-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Anybody allergic to Bath&Body Works wash?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 6 OFFLINE   bluebird26

bluebird26

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,126 posts
  • Joined 27-August 05
Reviews

Posted 08 September 2005 - 12:47 AM

Two years ago I loved Bath and Body Works products, since I got these bumps I didnt know why, I decided to use Aveeno wash instead of B&B Works, the allergic reaction dissapeared. I wonder if anybody else here had some allergic reaction to that line...

#Post 2 of 6 OFFLINE   LindaA

LindaA

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Joined 21-February 04
Reviews

Posted 08 September 2005 - 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by bluebird26
Two years ago I loved Bath and Body Works products, since I got these bumps I didnt know why, I decided to use Aveeno wash instead of B&B Works, the allergic reaction dissapeared. I wonder if anybody else here had some allergic reaction to that line...
No, I can't say that I have. But B&BW as well as most other shower gel products are more detergent than soap. (PH level here.) It's important to rinse thoroughly to remove all traces of the product.

#Post 3 of 6 OFFLINE   annal

annal

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 08-July 05
Reviews

Posted 08 September 2005 - 06:08 AM

Me too, Ive been told that this can happen with any products though with time you body just develops an intolerance- not much you can do about it.
Originally Posted by bluebird26

#Post 4 of 6 OFFLINE   Reija

Reija

MuT Mom

• Administrators
  • 3,615 posts
  • Joined 27-September 03
Reviews

Posted 08 September 2005 - 01:04 PM

I haven't tried the washes but my skin got sensitive to the body lotions. I think because the scents are pretty strong and my skin is very sensitive.

MakeupTalk Admin

RedenJewelry - Handmade Modern Jewelry

#Post 5 of 6 OFFLINE   Colleen

Colleen

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 04-September 05
Reviews

Posted 09 September 2005 - 12:47 PM

BBW's products KILL me! I'm an aromatherapist and I can smell an artifical frangrance a mile away. I think they have been steadily increasing the level of additives in their products because I can't even walk on the same side of the mall a BBW store is on or I end up running for an epi-pen (okay, maybe not THAT bad, but I am itching jus think about it). My daughter never used to have a problem with BBW, but lately even she has said their products seem "heavier", and theydon't seem to soak sit on the skin as well. Mineral Oil overload perhaps?
Colleen Cheechalk - Clinical Aromatherapist
Arbonne Consultant 15360096
http://colleencheechalk.myarbonne.com

#Post 6 of 6 OFFLINE   blaquepooky

blaquepooky

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Joined 17-May 05
Reviews

Posted 14 September 2005 - 06:16 PM

I have that reaction with their lotions that aren't anitbacterial. My skin has built up a tolerance though because,in high school when I used their lotions, my skin felt like it was burning. Now I occasionally get bumps, which kind of sucks because I start working there tomorrow.Posted Image