Potential New Hairstyle... Opinions?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have decided to get a hair cut... Right now my hair is pretty long for me, and I love have long hair, but it gets on my nerves more than anything. I basically wear it in a pony tail all day everyday. I have come to the decision to chop most of the length off and get a shortish haircut. I'm 24, and I want a more "grown up" hair style.

Here is a recent abet, slightly blurry picture of me:

n2041747_52996526_5513.jpg

Unfortunately that is the best picture I can get into the message.

Here is the hairstyle I really, really like.

sarah-chalke.jpg

My hair may not work this this exact style, but I definitely want something along these lines.

What do you guys think?

I think it a very cute cut, but maybe leave it a little softer.

Wheres Gina she is the hair guru.

You have very pretty hair!!! But I do love the stye you chose!!! Very stylish!!

If I have to straighten my hair, then I will. It's not that curly - I just had my hair in a pony tail, so it was scrunched. My hair isn't all that great, I was highlighting for a couple of years, and then I started dyeing it brown back to my original hair color. So a lot of my length has been so over processed, it needs to come off.

I've been looking into getting a flat iron. I've been wanting one.

You could go with that style, but just be aware....the shorter you go, the more natural curl will be brought out. My concern would be that if you went with a style that short, if you did ever decide to not flat iron it, it might go a bit puffy. But in the end its up to you!

I think your choice is very nice but I think Gina is giving you great advice as well.

I love that hairstyle. I don't know how she gets it so textured, though. I've tried so many different products and my hair never looks that piecey.

I completely understand what you are saying Gina - I have been fighting with my hair for a long time now. The sucky thing is that I used to have really straight hair and then it decided to go curly a couple of years ago. The salon I'm going to is going to give me a consultation before we cut my hair, so they will help me adapt that style to something that will look good and work with my hair.

Fortunately I'm not going to place that charges $17.95 for a hair cut. I've really learned my lesson.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I was just about to say that - speak to the stylist and see what they think - they should be looking at your face shape and the texture of your hair, which will help them decide whether the style will suit you!

I'm not much help, but I can't wait to see pictures of what you get done
smile.gif

Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif Be sure to post a pic of your new hair cut! We'd love to see it!!
biggrin.gif
I agree!

So... my cut was today, and I actually went with a bob style instead of the shag textured cut. Here is a pic from my camera phone today:

2638_895586410511_2041747_55243478_.jpg

I think you'd look cute with a shorter cut? Or maybe just below your chin. And side-swept bangs. Your hair is a really lovely color too!

Very nice cut on you! It frames your face perfectly. If you ever wanted to look at how different hairstyles look on you, www.taaz.com is a site where you can superimpose a photo of yourself with a bunch of hairstyle options. You can play with some interesting makeup options too.

Back