POLL: Do you use a makeup remover AND a cleanser?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Most days I just use Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser to take off my makeup/cleanse my face. But when I have a full face of makeup on, I use Clinique's TTDO balm, followed by the Cetaphil. Or I cheat totally and use Ponds or Olay wipes.
smile.gif

I was just curious if other people found it necessary to use both products, or if one is enough.

TIA!!

I use a makeup remover and then I use a cleansing facial scrub. I wear quite a bit of makeup though so I like to make sure I get everything off.

Sometimes I'll use make up wipes before cleansing my face, can be easier if you have a full face on, but I ALWAYS cleanse afterwoods. So both for me.

Make up remover just removes make up, it doesn't clean your skin or get rid of all the built up grime you have picked up through out the day.

I do both. After removing my makeup I have to wash my face because the makeup remover dries out my face.

Both.

I use my makeup remover to remove my eye makeup, which gets rid of all my eye make up (I only really wear makeup on my eyes). And then cleanse my face with my gentle cleanser to remove any dirt or residues on my face.

I'm trying to get in the habit of using a cleansing oil (Shu Uemura Fresh) and a regular, gentle cleanser afterwards. I usually just use my cleansing oil, but I've found that I can get every trace of makeup off when I follow up with a gentle cleanser afterwards. It's been much better for my skin. Now if I could only get over the "being lazy" part, I'd be all set and cleanse thoroughly every night!
smile.gif

I used to only use a foaming cleanser, but could never get all my eye makeup off. Thank goodness for cleansing oils!

ETA: I wish I could get away with just using makeup wipes, but they break me out terribly if I don't follow up with some other cleanser. My skin is finicky.

i don't like makeup wipes, i always have the impression my skin's not entirely clean.

i use my makeup remover from Kosé (oil), it does well its job. the only times i will use a cleanser afterwards is if i take a late night shower, which only happens after i've been practising some sport.

I use an eye makeup remover and then a cleanser. I don't use a face makeup remover because my face cleanser does a good job.

i don't use a remover unless i do something drastic with my makeup, like a dark, smoky eye. mostly i just use my cleanser and it works fine.

Both at night to get off my eye MU. In the AM and on weekends (since I don't wear MU then), just cleanser.

I use both. I use gel liners and waterproof mascara and with udpp, i find it hard to remove all my eye makeup without a remover. Plus, since i use baby oil to take everything off, i need to wash my face. Plus, if i don't, my blush will clog my pores and make me break out.

i use both.

i use either a face scrub (when i need to use it anyways) or i use the cleansing clothes or if its just eye mu, baby oil.

then i wash my face off with cleanser.

I use baby oil as a makeup remover and then i use regular soap to wash it off, then i use clean and clear cleanser, either that or a homemade cleanser.

I use both, mostly just a cleanser, but if it's hardcore heavy makeup I'll use a makeup remover to get rid of any residue

Back