-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Peach fuzz on face...to shave or not to shave?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 40 OFFLINE   godfreygirl

godfreygirl

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Joined 16-July 04
Reviews

Posted 02 September 2008 - 06:55 AM

I use a magnifying mirror because I need reading glasses. I can see a LOT of very light peach fuzz on my face...all over...cheeks, forehead and so on. It shows up more with even light powder applied, so I've been shaving it with a thin layer of Noxema smoothed on my face. Does anyone else have this problem and do you shave it, leave it, or what? Thanks for the input.
Shirley
67 y/o medium/olive skin - brown/black eyes: dark brown hair - normal skin w/oily T-zone

#Post 2 of 40 OFFLINE   Bec688

Bec688

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • Joined 04-July 06
Reviews

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:57 AM

OMG... whatever you do.. DO NOT SHAVE the fine hair on your face, it's called velous hair. It's all over our bodies, we need it for warmth! If you want to get rid of it, try waxing, NOT shaving! I have a client who made the tragic mistake of shaving the "peach fuzz" off of her cheeks.. and she is paying for it now, it stimulated the hair, it started growing thicker and more course.. and now she get stubble like men do and has to get her face waxed tio control it.

#Post 3 of 40 OFFLINE   magneticheart

magneticheart

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,463 posts
  • Joined 11-August 07
Reviews

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:44 AM

Yeah I agree with Bec, DON'T shave it. The hair now will be like soft fluff. If you shave it it'll become spikey stubble and it'll be much thicker. Everyone has hair on their face but if it's bothering you you could try waxing or facial hair removal cream. Nair does a special facial one but I don't know how good it is.
Katie

No girl should ever forget that she doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her.
My Myspace//My Photography

#Post 4 of 40 OFFLINE   Adrienne

Adrienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,691 posts
  • Joined 25-September 07
Reviews

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:08 AM

I know that it comes out thicker and darker but i thought it was due to the fact that the hair prior to that had been bleached by the sun throughout the years and thinned as oppose to new hair which would be thicker and darker due to that reason? How can hair be stimulation to grow by just shaving?

I don't know but it seems like the myth of cutting your hair will make it grow faster. Isn't hair technically dead?

"Every saint has a past; every sinner has a future."

"Maybe you should eat makeup so you can try and be pretty on the inside, b*tch."

#Post 5 of 40 OFFLINE   magosienne

magosienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,321 posts
  • Joined 02-May 06
Reviews

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:42 PM

Hmm, concerning the face, i would rather think like Bec said it stimulates the hair. Waxing seems more like an option.

#Post 6 of 40 OFFLINE   Ashley

Ashley

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Joined 13-February 07
Reviews

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:04 PM

I agree with Bec, don't shave it! It probably isn't as noticeable as you think. If powder seems to stick to it, maybe you can spray your face with a finishing spray after powdering.

#Post 7 of 40 OFFLINE   Jinx

Jinx

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  • Joined 16-February 06
Reviews

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:43 PM

Shaving creates a blunt end on the hair making it APPEAR thicker.
Plus you have scratchy stubble. You are asking for way more trouble and maintenence by shaving.
Wax or Nair/Veet is your better option.

#Post 8 of 40 OFFLINE   prettylynn

prettylynn

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Joined 30-January 08
Reviews

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:23 PM

I remember reading somewhere that shaving does not change the color or thickness of the hair because that is already predetermined, it appears thicker like jinx said. You could try the sally hanson facial hair remover, it is very gentle.

#Post 9 of 40 OFFLINE   Bec688

Bec688

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • Joined 04-July 06
Reviews

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:43 PM

You are right girls, shaving DOESN'T make your hair grow back thicker. However, when you start removing your velous hair, in some cases it will stimulate the hair and the hair can change from velous hair, to active hair. That's more what I am talking about.

#Post 10 of 40 OFFLINE   godfreygirl

godfreygirl

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Joined 16-July 04
Reviews

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:39 AM

OH NO....OMG from me too!! Thank you SO much for telling me that...I had NO idea. I will never shave my peach fuzz again! I will try the Sally Hanson Facial Hair Remover, the VEET or waxing....the hair removers first. Thank you very much for 'setting me straight' on this. All you girls here are the BEST!!
Shirley
67 y/o medium/olive skin - brown/black eyes: dark brown hair - normal skin w/oily T-zone

#Post 11 of 40 OFFLINE   Ali07

Ali07

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 12-August 08
Reviews

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:39 PM

Shaving doesnt make it grow back thick it just appears that way because its all growing back at once, but I agree DONT shave it, if you really dont like it get it waxed.

#Post 12 of 40 OFFLINE   Aniger86

Aniger86

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Joined 14-May 05
Reviews

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:48 AM

I think shaving it is not a good solution, might make them coarser like the girls suggested, probably try waxing or threading? Threading is said to be a very good solution if you want to remove hairs from the face. My mom has had it done before and likes the result.

#Post 13 of 40 OFFLINE   Karren

Karren

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,597 posts
  • Joined 01-June 07
Reviews

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:10 AM

Yeah!! From someone who has to shave every day!! It sucks!! I'd look into laser hair removal only if your hair is dark enough.. Light, red or grey hair doesn't work so well.. Or electrolsys... Either way its permenant.. Shaving just makes it worse and I've tried plucking and that's not a good long term option either..
Karren on Facebook
Photos
Proud member of the National Sarcasm Society... Like we need your support!!
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

#Post 14 of 40 OFFLINE   homongsteve

homongsteve

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 06-January 09
Reviews

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:41 AM

Peach fuzz on face can be cured by Laser Hair Removal in Toronto it is far more better than shaving .

#Post 15 of 40 OFFLINE   bC_0614

bC_0614

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 11-August 08
Reviews

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:41 PM

yea like everyone has said....shaving is not a good idea. lol and hair removal cream is ok but after awhile it seems to have the same affects as shaving and can irritate ur skin, from my experiance. for the face, depending how thick or dark it is, bleaching would be a really good option

#Post 16 of 40 OFFLINE   homongsteve

homongsteve

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 06-January 09
Reviews

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:55 AM

Thank you for the reply .

#Post 17 of 40 OFFLINE   buttoneyes

buttoneyes

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 23-February 09
Reviews

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:18 PM

If the peach fuzz is really light, I'd personally just leave it because it's not worth the hassle since it's not noticeable. If it really bothers you though, you could go get your whole face threaded. It'll hurt a little bit but the pain is really minimal and it definitely will not hurt as much as waxing (OUCH!). You could probably even thread the peach fuzz yourself...all you need is some thread. There are a lot of helpful videos on Youtube that can teach you how to do this. It's very easy but just be careful near your eyebrows and eyelashes!

#Post 18 of 40 OFFLINE   kuuipo415

kuuipo415

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 03-March 09
Reviews

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:41 AM

yea I would take the shaving route...hair grows back blunt and it may cause ingrown hairs!! eek! I'd suggest using depilatories for sensitive skin?

#Post 19 of 40 OFFLINE   ryancm0822

ryancm0822

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 25-April 09
Reviews

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:00 AM

What about just trimming the hair on the face with a pair of hair scissors.. Or would that have the same effects also?

#Post 20 of 40 OFFLINE   pinksugar

pinksugar

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,832 posts
  • Joined 04-January 07
Reviews

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:12 AM

I'd just leave it. Everyone has it and unless it's particularly long or particularly noticeable, I wouldnt bother about it