Question on Mineral Veil from Bare Eccentials

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

My wife finally convinced me to switch to Bare Essentials mineral makeup, and I really like it! But I have a question. When I put it on, I put on primer, then medium beige foundation and I dont know if I should put my warmth on next and then mineral veil, or do I put on mineral veil and then warmth? I noticed when I put on the warmth before the mineral veil I lose a little of the color. I asked the lady at the counter and she said to put on mineral veil last. What order do you use? Thanks

I don't use warmth. I just use the foundation then the Mineral Veil, so I couldn't tell you. But, I would think since mineral veil is the finishing product it would be last, as the SA at the counter suggested.

I typically don't use the warmth b/c it is VERY dark and i have VERY fair skin, but when i have in the past, i have always put it on last...i would always just swipe a small amount over my cheek bones instead of using blush or you can also use it for contouring. Hope this helps some!!

With mineral makeup, there are no rules. Try it both ways and see what works the best for you.

I would apply the mineral veil before the warmth. You could do it the other way around but as you say, you'll lose some of the color of warmth if you do.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by laurie_lu /img/forum/go_quote.gif With mineral makeup, there are no rules. Try it both ways and see what works the best for you. I agreee with you.

usually I apply the powder before the blush/bronzer

My personal experience is i apply my foundation then the finishing powder, then blush and i finish with another coat of veil on my cheeks to set my blush.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif My personal experience is i apply my foundation then the finishing powder, then blush and i finish with another coat of veil on my cheeks to set my blush. I dont use blush, but I use warmth which gives me just the right glow. But, you put the veil on last and it doesn't fade out the color too much? I cant let my makeup look kinda obvious, so I have to be a bit careful. I probably shouldnt be using makeup at all, but my wife started me on it and now I kinda like it.... alot! I guess thats why I am on this site!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back