-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Extra fold in eyelid

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 6 OFFLINE   bobby66

bobby66

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 15-March 09

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:06 AM

Hello I am new to these forums and you all seem like friendly people so I thought I'd ask for some advice from you guys.

I grew up with eczema and at one point developed a rash on my right eyelid so now I have 4 folds in my eyelid while my left eye is a normal double fold. Is there a way to fix these creases without surgery? It's been like this for over 8 years so I doubt it'll go back naturally.

Thanks for reading.

#Post 2 of 6 OFFLINE   Karren

Karren

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,597 posts
  • Joined 01-June 07

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:59 AM

Welcome to MakeUpTalk!!!

They actually make eye lid tape and it's popular in Asia... I have a fold or two and have tried a few things but have not been successful to date...

Here's a few links or you can just google it...

Eye Charm Double Eyelid Tape (with applicator)

Eyelid Tape
Karren on Facebook
Photos
Proud member of the National Sarcasm Society... Like we need your support!!
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

#Post 3 of 6 OFFLINE   reesesilverstar

reesesilverstar

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,117 posts
  • Joined 24-August 07

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:07 PM

I'm not sure that there's any way to combat this... Even the tape, if you go on the Asian forums, some of the girls complain about it doing stuff to their eyes from using it for so long...

I wish I had better advice for you. Are the folds really obvious?
~Sabali~

#Post 4 of 6 OFFLINE   ticki

ticki

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Joined 01-September 07

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:25 PM

Welcome to the forums! Have you had a talk with your doctor about it? Perhaps a dermatologist would know if there's a cream or ointment that would help the skin on the eyelid return to normal.

#Post 5 of 6 OFFLINE   Orangeeyecrayon

Orangeeyecrayon

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts
  • Joined 27-November 06

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:28 PM

is it scar tissue that is making the extra fold?

if it is just lose skin eyelid tape or surgery are the two options. but if it is scar tissue than they will be able to inject steroid into it and it will disolve away.

#Post 6 of 6 OFFLINE   bobby66

bobby66

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 15-March 09

Posted 15 March 2009 - 04:52 PM

Thanks for all the replies!

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar View Post
I'm not sure that there's any way to combat this... Even the tape, if you go on the Asian forums, some of the girls complain about it doing stuff to their eyes from using it for so long...

I wish I had better advice for you. Are the folds really obvious?
Pretty much if you look me in the eye you'll notice

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon View Post
is it scar tissue that is making the extra fold?

if it is just lose skin eyelid tape or surgery are the two options. but if it is scar tissue than they will be able to inject steroid into it and it will disolve away.
It might be scar tissue but the skin is normal and there's nothing different about it from my other eyelid other than the extra folds so it could be extra loose skin developed from having the rash for so long? I am not sure...

Originally Posted by ticki View Post
Welcome to the forums! Have you had a talk with your doctor about it? Perhaps a dermatologist would know if there's a cream or ointment that would help the skin on the eyelid return to normal.
Hmm I might try that once I figure out if it's loose skin or scar tissue.

Ok well I just compared my eyelids and it doesn't look like loose skin or scar tissue... is it possible that it just has an extra crease from being like that for so long?