Peach fuzz on face...to shave or not to shave?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I use a magnifying mirror because I need reading glasses. I can see a LOT of very light peach fuzz on my face...all over...cheeks, forehead and so on. It shows up more with even light powder applied, so I've been shaving it with a thin layer of Noxema smoothed on my face. Does anyone else have this problem and do you shave it, leave it, or what? Thanks for the input.
flowers.gif

OMG... whatever you do.. DO NOT SHAVE the fine hair on your face, it's called velous hair. It's all over our bodies, we need it for warmth! If you want to get rid of it, try waxing, NOT shaving! I have a client who made the tragic mistake of shaving the "peach fuzz" off of her cheeks.. and she is paying for it now, it stimulated the hair, it started growing thicker and more course.. and now she get stubble like men do and has to get her face waxed tio control it.

Yeah I agree with Bec, DON'T shave it. The hair now will be like soft fluff. If you shave it it'll become spikey stubble and it'll be much thicker. Everyone has hair on their face but if it's bothering you you could try waxing or facial hair removal cream. Nair does a special facial one but I don't know how good it is.

I know that it comes out thicker and darker but i thought it was due to the fact that the hair prior to that had been bleached by the sun throughout the years and thinned as oppose to new hair which would be thicker and darker due to that reason? How can hair be stimulation to grow by just shaving?

I don't know but it seems like the myth of cutting your hair will make it grow faster. Isn't hair technically dead?

Hmm, concerning the face, i would rather think like Bec said it stimulates the hair. Waxing seems more like an option.

I agree with Bec, don't shave it! It probably isn't as noticeable as you think. If powder seems to stick to it, maybe you can spray your face with a finishing spray after powdering.

Shaving creates a blunt end on the hair making it APPEAR thicker.

Plus you have scratchy stubble. You are asking for way more trouble and maintenence by shaving.

Wax or Nair/Veet is your better option.

I remember reading somewhere that shaving does not change the color or thickness of the hair because that is already predetermined, it appears thicker like jinx said. You could try the sally hanson facial hair remover, it is very gentle.

You are right girls, shaving DOESN'T make your hair grow back thicker. However, when you start removing your velous hair, in some cases it will stimulate the hair and the hair can change from velous hair, to active hair. That's more what I am talking about.

OH NO....OMG from me too!! Thank you SO much for telling me that...I had NO idea. I will never shave my peach fuzz again! I will try the Sally Hanson Facial Hair Remover, the VEET or waxing....the hair removers first. Thank you very much for 'setting me straight' on this. All you girls here are the BEST!!
flowers.gif

Shaving doesnt make it grow back thick it just appears that way because its all growing back at once, but I agree DONT shave it, if you really dont like it get it waxed.

I think shaving it is not a good solution, might make them coarser like the girls suggested, probably try waxing or threading? Threading is said to be a very good solution if you want to remove hairs from the face. My mom has had it done before and likes the result.

Yeah!! From someone who has to shave every day!! It sucks!! I'd look into laser hair removal only if your hair is dark enough.. Light, red or grey hair doesn't work so well.. Or electrolsys... Either way its permenant.. Shaving just makes it worse and I've tried plucking and that's not a good long term option either..

Peach fuzz on face can be cured by Laser Hair Removal in Toronto it is far more better than shaving .

yea like everyone has said....shaving is not a good idea. lol and hair removal cream is ok but after awhile it seems to have the same affects as shaving and can irritate ur skin, from my experiance. for the face, depending how thick or dark it is, bleaching would be a really good option

If the peach fuzz is really light, I'd personally just leave it because it's not worth the hassle since it's not noticeable. If it really bothers you though, you could go get your whole face threaded. It'll hurt a little bit but the pain is really minimal and it definitely will not hurt as much as waxing (OUCH!). You could probably even thread the peach fuzz yourself...all you need is some thread. There are a lot of helpful videos on Youtube that can teach you how to do this. It's very easy but just be careful near your eyebrows and eyelashes!

yea I would take the shaving route...hair grows back blunt and it may cause ingrown hairs!! eek! I'd suggest using depilatories for sensitive skin?

What about just trimming the hair on the face with a pair of hair scissors.. Or would that have the same effects also?

I'd just leave it. Everyone has it and unless it's particularly long or particularly noticeable, I wouldnt bother about it
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back