MAC gone but not forgotten

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
how exactly does this work? today i finally decided to call and try to get them to search for the 180 brush that i've been searching for! she got a hold of my credit card but didn't explain to me what would happen next... so i am kind of confused

kopfkratz.gif

This is the information on the MAC website:

Gone But Not Forgotten

For assistance with locating a M·A·C product that has been discontinued, please contact our Corporate Headquarters via telephone at 1-800-216-7173 between 9am and 5pm EST, Monday through Friday and ask to speak with a Gone But Not Forgotten Representative.

Please note that a search may only be initiated for products within M·A·C's basic product line. We regret that we are unable to conduct searches for seasonal, limited edition, or promotional products.

If we are able to locate the product you have requested, you may purchase up to 6 units (depending upon availability). Gone But Not Forgotten items are available for shipment to locations within the U.S. To initiate a search for a discontinued product, please call us at 1-800- 216-7173 between 9am and 5pm EST, Monday through Friday.

I think there was a thread on this a long time ago...I'll see if I can find it for you.
smile.gif

ETA: Sorry, I couldn't find the thread I was thinking of.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by x33cupcake /img/forum/go_quote.gif how exactly does this work? today i finally decided to call and try to get them to search for the 180 brush that i've been searching for! she got a hold of my credit card but didn't explain to me what would happen next... so i am kind of confused
kopfkratz.gif

I never used gone but not forgotten... so she just took your credit card number and that was it? So she didn't say if she located one yet? If that's the case I'm guessing maybe they call their stores, and the first one she finds that has the brush... she'll give them your cc number and have them ship it out to you.

Yeah, I think they'll contact you if they do find it. They do charge for shipping though.

i think i heard her tell me "okay we have located two of those" when i told her i wanted the 180. but i am not certain, my reception wasn't so good... soon after that she asked me for my shipping address, billing info, and if i wanted to be contacted either by email or regular mail if they did. i asked her how long it'll take for a search and she said "4 weeks". it sorta leaves me stumped and i didn't feel like calling again to ask because i waiting for a representative for 30 minutes =/

They call stores and find out who has it and then they send it out to your house. There will be a charge for that but it'll be there when they finally get it in. Instead of the brush coming from a warehouse it's coming from another store's stock.

Originally Posted by SimplyElegant /img/forum/go_quote.gif They call stores and find out who has it and then they send it out to your house. There will be a charge for that but it'll be there when they finally get it in. Instead of the brush coming from a warehouse it's coming from another store's stock. Which also explains the slow shipping.

hello i just placed an order for 2 paint pots so basically they have 2 to 4 weeks to try and find your item if they find it they charge your card and if they cant find your item then they email you or send you a letter letting you know whats going on but if they dont find your item they dont charge your card hope that help.

Back