-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

The Return of the MakeupTalk Product Review Center! read more...

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Making a big nose look smaller ?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 17 OFFLINE   redcat

redcat

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 18-February 08
Reviews

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:29 PM

I have this horrible nose and was hoping for tips for making
a big nose look smaller. I've used a darker powder on the sides
and that helps a little.

Anyone know of any good plastic surgery forums that I
can research rhinoplasty? I think that is what I really need
to do but I can't find any forums where I can talk to real
people like here at MUT.

#Post 2 of 17 OFFLINE   Aquilah

Aquilah

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts
  • Joined 22-February 06
Reviews

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:51 PM

Here are some links that might help:

http://www.makeuptal....t=nose smaller

http://www.makeuptal....ing-69184.html
"This is life not heaven, you don't have to be perfect."

#Post 3 of 17 OFFLINE   Ashley

Ashley

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Joined 13-February 07
Reviews

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:54 PM

Eve Pearl has a book called Plastic Surgery Without the Plastic Surgery and she shows oyu how to contour in it.

There's a tiny portion on contouring noses here:

you can try this video too:

#Post 4 of 17 OFFLINE   cosmeticsaficionado

cosmeticsaficionado

Beauty Blogger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,855 posts
  • Joined 28-February 08
Reviews

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:02 PM

Big noses always look weird when you try to make them small with surgery. If you can't get the look you want with makeup, perhaps it would be better to embrace your nose.

And I say that as a fellow big nosed woman.
Cosmetics Aficionado - BlogFacebookTwitterInstagram

#Post 5 of 17 OFFLINE   Killah Kitty

Killah Kitty

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts
  • Joined 29-December 05
Reviews

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:54 PM

I, too, seem to have a big nose. I don't like pictures if my face isn't slanted a little, for example, because it seems my nose sticks out. But all in all, I embrace it, because at least its straight and nicely shaped, just a little big because of my European background I believe, and it suits me...

It may not be as nice as some other girls noses, but I believe embracing it and maybe using a little bit of makeup is the best and not to mention cheapest way of loving your nose the way it is.

#Post 6 of 17 OFFLINE   x33cupcake

x33cupcake

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  • Joined 23-February 08
Reviews

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:21 AM

you could try contouring your nose...

#Post 7 of 17 OFFLINE   vesna

vesna

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Reviews

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:38 AM

If you really feel that you want to have plastic surgery then you can google search some good forums but I wouldn't advise you to do anything that dramatic. I read somewhere that 20% of people who have rhinoplasty end up having revision surgery because there were problems caused by the first operation. Many others have multiple surgeries because they never quite achieve the look that they want.
I used to consider having rhinoplasty very seriously and I convinced myself that I needed to have it done but with a little contouring of my nose I feel now that all those thoughts of surgery were ridiculous and I've realised that even without makeup there are no real problems with my nose.
When contouring, you have to take a good look at your nose and identify the areas which require highlight and those which require shade. Try to only shade on the lower part of the nose, not too much further up or if you do keep it light because contouring on the bridge looks odd or at least that is what I have found from past experience. I find also that running a highlight down the middle of the nose gives the illusion that it is more narrow. I use YSL Touche Eclat to do this but you could use a light coloured e/s or any other face highlighter as long as it isn't too shimmery or it'll look obvious.
If your nose is bent or crooked that you'll want to highlight the side of the nose which bends in the way and shadow the side that sticks out.
Hope this made sense and I wasn't just rambling pointlessly.

#Post 8 of 17 OFFLINE   StereoXGirl

StereoXGirl

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,495 posts
  • Joined 09-August 06
Reviews

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:55 AM

I don't have a big nose, but it's kind of wide and not well defined. I used to tell my dad all the time that as soon as I turned 18, I was gonna get a nose job. But I've been contouring the sides and the tip of my nose for years, and I'm actually happy with it now.

I would definitely try perfecting your contouring and really give it a chance before getting surgery as surgery is drastic and permanent and has the potential to go very wrong! I wish you the best!

