-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Boots for short legs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 5 OFFLINE   macupjunkie

macupjunkie

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Joined 25-February 07
Reviews

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:12 PM

So I was trying to research the right types of boots for short legs that will elongate the look. And I'm not getting much, mainly knee high boots and pointed toe and obviously heels but I can't really find enough info to confirm this. This is the most useful site I've found and I was wondering what tips you lovely ladies (and gents) can give

Found! Sexy boots that will flatter your legs | Shape | Find Articles at BNET

#Post 2 of 5 OFFLINE   pinksugar

pinksugar

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,832 posts
  • Joined 04-January 07
Reviews

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:39 AM

hmm, for short legs I would recommend slouchy boots or maybe those short 'ankle' boots like this:

That's the kind of height I imagined but I've seen (and own) nicer ones... couldn't find any images though!

#Post 3 of 5 OFFLINE   macupjunkie

macupjunkie

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Joined 25-February 07
Reviews

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:45 AM

Ya, I thought mid calf or ankle boots would be good for short legs because it will let more leg show where knee high boots covers up half of the legs. BUt then I found all these sites saying no ankle boots for short legs, so I'm confused.

#Post 4 of 5 OFFLINE   StereoXGirl

StereoXGirl

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,495 posts
  • Joined 09-August 06
Reviews

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by macupjunkie View Post
Ya, I thought mid calf or ankle boots would be good for short legs because it will let more leg show where knee high boots covers up half of the legs. BUt then I found all these sites saying no ankle boots for short legs, so I'm confused.
That's because ankle boots cut into the line of the leg, making it look shorter. If you really want ankle boots, it'll help if they're the same color as the tights or pants you're wearing. It won't be so obvious that it's cutting the line of the leg.

Pointed toe boots and fitted boots (and also heels) are great options as they will all help make you look longer and leaner and enhance the shape of your legs.

I'm 5'0" and prefer knee high boots myself.

#Post 5 of 5 OFFLINE   kcam125

kcam125

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Joined 12-May 08
Reviews

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:17 AM

thanks for the link! i'm a shortie and i have a hard time finding boots..
hello my name is.....KRISTINE

please visit my blogspot for daily pictures, blogs, make up looks and everything in between.
http://www.allthegirlssay.tumblr.com
CHECK OUT MY FOOD BLOG!http://www.mmmmmfood.tumblr.com