Sephora makeovers?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
has anyone gone to sephora stores and got their makeup done??? and how much did they pay? i had a friend who's daughter went for homecoming, she made an appointment for a makeover but didn't pay anything
policeman.gif
so umm yea im thinking of doing the same for this party i have to go to
smoking2.gif

P.S. anyone gone to mac and stuff??? how much do these things cost, anyone know???

I'm no expert, but I don't think you pay for a makeover. They provide free makeovers with the intention that you'd buy something afterward. If you don't I just think its kinda rude.

I've never had a Sephora make over, when I go it's usually on a busy Saturday-and I am just shopping.

I've never been charged for one from a make up counter, but I've usually just had mini make overs-and I've bought a product from them afterwards.

My cousin said her friends went to Neiman's and got done by the Bobbi Brown counter one time before going out.

I have gone to Sephora many times and received thr makovers and yes they are free.

i do however always buy something afterwards.

I used to be a color consultant for Sephora and we were told not to do full makeovers. What we do is provide a makeup consultation in which we explain to you on how to apply makeup. It's supposed to be one side of the face and you're supposed to recreate the look on the other side of your face. Imo I think that's kind of silly because everyone knows if the MA does one side, the other side isn't going to look the same if you do it...lol. But that's what the managers tell us. I guess it's because most of us were seasonal and they didn't want us messing up people's faces. Haha, but I had prior experience with makeup applications, so the managers were ok with me doing full makeovers.

The only thing required is you have to at least purchase something. Sephora is often a busy place so don't feel discouraged if we say that we can't offer full makeovers, but we will sit you down and offer some quick fixes. However if you let us know ahead of time, the managers will be more than happy to make an appointment for you to come in. I have friends who work for MAC and you don't have to pay for a makeover. The requirement is you have to buy at least $50 worth of their products, which shouldn't be hard since it's MAC. lol

Back