Sigma Brushes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So you guys know by now it's all the rage for companies to send Youtube gurus their stuff to "review"/advertise for them and tell us whether we should buy their product...

So anyways, I was watching a vid by Enkore yesterday in which he mentioned a brush co. that basically copies MAC brushes and it goes by the name of Sigma Makeup. They look interesting enough, but I'm curious. Has anybody ever heard of/ tried these brushes prior to this Youtube debut?

Here's the link to the Youtube vid made by Koren:

oOo i saw these too. i may buy some just to try them out and see how they compare to mac (i pretty much already have all the mac brushes they're trying to dupe)

I watched that too....I wonder which is better, them or coastal scents? Coastal is cheaper but I would love to hear from someone that has some of these.

i'm also wondering if these brushes are good or coastal scents? I think this company is very new so very few people have tried it.

Hello everybody!

I am thinking of ordering the sigma brushes. Has anyone actually tried them? I read so many contradicting reviews in specktra.net and I got confused. I only have one Mac brush, the 109 and I must say I'm not very happy with it cause it sheds a lot. I have a few Grimas brushes (it's a company for professional MUAs) and others from Sephora or other drugstores.

My question is: should I invest 94 dollars (65 euros for me) in Sigma and get 12 brushes or is it better to buy just a couple of Mac and start building my collection slowly?

I've heard really good things about the Sigma brushes from friends IRL but Ive never tried them out myself. I'm super curious, tho.

Pasiphae, I think u should go for the MAC brushes, based on reputation- at leas until someone here has tried and vouched for the Sigma ones. It'd be terrible to invest in some brushes that turn out to be duds- especially cause brushes are super important. MAC is a trusted name on MUT at least for the brushes. The only thing that I've heard of BAD MAC brushes are the hello kitty 187 brushes which apparently bleed. Ive never had problems with the regular brushes tho.IMO HG of brushes = MAC.

(turned out to be looonger than i expected.)
smile.gif

Thanks for the reply ricababyy, I think you are right. I should invest in Mac brushes even if it takes me a while longer to build a whole collection. I guess they're worth it!

I kinda agree with Rica. I so far haven't loved 100% of the MAC brushes, but I have only been disappointed with 2. The 239(I use a Leow Cornell 3/8" Maxine's Mop instead) and the previously mentioned Hello Kitty brush set with the 187. Bled like a mofo. I have the full size 187 now and love it. Also keep in mind that a few of the Sigma brushes aren't exactly the same. Like pencil brush I think is bigger than the MAC version. So while they may be good, they still may not work for you if the shape isn't right. You could just wait for Friends and Family sales to buy brushes. That's when I bought my 187.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif You could just wait for Friends and Family sales to buy brushes. That's when I bought my 187. I am afraid this is only for US residents because it's for online ordering, isnt'it? Unless they also do it in stores, because we do have Mac here, only it's way more expensive!
sadyes.gif

no sadly before him i have never herd of the company but there is many companies before youtube that I have not herd of i.e. costal scents I think we all have our youtube gurus that we trust to give us the truth you know

I agree, build your collection slowly... It'd be a shame to throw money at a company that's copying, but the product isn't identical...

Ah Sigma!

I heard that (some) of the brushes shed. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But, I also heard SO many good reviews on the brushes. My friend on youtube LOVES them.

Once I have enough money worked up, and make sure I'm POSITIVE I want them, I'll be purchasing them
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by pasiphae /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am afraid this is only for US residents because it's for online ordering, isnt'it? Unless they also do it in stores, because we do have Mac here, only it's way more expensive!
sadyes.gif
Not sure about sales outside the US, but they have had their Friends and Family sales in store.

Hey there,

I am new to the forums, but I saw this thread and thought I should let you know. I just got the Sigma 12 Brush set in the mail yesterday (it cost me about $87 Canadian) I ordered them on Thursday online and got the brushes by U.S. International Post the following Tuesday. So - I used the eye brushes last night before I went out for dinner and I LOVED them. The are very soft, and pretty dense (not flimsy) My favourite so far was the Blending Brush SS224 which is supposed to be a dupe for MAC 224, and the Pencil Brush SS219 which is supposed to be a dupe for MAC 219. The Pencil brush is a bit thicker then most pencil brushes I have seen, but thinner than most crease brushes. I love it for a crease/outer V brush as it is so precise...then the blending brush is great for blending the colour out. I have bought MAC and some Sephora professional brushes, and by far this set is better from a price point. I have quite a few Coastal Scent Brushes, and they are very inexpensive, but the quality to my new Sigma brushes just does not match up. In short, I completely recommend these brushes. I can't wait to use them again this morning!!!

Latest posts

Back