-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

The Return of the MakeupTalk Product Review Center! read more...

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Carrie Underwood's Make Up

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 9 OFFLINE   Rebbierae

Rebbierae

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Joined 14-May 08
Reviews

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:06 PM

Hey all you smart girls--how do you find who uses what for make up? Every time I see Carrie Underwood, whether in a video, or some sort of performance, I LOVE her make up, and I'm just curious what brand(s) she uses. I've been Googling it a little bit but not really finding anything. I've seen other threads on this about other celebrities and I'm curious how you guys find that information! Thanks!

#Post 2 of 9 OFFLINE   McRubel

McRubel

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Joined 08-July 07
Reviews

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:39 PM

I have a friend that works at Sephora and says that Carrie Underwood was spotted there buying Smashbox's O-gloss. Sorry that's not a whole lot of info.

#Post 3 of 9 OFFLINE   magneticheart

magneticheart

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,463 posts
  • Joined 11-August 07
Reviews

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:44 AM

I don't think you need the same brands to achieve her look. If you look at pictures and see what makeup she's wearing you can usually find alternatives to what she's wearing (and they're probably much cheaper)
Katie

No girl should ever forget that she doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her.
My Myspace//My Photography

#Post 4 of 9 OFFLINE   pinksugar

pinksugar

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,832 posts
  • Joined 04-January 07
Reviews

Posted 21 March 2009 - 09:13 AM

hmm. Maybe if you post some pictures of the looks you like, we could suggest some good dupes or alternatives?

#Post 5 of 9 OFFLINE   HairEgo

HairEgo

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,281 posts
  • Joined 25-January 09
Reviews

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by magneticheart View Post
I don't think you need the same brands to achieve her look. If you look at pictures and see what makeup she's wearing you can usually find alternatives to what she's wearing (and they're probably much cheaper)
I agree! You don't need EXACTLY what she uses to achieve her look
*+ Beauty: One Size Fits All +*

#Post 6 of 9 OFFLINE   Bec688

Bec688

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • Joined 04-July 06
Reviews

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:19 PM

Show us some pictures and that'll help us, help you out

#Post 7 of 9 OFFLINE   Rebbierae

Rebbierae

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Joined 14-May 08
Reviews

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:02 PM

Ok I found a few pictures...not sure how to post the up correctly though. Just curious how she always looks so wonderfully 'dewy' (man I hate that word but can't think of a different word to describe her flawless skin), and her eyes and cheeks just look so amazing!

#Post 8 of 9 OFFLINE   magneticheart

magneticheart

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,463 posts
  • Joined 11-August 07
Reviews

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:04 AM

I'm not so good with high end brands but I can recommend some drugstore ones.

In some of the pictures her skin looks dewy (i don't like that word either but I don't think there's another word for it lol) and fresh. I think you'd get that kind of finish from a liquid foundation, Bourjois 10 hour sleep effect foundation gives a similar finish but it doesn't have that much coverage so if you need more coverage I'd maybe go for another brand of liquid foundation like MAC or Estee Lauder.
On some of the photos her skin is more matte which I think is just a mattifying powder. Rimmel do one called Stay Matte Powder which I use, it's really cheap and it's great.
On some of the pictures (like the first one) it looks like she's wearing a shimmery bronzer. Something like Too Faced Sun Bunny would be similar. On some of the pictures it looks like she's wearing a shimmery blusher. I'd say the Bourjois little pot blushes would be very similar. They have loads of different shades.
For lips her lipglosses are pretty nude. Bourjois (I know nearly all the things I'm recommending are bourjois, it's not cos I'm a fan girl I promise they just look similar lol) do 3D effet nude lipglosses which look very similar.
Her eyes look like she's wearing black khol pencil (L'Oreal do a great one), and then black mascara. For eyeshadow they all look like pretty matte textured eyeshadows because they don't have much of a shimmer. It looks like she's wearing a white underneath the brow bone, a light gold or cream colour on the lid and a brown in the crease.
Lol, sorry for rambling so much. Hope that helped!
Katie

No girl should ever forget that she doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her.
My Myspace//My Photography

#Post 9 of 9 OFFLINE   Jolanka

Jolanka

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Joined 14-February 08
Reviews

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:00 AM

Her hair and makeup are always perfect!!