Breaking out in a cold sweat for no appearent reason?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This never happened to me before.. I got up this morning and went into the bathroom to take a shower and all of a sudden I broke out in a cold sweat and felt real weak.. It lasted for a couple minutes.. It felt like I had the flue and was about to get real sick... But I didn't.. Matter of fact I feel fine! After it passed I looked in the mirror and my face was white but again.. I felt fine. And I still do? Anyone ever experience this.. Has me baffled..

I got a similar thing in the past, it took me several minutes to walk the corridor from my bedroom to the kitchen, i sat there and this ate all my energy. I was feeling all weak and numb, like wrapped in cotton. My mom had to force me to eat and drink something. We never really figured out what it was, but we suppose it was just a sudden drop of my blood pressure. I felt better (but still weird) after a few hours, and the day after i was back to my usual state.

I get a similar thing if i'm up and awake but don't have my breakfast soon enough, in those times i guess it's my body craving for sugar.

Sounds similar symptoms to anxiety or panic attack. (which i suffer from every now and again)

You have had a pretty intense week it could of effected you more then you know?

You could have had a bout of low sugar (even if you are not diabetic, we all deal with hypoglycemia)

Your blood pressure could have dropped for a second

those are the two most common reasons but I vote 90% on blood pressure

I'm going through peri-menopause now...plenty of warm flashes. I have a fan in every room!

Maybe you are experiencing men-opause? lol

Not to scare you or anything, but I have been having issues with my heart lately and Im waiting to get an appointment to see a cardiologist... But I have been doing some of my own research..

now I wouldnt be worried if you dont have other symptoms or if this was a one time deal, however the fact that it lasted for a few min rather than a few seconds is rather alarming.. my theory for myself is that I will either be having a heart attack anyday now or I have ventricular tachycardia... I have all the symptoms for each and yes I am only 18..

Both the cold sweat and feeling weak are possible symptoms, but I am curious if you have ever felt very lightheaded( or even blackedout from it), shortness of breath, chest pains, heart burn, pain in the arms or neck, high or irregular heart rate, family history? Also, if you experience any of these symptoms for more than a few min it is strongly recommended to head to the hospital asap

Something like this happened to me the day after I got a tattoo. I got out of bed and suddenly I was feeling very dizzy, lightheaded and like I was going to be sick. I went straight to the washroom but nothing happened. I broke out in a cold sweat all over too and I was really pale. That passed within a few minutes but I still felt sick to my stomach and really dizzy and weak afterwards. I ended up just going back to bed and the next day I was fine.

I had also eaten some really disgusting McDonalds prior so I chalked it up to either the disgusting food or from getting the tattoo.

I dont really know what it was.

I am going to agree with Ozee on this. Even before i opened this thread, its the first time that came to my mind.

You may want to check sugar levels or you may have a mineral deficiency.

Try drinking a glass of orange juice next time it happens again. If it happens or if you feel ill otherwise, see a doctor and get a blood test and your levels checked.

<3

Sounds like yr pressure dropped... It's been happening to me lately especially if I get up too quick. But everytime I go to the doc, I'm fine. So now I have a little chair in the bathroom, cuz I don't wanna fall in the tub...

Sounds like low sugar.

I had that happen once and I don't have any sugar/insulin issues at all, nor do they run in my family but this one time, I just went too long without eating (well, without eating very well. I may have had some chips or something within a 12 hour period) and suddenly I felt weak, I felt a cold rush and then sweat prickles on my back and neck and kinda tngly hands, if I recall.

My bf got me something quick out of the vending machine; we were at work at "the stadium" we used to work at preparing for a major international sports event and the pressure was on and I guess my body reacted.

Symptoms-

Since a drop in blood sugar is often commonly caused by not eating, a person may experience hunger as one of the first symptoms of low blood sugar. Other symptoms that may be signs of a blood sugar drop are weakness, numbness in the facial area, dizziness, nervousness, cold sweats, shaking, headaches, irritability, nightmares and/or night sweats.

I have anxiety and that's just one of the many symptoms. I get cold sweats and other times I will get hot sweats like when you are about to vomit.

I am also thinking low blood sugar, low blood pressure or stress. I hope your feeling better Karren. It if continues I would get checked out.

I have no idea what this is, but it happens to me too sometimes, except my bout of cold sweat/ dizziness lasts for a couple hours each time and I feel so weak and can't walk even. All I need to do is lie down to nap for a hours and then, I'm as good as new again, go figure...

a similar thing happened to me when i was in highschool and i would just blow it off cuz i felt fine after a few minutes and one day i was doing my hair and passed out and slammed my head on the counter and got a concussion, the doctor told me it was because my blood sugar was low and i had to be on a strict diet for the next year to make sure it didnt happen again

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm going through peri-menopause now...plenty of warm flashes. I have a fan in every room!
Maybe you are experiencing men-opause? lol

In case you're not, you might check with your doctor. <lol>

Men-opause!! Lol. Too funny Carolyn!! Actually the meds I'm on drop my heart rate to 42 at rest and my BP canm dip low.. And I hadn't eaten so low sugar could be also.. it hasn't happened since.. I should keep a stash of candy bars in the bathroom? Lol. Men-opause!! lol

Lol, maybe store them next to the beer
wink.gif

i have been breaking out in sweats for about a yr believe it or not im not sure what to think ive had blood work numerous times and the one procedure where they send a liquid substance thru an ivy that makes your entire mid section feel hot im 40 and my doctor said there was an infection in my colon or ill try and spell it dyratykulitus i took the meds and its been 2 months and  it hasnt changed can someone tell me what is wrong my blood doesnt show diabetes ive been tested for aids nothing there im afraid if i dont explain my symptoms right i may end up dead 

i have the cold sweats i can be doin avg things thru out the day and all of a sudden start sweating like i had just jogged for several mins then it goes away but every morning when i wake up my pillow is drenched.

Originally Posted by blazingsavage /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i have been breaking out in sweats for about a yr believe it or not im not sure what to think ive had blood work numerous times and the one procedure where they send a liquid substance thru an ivy that makes your entire mid section feel hot im 40 and my doctor said there was an infection in my colon or ill try and spell it dyratykulitus i took the meds and its been 2 months and  it hasnt changed can someone tell me what is wrong my blood doesnt show diabetes ive been tested for aids nothing there im afraid if i dont explain my symptoms right i may end up dead 

i have the cold sweats i can be doin avg things thru out the day and all of a sudden start sweating like i had just jogged for several mins then it goes away but every morning when i wake up my pillow is drenched.
 Did you mean divurticulitis? I don't know that I even spelled that right. Sounds like night sweats and that's best left to you and a doctor to discuss. 

Latest posts

Back