-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Stomach flu and headache

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 6 OFFLINE   wvpumpkin

wvpumpkin

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • Joined 06-April 05

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:21 AM

So I woke up early Friday morning with all the typical stomach flu symptoms. I stayed in bed all day Friday. On Saturday I was feeling much better. Still had a slight headache though. However on Sat night the headache got really bad again and this Sunday morning it is throbbing like you can't believe. My stomach is still a little gurgly, but I feel like eating etc. Why is the headache so bad. How long can the headache stay with this type of virus? Usually I am better in a day and I don't remember ever having a headache like this with it either. Thanks so much.

#Post 2 of 6 OFFLINE   leenybeeny

leenybeeny

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Joined 15-November 08

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:28 AM

Are you drinking a lot of fluids? The flu can cause severe dehydration which can lead to really horrible headaches. Make sure you are getting lots of liquids! Feel better soon!!

#Post 3 of 6 OFFLINE   magosienne

magosienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,321 posts
  • Joined 02-May 06

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:06 PM

Yup, drink lots of fluids, maybe some ibuprofen to help with the pain, but drink first, dehydration doesn't help a headache.

#Post 4 of 6 OFFLINE   wvpumpkin

wvpumpkin

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • Joined 06-April 05

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by leenybeeny View Post
Are you drinking a lot of fluids? The flu can cause severe dehydration which can lead to really horrible headaches. Make sure you are getting lots of liquids! Feel better soon!!
Well since Friday I have drank about 40 ounces of gatorade G2, about 160z of tea, and very little water. I also ate some broth with a few crackers. Thanks for you help. I appreciate it so much.

Originally Posted by magosienne View Post
Yup, drink lots of fluids, maybe some ibuprofen to help with the pain, but drink first, dehydration doesn't help a headache.
I took some es tylenol and that hasn't helped at all. Do you think Ibuprofen would be a better choice? What are the other signs of dehydration?

#Post 5 of 6 OFFLINE   Aprill

Aprill

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,482 posts
  • Joined 09-January 07

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:38 PM

See a doctor

#Post 6 of 6 OFFLINE   magneticheart

magneticheart

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,463 posts
  • Joined 11-August 07

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:03 PM

Yeah, I think you should see the doctor too.
Haha, I'm such a hypocrite. I had the flu last week and I probably could have gone to the doctors and got some flu tablets and had it over and done with but I insisted on sitting it out lol
Katie

No girl should ever forget that she doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her.
My Myspace//My Photography