Pirate Themed Costume Ideas?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm going to a pirate themed birthday party next month! woohoo!

I was hoping you ladies might have some inspiration for good outfits? I think guys are a lot easier than girls, but I want to look awesome!

and makeup ideas?

Ooh Pirate themed party!! Can I come? haha
biggrin.gif

I love pirates!

You could go for an old worn out looking pair of jeans tucked into boots, a big belt, white shirt with the sleeves folded up and then wear a bandana on your head and big hoopy earrings. Old looking costume jewelry would look really good with it too.

*sigh* I so want to be a pirate
tongue.gif

Hope I helped!
smile.gif

Here are a few ideas Rosie:

CS281.jpg
60696-main.jpg
UA83167.jpg

Keep us updated and don't forget to take pics
smile.gif

well this is bound to be popular

JackSparrowCostumeTop.gif

but can i assume you will be a female version of a pirate. You're not going to crossdress are you? (oh my!)

If you don't have a full-on costume, you could wear a shirt-dress/dress or a flowy blouse with skinny jeans and add a vest and a pair of slouch boots. And maybe try a hat to finish the look?

41JC6gSpM1L._AA262_.jpg

51177922-01.jpg

6219-731848-d.jpg

oooh thanks ladies! I'll have to check all the links... lol I love the way jack sparrow looks, I'm guessing some of the guys will dress like that!

I dressed as a pirate for my friend's HW party a few years ago...I wore a flowy and poofy white blouse with a black tank-top over it, a bunch of gold and beaded necklaces, hoop earrings, a red bandana in my hair, and jeans with boots. It's low-key, but everyone got the idea.

As for makeup I'd do heavy-ish black eyeliner and maybe red lips? Don't really know, pirates don't exactly wear makeup. Unless they're Jack Sparrow.

i would go for a tomboy's look, lol. skinny pants, slouch boots, a big black belt, my little brother's plastic pistols (lol), my little brother's plastic sword, a white shirt with big sleeves (well, the shirt usually associated with pirate looks), a sleeveless vest or a corset on top. and a sort of messy hair, messy eyeliner.

and really bad eggs !! (lol)

lol! I will! the best part will be the speaking! yo ho ho and a bottle of rum me hearties!

i'd buy a really piratey shirt.. yknow one with ruffles or something and get it in like a mens size or a really huge one. and then put a belt over it maybe, add some rips or weather it a little and wear it over some black or brown leggings. and a hat/sword/super dark eyes/backcombed hair to complete it!!

Back