-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

The Return of the MakeupTalk Product Review Center! read more...

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Has anyone tried European Bare Minerals?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 6 OFFLINE   Jenfab

Jenfab

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 22-February 09
Reviews

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:30 PM

I just ordered a GREAT value on ebay...from "Village Boutique"...wondering if anyone has tried it? It claims to be as good as BE except without the Bismuth and talc. For the value and the price I paid ($22 for an 8 piece full size kit)...I am willing to give it a try. If I dont like it, mu daughter isn't picky LOL

Just curious if anyone else has used it, and what you though about it? Thanks

#Post 2 of 6 OFFLINE   simisimi100

simisimi100

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • Joined 21-October 07
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:59 PM

I didn't
can you give us a link please?

#Post 3 of 6 OFFLINE   Jenfab

Jenfab

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 22-February 09
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:55 PM

Yes! Sorry I forgot to add link. Anyway, i know its strange that they sell a Bare esecentual DVD with it even though it is NOT BE, but I feel that is mainly for how to use mineral make up and would apply to most MMUs. If people read VERY carefully that they are NOT affiliated with BE...there shall be no misunderstandings. But again, for the price, If I dont like it...it will still be used by my daughter. But I really seem to think It will work out fine.
Have a great Day!

* Just tried to post link...but since I am under 10 posts, it wont let me. Just go to Ebay and do a search for "My village Boutique" in the store search section...then find the 8 Piece European bare Minerals Medium set...that is what i purchased. i got it for like $21.97 + free shipping two nights ago.

#Post 4 of 6 OFFLINE   leadee

leadee

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 13-March 09
Reviews

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:55 AM

I use the i.d. brand and am wondering the same thing about this brand. Have you tried it yet Jenfab?

#Post 5 of 6 OFFLINE   Cherry_Blossoms

Cherry_Blossoms

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 01-September 05
Reviews

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:00 PM

Never even heard of it!

#Post 6 of 6 OFFLINE   Ottillia

Ottillia

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 14-March 09
Reviews

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:22 PM

You don't have to apply all mineral makeup the way you do BE. That heavy "buffing" thing they do is really pretty damaging to the skin, especially with a less-that-great brush. A GOOD mineral makeup doesn't have to be shoved into your pores--you can just put a little on the brush, tap it off, and apply like powder. It will adhere perfectly on its own if it has the right ingredients.