-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Anybody allergic to Bath&Body Works wash?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 6 OFFLINE   bluebird26

bluebird26

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,126 posts
  • Joined 27-August 05
Reviews

Posted 08 September 2005 - 12:47 AM

Two years ago I loved Bath and Body Works products, since I got these bumps I didnt know why, I decided to use Aveeno wash instead of B&B Works, the allergic reaction dissapeared. I wonder if anybody else here had some allergic reaction to that line...

#Post 2 of 6 OFFLINE   LindaA

LindaA

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Joined 21-February 04
Reviews

Posted 08 September 2005 - 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by bluebird26
Two years ago I loved Bath and Body Works products, since I got these bumps I didnt know why, I decided to use Aveeno wash instead of B&B Works, the allergic reaction dissapeared. I wonder if anybody else here had some allergic reaction to that line...
No, I can't say that I have. But B&BW as well as most other shower gel products are more detergent than soap. (PH level here.) It's important to rinse thoroughly to remove all traces of the product.

#Post 3 of 6 OFFLINE   annal

annal

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 08-July 05
Reviews

Posted 08 September 2005 - 06:08 AM

Me too, Ive been told that this can happen with any products though with time you body just develops an intolerance- not much you can do about it.
Originally Posted by bluebird26

#Post 4 of 6 OFFLINE   Reija

Reija

MuT Mom

• Administrators
  • 3,593 posts
  • Joined 27-September 03
Reviews

Posted 08 September 2005 - 01:04 PM

I haven't tried the washes but my skin got sensitive to the body lotions. I think because the scents are pretty strong and my skin is very sensitive.

MakeupTalk Admin

RedenJewelry - Handmade Modern Jewelry

#Post 5 of 6 OFFLINE   Colleen

Colleen

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 04-September 05
Reviews

Posted 09 September 2005 - 12:47 PM

BBW's products KILL me! I'm an aromatherapist and I can smell an artifical frangrance a mile away. I think they have been steadily increasing the level of additives in their products because I can't even walk on the same side of the mall a BBW store is on or I end up running for an epi-pen (okay, maybe not THAT bad, but I am itching jus think about it). My daughter never used to have a problem with BBW, but lately even she has said their products seem "heavier", and theydon't seem to soak sit on the skin as well. Mineral Oil overload perhaps?
Colleen Cheechalk - Clinical Aromatherapist
Arbonne Consultant 15360096
http://colleencheechalk.myarbonne.com

#Post 6 of 6 OFFLINE   blaquepooky

blaquepooky

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Joined 17-May 05
Reviews

Posted 14 September 2005 - 06:16 PM

I have that reaction with their lotions that aren't anitbacterial. My skin has built up a tolerance though because,in high school when I used their lotions, my skin felt like it was burning. Now I occasionally get bumps, which kind of sucks because I start working there tomorrow.Posted Image