-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Grape Juice and weight loss?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 14 OFFLINE   Karren

Karren

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,597 posts
  • Joined 01-June 07
Reviews

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:48 PM

This week the light bulb just came on...<Blink> I gained 6 pounds over the holidays so on Jan 3rd I started to exersize and eat better and started drinking a couple large glasses of concord grape juice every day... and the pounds started comming off... and I'm now 1 pound less than my pre-holidayweight after 9 days... I lost 7 pounds...... in 9 days!! Then it struck me... every time I go into this mode I also start drinking grape juice again... So I googled it and here one article I found.....

Quote:
Weight loss can be a pretty difficult task especially if your weight is pretty far from what you would like it to be. However, with proper advice and the right amount of motivation, nothing can stand in your way.

You've probably heard that there are various things in nature that can help you lose the unwanted weight, such as green tea, vinegar, herbals and many others. But very few people actually know that they can also use grape juice for weight loss.

The good news is that grape juice has a lot of other great properties too: it's a good aphrodisiac, it helps you improve your vision, it's a great energizer, it contains C vitamin - it's sweet and tastes good. Above all of these, it helps you lose weight too!

I should not even mention how easy it is to prepare - you'll be needing 100g of grapes (a black variety is preferable), water and palm sugar (by taste). After squeezing the grapes with a juicer mix with the water and sugar and stir well.

So if it's so easy to prepare and so good for you - why not consume it daily or even more times in the same day? Why not develop a habit of drinking some in the morning and some in the afternoon? If you're going to form a habit like that, you should also go for a little exercise too - a little in the morning and a little in the afternoon also. You'll discover that you'll feel better within days, and before you know it you'll even be thinner.

Nature is full of wonderful resources such as this one and yet many people take pills to lose weight. Whenever that thought crosses your mind ever again, just think about grape juice for weight loss instead of it.
Source - http://www.ezinearti....Loss&id=829032

Here's another one.... Easy Weight Loss - How Grape Juice Helps You Eat Less and Eat Healthy and Eat Less Sugar - http://livinglitenow.com/blog/?p=12

So there may or may not be a connection... but it is working for me... I have also cut back on eating as much and exersizing more but for some reason it seems to me... that I loose more weight, faster if I drink grape juice too...

What do you think?
Karren on Facebook
Photos
Proud member of the National Sarcasm Society... Like we need your support!!
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

#Post 2 of 14 OFFLINE   daer0n

daer0n

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts
  • Joined 09-December 06
Reviews

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:29 PM

Hm, that is pretty interesting Karren, i had never heard of grape juice helping people to lose weight! I love grape juice but i rarely ever drink it since i am the only one at home that likes it. So we don't really buy it often. That is good to know though, thanks for the info!

#Post 3 of 14 OFFLINE   usersassychick0

usersassychick0

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts
  • Joined 09-August 05
Reviews

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

Interesting!
Do you prepare it the same way in the 1st article? Or do you buy it at the store(i.e. Welchs...)

#Post 4 of 14 OFFLINE   Karren

Karren

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,597 posts
  • Joined 01-June 07
Reviews

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:55 PM

Just Welchs... And I never tied the two together until I steped on the scale this morning and then went and had a large glass of grape juice for breakfast..
Karren on Facebook
Photos

#Post 5 of 14 OFFLINE   magosienne

magosienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,321 posts
  • Joined 02-May 06
Reviews

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:11 PM

Interesting ! I love grape juice, i used to drink a lot of it as a kid, then stopped because of the fruit's little bits of skin we find sometimes. Now that sounds like an occasion to eat some again.

Try also pineapple (preferably fresh), it's a good source of vitamins and minerals, and it helps loosing weight as well.

#Post 6 of 14 OFFLINE   LilDee

LilDee

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts
  • Joined 29-March 06
Reviews

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:53 PM

That's awesome! I love grapejuice, and drink it pretty often.. haha..
Maybe I'll pay attention in the future.. see if it's doing anything for me

#Post 7 of 14 OFFLINE   esha

esha

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  • Joined 21-April 08
Reviews

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:22 PM

Awesome, that's so interesting Karren. Thanks!

#Post 8 of 14 OFFLINE   Karren

Karren

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,597 posts
  • Joined 01-June 07
Reviews

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:09 AM

As of this morning... Lost 8 pounds in 10 days!! . I'm still amazed.. And I ate ice creame last night and the better part of a bag or Hersheys Hugs last weekend?
  • SarahNerd likes this
Karren on Facebook
Photos

#Post 9 of 14 OFFLINE   magosienne

magosienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,321 posts
  • Joined 02-May 06
Reviews

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:23 AM

Karren, i hate you.

#Post 10 of 14 OFFLINE   Roxie

Roxie

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts
  • Joined 17-July 08
Reviews

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:34 PM

Wow, sounds cool
Miss Forever Young

#Post 11 of 14 OFFLINE   umraon

umraon

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Joined 30-June 08
Reviews

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:07 AM

i think i'm going to try this too. I have 6 pounds to lose too.

#Post 12 of 14 OFFLINE   Grandmakittie

Grandmakittie

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 18-January 12
Reviews

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

This is what i found on Grape Juice and Weight Loss

Easy, slimming remedy to lose weight

According to the Wilen Sisters, "When you use this daily juice regimen, you'll fit into clothes you haven't worn in years!"

Sounds too good to be true? You may think you've heard it all before—restrictive diets, scams and scary weight-loss supplements. But the secret to losing stubborn belly fat couldn't be easier!

What's the secret? In two words: Grape juice.

But you say you already enjoy grape juice, so do you need to do something special to make the Grape Juice Cure work?

No, it's easy when you follow these daily instructions... and watch the weight come off:

Simply drink 3 ounces of pure grape juice (buy a brand without sugar, additives or preservatives). Mix the grape juice with 1 ounce of water before each meal and at bedtime. Drink this delicious mixture slowly, taking from five to 10 minutes for each glass.

That's it... and the Wilen Sisters swear by it.

#Post 13 of 14 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10
Reviews

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

hmmm. Interesting.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#Post 14 of 14 OFFLINE   Karren

Karren

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,597 posts
  • Joined 01-June 07
Reviews

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:56 AM

I'm glad I rediscovered my thread.... I went out and bought 2 bottles of grape juice last night.... lol
Karren on Facebook
Photos