What do you do about unruly lashes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have long and thick lashes but they give me a hard time! There is one that curls to the bottom into my eye and there is a few that are growing above the lashes. Pluck or not to pluck?

Oh god I can't imagine plucking my eyelashes. Mine do that sometimes, but it's always fixed with a curler and mascara, and sometimes a little coaxing!!

It's really easy!! The worst that really ever happened when I began using eyelash curlers a looooong time ago was that every once and awhile I would accidently pinch my eyelid. And that doesn't hurt it just kinda makes you jump.

And you're supposed to use the eyelash curler before mascara, cause if you curl your lashes too hard with dry mascara already on then it can break your lashes...but I've never had it happen.

I only mean that you don't expect it when you accidently grab your eyelid instead of your lashes. It doesn't hurt or anything, like poking yourself in the eye with a mascara wand which I still manage to do from time to time. You only barely squeeze an eyelash curler, so it can't hurt.

I use an eyelash curler, too. But I need to invest in a good mascara because sometimes the curler doesn't quite get all of them.

maybe you could try one of those heated curlers? I don't recommend them for daily use but if you try it once and keep coaxing them with a regular curler, maybe they'll "set" better.

an eyelash curler really isn't as scary as you might think. But just keep in mind that not every curler is fit for every eye. The curvature of your eyelid, and the width of your eyelid can affect how easy you fit into some curlers.

Just place the lashes through the little hole, and squeeze. Squeeze slowly to make sure you don't pinch, and once you know you're squeezing, you can press tighter.

Think of like pinching your skin on your arm. If you go slow and stop when you realize you're pinching enough for pain, it really doesn't hurt much -- if you pinch fast then it's kind of too late to stop the pinch and it makes you jump. You can always stop squeezing the curler and replace, resqueeze as soon as you realize you've got skin instead of just lashes!

I'd try the curler route first but I've plucked a few eyelashs befor and it really doesn't hurt at all..

Originally Posted by Nick007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I pluck the out of line ones. It doesn't hurt. I have, too.I have small lashes growing in the inner corners of my eyes and onto the nose as well as one or two above the top lash line on the outer corner that curve down into my lower lashes so that the uppers and lowers tangle normally and stick with mascara, lol!

i have some that grow in the corner that like to tangle with the bottom lashes too but usually i use an eyelash comb to comb it up use my eyelash curler (a plastic one since the metal ones hurt me more often or dont fit my eye) to curl it up, and whatever the eyelash curler doesn't get my mascara curls a bit naturally.

But my tip is to go SLOW with curlers and not rush or else it might look weird or pinch.

oh my god, only plucking the eyebrow gives me a hard time, so can't imagine plucking eyelashes.. try eyelash curler and give the unruly curls a define look through a good application of mascara.. i think that much will definitely do the trick..

Well I have like one lash that always keeps growing above the lash line, I just pluck it every time and it doesn't hurt atall.

Back