When Makeup Goes Wrong

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Bad: Fergie
This is one beauty blunder for the foundation police. With her over the top foundation and bright berry pink lips, Fergie's natural beauty is hidden under too many layers of makeup!

The Good: Fergie
A fresh-faced Fergie Ferg goes for neutral lips and voluminous eye lashes to complete her look.

The Bad: Hayden Panettiere
Hayden Panettiere's fire engine red lips and heavy eye makeup hide the naturally gorgeous young beauty underneath.

The Good: Hayden Panettiere
This look enhances Hayden's natural green eyes and beautiful smile, a much more age appropriate choice of makeup. She's simply glowing!

The Bad: Keira Knightley
Ignoring her hair is one thing, but Keira Knightley's eye makeup and lifeless lips is another. The heavy eye liner makes her eyes seem flat and her lip gloss is definitely not poppin'.

The Good: Keira Knightley
With a fresher face, a fleshy pink pout, and standout lashes, Keira's look is refreshing, and downright beautiful.

The Bad: Mary-Kate Olsen
Mary Kate's dark red lips and heavily lined eyes hide her natural beauty, and quite frankly, make her look clownish. Not to mention that headband...

The Good: Mary-Kate Olsen
A natural, fresh-faced look suits her much better, plus it showcases her big baby blues and signature pout.

The Bad: Naomi Campbell
The normally gorgeous Naomi looks lifeless and flat with her poor choice of lip gloss and sparse eyebrows.

The Good: Naomi Campbell
The diva gets it right! With glossy pink lips, thinly lined lids, and bronzy cheeks, we can overlook her previous makeup mishap. For Naomi, the more glamorous, the better.

The Bad: Nicole Richie
We get where she was going, but... eh. Her eye make up is too heavy underneath, and it makes her look tired. Too much makeup on bold, beautiful eyes can have a reverse effect.

The Good: Nicole Richie
A soft, glowing look works much better with Nicole's striking features; playing up the eyes while toning down the lips is a good look on her.

The Bad: Nicole Scherzinger
Blue eye shadow is difficult for anyone to pull off, but in this case, she should've stayed away from it completely. This navy color screams lady-of-the-night.

The Good: Nicole Scherzinger
Easy does it.. Her natural beauty shines with less eye make up, and a pearly pink lip gloss that accentuates with her bright smile.

The Bad: Christina Aguilera
Her orange-y tan, dark red lips, and over the top eye shadow end up darkening her face instead of bringing out her bright smile and mystifying blue eyes.

The Good: Christina Aguilera
Va-va-voom! Christina Aguilera's baby blue eyes pop underneath her lucious lashes. Her light pink lip gloss accentuates the shape of her pout,and a bit of blush on her cheeks makes this look picture perfect.
xtina_good.jpg

Source

Some of the bad ones weren't THAT bad, IMO.
tocktock.gif

I don't think all the befores necessarily look worse than the afters. It just seems like whoever wrote this prefers natural/neutral makeup.

I agree, some of the bad ones are just different from natural looks. The author mentions heavy foundation in some of the "bad" ones, but there's just as much in a lot of the "good" ones too. The writing seems really slanted to me although I do like Christina's and Nicole's good ones way more than the bad ones.

Some of the 'bad' looks seem okay for a special event while the neutral looks are appropriate for everything else. I like Hayden's and Keira's dramatic looks. Nothing wrong with dressing your face a little more. But Christina and Mary Kate are a mess in the 'bad' looks.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't think all the befores necessarily look worse than the afters. It just seems like whoever wrote this prefers natural/neutral makeup.
dito.gif
They just have less makeup on.

Yeah, the person who wrote it obviously prefers natural make-up.

I think Mary Kate's bad is better than her good. The good makes her look washed out and ill.

I do like the 2nd Christina picture better though. She's so pretty and sometimes her make-up is way over the top.

Some people look better natural than with all that makeup. But I do love Christina's good photo! Very stunning!

I do think that some of the them look overdone but in some pics it doesn't look to bad.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't think all the befores necessarily look worse than the afters. It just seems like whoever wrote this prefers natural/neutral makeup. I agree! They don't all look that bad.

Ditto to what others are saying. I don't think all the ones they have as "bad" are really all that "bad." Especially Hayden's "bad". I think she looks bold and I like the red lips on her.

I do have to say though that Christina Aguilera always seems to go so freakin' heavy on her makeup, even when it's supposed to look neutral. She just strikes me as one of those women that in the morning when she wakes up and has nothing on her face she is unrecognizable!

I think Hayden Panettiere and Nicole Scherzinger look FANTASTIC in the "bad" pictures. Definitely a matter of opinion.

I quite like some of the good looks, but some don't look that bad either (except for the Olsen girl, i really think Mary Kate's "bad" look IS bad).

The only ones who looked good in both before/after are Nicole R & Nicole S.

Everyone else do look better in more neutral looks... all the makeup overpowers their features.

I wish Cristina kept her "Back to Basic" look now... she's doing this whole Lady Gaga aka Lady Caca look and it doesn't suit her at all.

I agree that the article was a bit biased. Apparently you only look good with a nude natural lip gloss, basic neutral eyeshadow, and barely there foundation. Forget having fun with it tastefully, another attempt to make everyone look the same!

Back