Stomach flu and headache

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I woke up early Friday morning with all the typical stomach flu symptoms. I stayed in bed all day Friday. On Saturday I was feeling much better. Still had a slight headache though. However on Sat night the headache got really bad again and this Sunday morning it is throbbing like you can't believe. My stomach is still a little gurgly, but I feel like eating etc. Why is the headache so bad. How long can the headache stay with this type of virus? Usually I am better in a day and I don't remember ever having a headache like this with it either. Thanks so much.

Are you drinking a lot of fluids? The flu can cause severe dehydration which can lead to really horrible headaches. Make sure you are getting lots of liquids! Feel better soon!!

Yup, drink lots of fluids, maybe some ibuprofen to help with the pain, but drink first, dehydration doesn't help a headache.

Originally Posted by leenybeeny /img/forum/go_quote.gif Are you drinking a lot of fluids? The flu can cause severe dehydration which can lead to really horrible headaches. Make sure you are getting lots of liquids! Feel better soon!! Well since Friday I have drank about 40 ounces of gatorade G2, about 160z of tea, and very little water. I also ate some broth with a few crackers. Thanks for you help. I appreciate it so much.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yup, drink lots of fluids, maybe some ibuprofen to help with the pain, but drink first, dehydration doesn't help a headache. I took some es tylenol and that hasn't helped at all. Do you think Ibuprofen would be a better choice? What are the other signs of dehydration?

Yeah, I think you should see the doctor too.

Haha, I'm such a hypocrite. I had the flu last week and I probably could have gone to the doctors and got some flu tablets and had it over and done with but I insisted on sitting it out lol

Back