmeticsaficionado

cosmeticsaficionado

Beauty Blogger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,855 posts
  • Joined 28-February 08
Reviews

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Fataliya View Post
I'm afraid I'll accidentally get some in the meaty parts.
That just made me laugh hysterically!

I epilate my bikini line.
Cosmetics Aficionado - BlogFacebookTwitterInstagram

#Post 7 of 38 OFFLINE   antoins

antoins

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 24-June 08
Reviews

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:35 AM

i have too hairy skin and i wax it on magic shave .
antoins

#Post 8 of 38 OFFLINE   pinksugar

pinksugar

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,832 posts
  • Joined 04-January 07
Reviews

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:45 AM

dear god, epilate them! OUCH!!! I get mine waxed occassionally in summer, or when I have a hot date... (so not in ages ) but yeah. I can't imagine getting that look you're after without either wax or permanent hair removal (lasering)

#Post 9 of 38 OFFLINE   Aniger86

Aniger86

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Joined 14-May 05
Reviews

Posted 16 August 2008 - 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by shannonsilk View Post
One very time consuming method is to tweeze them. Or at least the thickest and darkest ones. the finer, lighter ones might not show too bad after shaving then.
Agreed. That's what I do, I tweeze. Its very very time consuming, but I'm too chicken to get waxed down there so I just have to bare with tweezing. Tweezing/waxing is better than shaving because the hair follic is being removed /plucked off so you won't see the 'black dots' lining your skin.

#Post 10 of 38 OFFLINE   Candy

Candy

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 16-August 08
Reviews

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:36 AM

You can put a mask after waxing like some drops of lemon juice with a little of olive oil. it's very good also you can add some corn flour to it. it will benifits you so much it will lighten your skin by regullar use & it will make it soft and refreshed

#Post 11 of 38 OFFLINE   Andi

Andi

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,099 posts
  • Joined 08-March 05
Reviews

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Aniger86 View Post
Agreed. That's what I do, I tweeze. Its very very time consuming, but I'm too chicken to get waxed down there so I just have to bare with tweezing. Tweezing/waxing is better than shaving because the hair follic is being removed /plucked off so you won't see the 'black dots' lining your skin.
I also just started tweezing after a friend recommended it. I did get a full on brazilian wax once, but it was the worst pain I ever had to endure in my entire life...so I´m probably never gonna go through that again. Epilating is out of the question as well.
So when you tweeze you can take your time, and just continue the next day if the pain gets too bad. But really, it´s not that bad cause you just pluck one hair at a time. I´ve started doing this like a month ago, and I already noticed the hair grows back thinner-so I´m definitely keeping it up

#Post 12 of 38 OFFLINE   Dreama

Dreama

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Joined 05-August 07
Reviews

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:41 AM

I never thought tweezing would work for that - plucking one hair at a time. I'll have to give it a try. I would've suggested waxing, but I know how uncomfortable that can be.

#Post 13 of 38 OFFLINE   SweetLikeSin

SweetLikeSin

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Joined 13-August 08
Reviews

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by CoverGirl View Post
First of all I hate hair down there. I like being completely bare. I'm uncomfortable with getting waxed, & I know that I shouldn't do it myself. My issue is that since I have pale skin & dark hair, the hair follicles still show even after I shave. You girls that aren't hairy have no idea how lucky you are!
I have the same problem. My skin is very pale but my hair is very dark. I normally shave down there and I doubt I'd ever get waxed. The horror stories of waxing...oh god... =x

I suppose I'll have to get some sort of hair removal cream?

Any suggestions ladies? Something not too expensive that I could find at a CVS or Wal*Mart?

#Post 14 of 38 OFFLINE   Killah Kitty

Killah Kitty

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts
  • Joined 29-December 05
Reviews

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:29 AM

Wow I did not know tweezing was an option. I tweezed a few hairs out of my leg one time when I had missed a spot and was going to the beach, but it hurt really bad.

One day Ill gather the courage to get a brazilian wax. Until then I shave, my BF doesn't really care as long as its smooth

I dont know if Id use a hair removal cream on those parts because the skin is really sensitive and I know a lot of girls have gotten their legs burned from creams like Nair and Veet, and thats just their legs!

#Post 15 of 38 OFFLINE   Bec688

Bec688

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • Joined 04-July 06
Reviews

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:37 AM

lol you girls make me laugh! Waxing isn't THAT bad, and its the most effective way to get a clean bikini line, sure you can tweeze, but that takes a lonnnnnnnnnng time!

#Post 16 of 38 OFFLINE   pinksugar

pinksugar

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,832 posts
  • Joined 04-January 07
Reviews

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:24 AM

I don't think it's all that painful... I mean, it's more painful the first time. After that you get used to it.

#Post 17 of 38 OFFLINE   KatJ

KatJ

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • Joined 30-December 06
Reviews

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:25 AM

I'm also super pale with black 'down-there hair'. I'm actually getting ready to wax because I hate shaving. Plus, I end up with hair bumps, and it's impossible to shave everyday because of the many nicks. If you're just looking to clean up the line, I would definitely tweeze.

#Post 18 of 38 OFFLINE   kaylen

kaylen

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined 30-August 08
Reviews

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:12 PM

I tweeze but I found that can be a bad idea because I end up getting some ingrown hairs that I can't remove and then it looks worse.. does anyone know how to fix the ingrown hair problem?

#Post 19 of 38 OFFLINE   umraon

umraon

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Joined 30-June 08
Reviews

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:17 PM

i wax but it isn't that effective. i still can see the follicles. I have the same problem in the armpits. it's still dark even when I wax it.

#Post 20 of 38 OFFLINE   kaylen

kaylen

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined 30-August 08
Reviews

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:21 PM

Same with me umraon. The follicles never go away, it sucks. The answer might just be either getting laser hair removal, or wearing those skirt thingies over your bikini and then you don't have to worry about it. (Then its kind of obvious though)