#Post 9 of 17 OFFLINE   laurafaye

laurafaye

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts
  • Joined 10-June 08
Reviews

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:10 AM

I have a big nose too, it's thin but the bump on it is quite big, I still don't know how to make it look smaller Sorry that I'm no help.

#Post 10 of 17 OFFLINE   abaddon248

abaddon248

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 22-September 06
Reviews

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:32 AM

I know how you feel about not liking your nose to the point of plastic surgery but i finally embraced it and now that im into make up have learned to contour and it really works and you will be surpised on how content you will be
Just Call Me Kris

#Post 11 of 17 OFFLINE   Adrienne

Adrienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,690 posts
  • Joined 25-September 07
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Killah Kitty View Post
I, too, seem to have a big nose. I don't like pictures if my face isn't slanted a little, for example, because it seems my nose sticks out. But all in all, I embrace it, because at least its straight and nicely shaped, just a little big because of my European background I believe, and it suits me...

It may not be as nice as some other girls noses, but I believe embracing it and maybe using a little bit of makeup is the best and not to mention cheapest way of loving your nose the way it is.

"Every saint has a past; every sinner has a future."

"Maybe you should eat makeup so you can try and be pretty on the inside, b*tch."

#Post 12 of 17 OFFLINE   b3rly

b3rly

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Joined 06-July 08
Reviews

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:04 PM

thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
Eve Pearl has a book called Plastic Surgery Without the Plastic Surgery and she shows oyu how to contour in it.

There's a tiny portion on contouring noses here:
kHfYSihQiV8

you can try this video too:
1ZIaQrO8_Z0

#Post 13 of 17 OFFLINE   Brigitte031

Brigitte031

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 07-January 09
Reviews

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:21 AM

What brushes do you use personally for nose contouring?

#Post 14 of 17 OFFLINE   kabuki_killer

kabuki_killer

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Joined 27-November 08
Reviews

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:06 AM

I would also recommend highlighting the middle and ridge of your nose if you have an "asian" broad and flat nose. It helps a little, but it definitley makes a visual difference. Maybe use a very light eyeshadow for this, a lighter shade of foundation or a highlighter. Any would work.

As for noses, I think every part of someone is beautiful and make up should let you enhance your individual beauty. I'm very much against plastic surgery unless you really need it in case of a traumatic event that's left you with horrible scars/burns/etc. Some people still get it, but make sure you think about it carefully and don't act based on emotion. Even if you've wanted it for a long time, that could still be based on being emotional over it for a long time. Often once you get the surgery, you'll want another and then another. So think about if you really need it.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do because it is ultimately your choice, but I think people should really think about it before they go and open themselves up and have something cut out or put in when it's not necessary. Also, remember that all surgery leaves scars.

#Post 15 of 17 OFFLINE   nursie

nursie

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Joined 01-February 07
Reviews

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:00 PM

my nose isnt big, but it has that crooked little bump on it which i hate. contouring the sides with darker powder can help a wide nose if that is your nose shape. contouring doesnt do anything for my particular nose shape, but what does help is the way i wear my hair. side swept bangs really helps draw attention away from my nose rather than highlight it. if i part my hair in the middle it really seems to draw more attention to my nose.
also making my eyes the focus of my makeup with bolder eye color seems to help.

while i agree that it is respectable to embrace what you were born with, ive also known plenty of people that are SO happy after having plastic surgery for whatever reason. for myself i feel like im too old now to worry about fixing my nose, and its really no big deal to me now, but i wish i had done it when i was 18 !
~if you dont have something nice to say, then come sit by me!~

#Post 16 of 17 OFFLINE   MariaCosta

MariaCosta

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 24-January 14
Reviews

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

use a nose right tool definitely which make your nose smaller permanently. 

#Post 17 of 17 OFFLINE   mikaelad

mikaelad

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 25-November 13
Reviews

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

Hope that helps!