Empire Beauty School? Nyc.. reviews?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
has anyone attended or know of the Empire Beauty school in nyc located on 34th street?

I have appointment there on Friday to check it out. they just started a Makeup Artisty Program there and I wanted to know if anyone knew if the program was really any good or really any review about the school

The makeup artistry program is a 3 week course and it costs 3000 dollars...

Or should I just go for cosmetology? Does anyone know if in cosmetology is makeup even focused on????

Any insight will be Lovely
smile.gif

hello i went to go check out that program too cant really find any reviews on it if you found anything out please let me know thank you
biggrin.gif

If you're looking at going to a beauty it's best to ask the graduates!  I'm looking at it and have been emailing the top salons and spas in my area to find out what schools are the best.  Even though there are dozens of schools in my area, so far everyone has only recommended two schools.

From what I heard Empire Beauty is either a really great school or really bad.  I know people in other states that graduated and loved it.  Then in other states there are ones with horrible instructors.

Well, like I said, I am a student at Empire, but the makeup course is different then the actual cosmetology or esthetician course, which I have knowledge of both now.  Like I said, I asked my superiors about Empire's makeup school and they gave me the description of the course:

Apply your creativity through our Theatrical Make-Up Program. Learn the fundamentals of color theory, apply airbrushing techniques for theatrical make-up, blue print characters and color notating for character make-up, and utilize prosthetics and other effects such as wax and latex, and more.

So, if you want to do theatrical/horror/sci fi makeup, then this is decent, if not, then I'd suggest looking into other schools, and it's not always about how great the school is if you are good at makeup already and just want to learn some more stuff and get the certification to show people.... i went to a couple different makeup schools and it was good for experience and practice and to get the certification but being i already knew a lot about makeup, i learned most of my tricks and tips over the years from experience and from hanging out with drag queens in the city, honestly!  lol

FYI - The makeup course is no longer given in NJ from Empire - if you want the makeup artist course you HAVE to go NYC.
icon_rolleyes.gif
  I got this from the sales rep a few weeks ago.

Back