Eyeliner on the Tear Duct?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw a picture of Anne Hathaway yesterday (and I can't find it today, typical) where she's wearing black eyeliner and it looks like she's taken her eyeliner all the way into her tear duct (it didn't look like it had just smudged either it looked like that was how it was supposed to be) so that the entire rim of her eye was black. It looked really nice but when I do my eyeliner on the waterline I always stop before I get to my tear duct.

When do you stop with your eyeliner? Do you stop before the tear duct or do you go right into the tear duct bit of your eye?

with liquid eyeliner on my upperlash line i do a teeeny thin line right from the tear duct. but this is the bit that always smudges first and sometimes i get black goop right in the corner of my eye from it, so if i'm doing my makeup super properly then i tend to start a little bit after and use a pencil.

I usually line all the way in and then set it with carbon so it lasts longer.

I do not do my e/l that way as it dont suit me. But you could try it, maybe it looks great on you

Anne H has really large eyes so lining all the way like that works for her, but ouch getting it in the tearduct doesn't sound like a great idea imho.

You really really need to be careful when it comes to lining over the tear duct. We were always taught at college to stop just next to it, you really don't want make up getting caught in your tear ducts, it can cause serious problems with your eyes. Most of the time if anything does get in there, it will slide out on it's own/or when you cry, however sometimes it can get lodged and that's when problems start. The last thing you want is having to get a doctor extract make up from your tear ducts, it's done with a needle ladies, keep that in mind!

OMG ouchhhh! Okay Bec I'm not going anywhere near my tear duct now LOL

One mention of a doctor going near my eye and my minds made up
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Bec688 /img/forum/go_quote.gif The last thing you want is having to get a doctor extract make up from your tear ducts, it's done with a needle ladies, keep that in mind! that brought a few tears to my eye...
I've lined the entire eye more often then not and i guess i have been really lucky then, no problems but after reading this i think i will not be doing it again. lol

I try to stop at my tear duct, or else it smudges and you get those yucky eye makeup boogers!!! LoL

I guess it would work if you had an assistent following behind 24/7 to be sure your mu doesn't snudge, and to touch up your face for photo ops.

They say beauty is pain. But, I disagree... at least on some aspects,

I rarely line my eyes, even if I do, I don't go adventurous on myself. I tried once lining my BOTTOM waterline with a liquid liner. let's say, a lot of liner gooey stuff STUCK on my eyeballs.. So, waterline and tear duct are out of my equation.

We only got one pair of eyes, so take care of them instead of lining tear ducts. It's dangerous if you're not careful or skilled

Originally Posted by Flowind /img/forum/go_quote.gif They say beauty is pain. But, I disagree... at least on some aspects,I rarely line my eyes, even if I do, I don't go adventurous on myself. I tried once lining my BOTTOM waterline with a liquid liner. let's say, a lot of liner gooey stuff STUCK on my eyeballs.. So, waterline and tear duct are out of my equation.

We only got one pair of eyes, so take care of them instead of lining tear ducts. It's dangerous if you're not careful or skilled

lol i did that once and it bloody hurt! didn't look any good either. not worth the pain!

Are you guys talking about putting liquid eyeliner on your waterline or pencil liner? Sorry, I'm a bit confused.
redface.gif
Anyways, I once tried lining all the way over my tear duct, but I was in tears by the end of it! It's not safe, so I don't take the chances.

Ladies, I had a blocked tear duct and had to have surgery to fix it. They tried to unblock it with a plastic tube put into the tear duct but it was too blocked. My problem was my eye continually teared, tears ran down my face. I was cut below the tear duct and had stitches. The doctor did a good job, no scar, but I was VERY black and blue for over a week!!!

I never put anything over my tear duct, so this can just happen!

Latest posts

Back