How can I get a perfect bikini line? (not have any hair follicles show)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First of all I hate hair down there. I like being completely bare. I'm uncomfortable with getting waxed, & I know that I shouldn't do it myself. My issue is that since I have pale skin & dark hair, the hair follicles still show even after I shave. You girls that aren't hairy have no idea how lucky you are!

One very time consuming method is to tweeze them. Or at least the thickest and darkest ones. the finer, lighter ones might not show too bad after shaving then.

I know lots of women use Magic Shave, but I've not tried it yet. I can't stand the smell of it, and I'm afraid I'll accidentally get some in the meaty parts.

Originally Posted by Fataliya /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm afraid I'll accidentally get some in the meaty parts. That just made me laugh hysterically!
biggrin.gif

I epilate my bikini line.

dear god, epilate them! OUCH!!! I get mine waxed occassionally in summer, or when I have a hot date... (so not in ages
plain.gif
) but yeah. I can't imagine getting that look you're after without either wax or permanent hair removal (lasering)

Originally Posted by shannonsilk /img/forum/go_quote.gif One very time consuming method is to tweeze them. Or at least the thickest and darkest ones. the finer, lighter ones might not show too bad after shaving then. Agreed. That's what I do, I tweeze. Its very very time consuming, but I'm too chicken to get waxed down there so I just have to bare with tweezing. Tweezing/waxing is better than shaving because the hair follic is being removed /plucked off so you won't see the 'black dots' lining your skin.

You can put a mask after waxing like some drops of lemon juice with a little of olive oil. it's very good also you can add some corn flour to it. it will benifits you so much it will lighten your skin by regullar use & it will make it soft and refreshed

Originally Posted by Aniger86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Agreed. That's what I do, I tweeze. Its very very time consuming, but I'm too chicken to get waxed down there so I just have to bare with tweezing. Tweezing/waxing is better than shaving because the hair follic is being removed /plucked off so you won't see the 'black dots' lining your skin. I also just started tweezing after a friend recommended it. I did get a full on brazilian wax once, but it was the worst pain I ever had to endure in my entire life...so I´m probably never gonna go through that again. Epilating is out of the question as well.So when you tweeze you can take your time, and just continue the next day if the pain gets too bad. But really, it´s not that bad cause you just pluck one hair at a time. I´ve started doing this like a month ago, and I already noticed the hair grows back thinner-so I´m definitely keeping it up

I never thought tweezing would work for that - plucking one hair at a time.
eek.gif
I'll have to give it a try. I would've suggested waxing, but I know how uncomfortable that can be.

Originally Posted by CoverGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif First of all I hate hair down there. I like being completely bare. I'm uncomfortable with getting waxed, & I know that I shouldn't do it myself. My issue is that since I have pale skin & dark hair, the hair follicles still show even after I shave. You girls that aren't hairy have no idea how lucky you are! I have the same problem. My skin is very pale but my hair is very dark. I normally shave down there and I doubt I'd ever get waxed. The horror stories of waxing...oh god... =x
I suppose I'll have to get some sort of hair removal cream?

Any suggestions ladies? Something not too expensive that I could find at a CVS or Wal*Mart?

Wow I did not know tweezing was an option. I tweezed a few hairs out of my leg one time when I had missed a spot and was going to the beach, but it hurt really bad.

One day Ill gather the courage to get a brazilian wax. Until then I shave, my BF doesn't really care as long as its smooth
smile.gif

I dont know if Id use a hair removal cream on those parts because the skin is really sensitive and I know a lot of girls have gotten their legs burned from creams like Nair and Veet, and thats just their legs!

lol you girls make me laugh! Waxing isn't THAT bad, and its the most effective way to get a clean bikini line, sure you can tweeze, but that takes a lonnnnnnnnnng time!

I don't think it's all that painful... I mean, it's more painful the first time. After that you get used to it.

I'm also super pale with black 'down-there hair'. I'm actually getting ready to wax because I hate shaving. Plus, I end up with hair bumps, and it's impossible to shave everyday because of the many nicks. If you're just looking to clean up the line, I would definitely tweeze.

I tweeze but I found that can be a bad idea because I end up getting some ingrown hairs that I can't remove and then it looks worse.. does anyone know how to fix the ingrown hair problem?

i wax but it isn't that effective. i still can see the follicles. I have the same problem in the armpits. it's still dark even when I wax it.

Same with me umraon. The follicles never go away, it sucks. The answer might just be either getting laser hair removal, or wearing those skirt thingies over your bikini and then you don't have to worry about it. (Then its kind of obvious though)

Latest posts

Back