Extra fold in eyelid

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello I am new to these forums and you all seem like friendly people so I thought I'd ask for some advice from you guys.

I grew up with eczema and at one point developed a rash on my right eyelid so now I have 4 folds in my eyelid while my left eye is a normal double fold. Is there a way to fix these creases without surgery? It's been like this for over 8 years so I doubt it'll go back naturally.

Thanks for reading.
yaya.gif

I'm not sure that there's any way to combat this... Even the tape, if you go on the Asian forums, some of the girls complain about it doing stuff to their eyes from using it for so long...

I wish I had better advice for you. Are the folds really obvious?

Welcome to the forums! Have you had a talk with your doctor about it? Perhaps a dermatologist would know if there's a cream or ointment that would help the skin on the eyelid return to normal.

is it scar tissue that is making the extra fold?

if it is just lose skin eyelid tape or surgery are the two options. but if it is scar tissue than they will be able to inject steroid into it and it will disolve away.

Thanks for all the replies!
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm not sure that there's any way to combat this... Even the tape, if you go on the Asian forums, some of the girls complain about it doing stuff to their eyes from using it for so long...
I wish I had better advice for you. Are the folds really obvious?

Pretty much if you look me in the eye you'll notice

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif is it scar tissue that is making the extra fold?
if it is just lose skin eyelid tape or surgery are the two options. but if it is scar tissue than they will be able to inject steroid into it and it will disolve away.

It might be scar tissue but the skin is normal and there's nothing different about it from my other eyelid other than the extra folds so it could be extra loose skin developed from having the rash for so long? I am not sure...

Originally Posted by ticki /img/forum/go_quote.gif Welcome to the forums! Have you had a talk with your doctor about it? Perhaps a dermatologist would know if there's a cream or ointment that would help the skin on the eyelid return to normal. Hmm I might try that once I figure out if it's loose skin or scar tissue.
Ok well I just compared my eyelids and it doesn't look like loose skin or scar tissue... is it possible that it just has an extra crease from being like that for so long?

Latest posts

Back