Eyelid glue?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, im not sure if everyone knows what eyelid glue is, but it's the things used in some asain countries to create a "double-eyelid" and have the more open eye look. My question is about eyelid glue by "Eye talk". Is it safe to use SHORT TERM? I was reading mixed reviews on it. Some say that they used it, and after using it long term it caused them to actually develop a natural crease and no longer need the glue. Others say that it causes stretching/sags the skin. I even read a few people say that it made their eyes MORE droopy and more smaller - I wasn't sure if that was from long term use, or what.

One of my eyes already has an eyelid crease. The other used to, but a couple years ago I got "poked" in the eye by accident by a co-worker, and ever since then that eyelid has been partially missing a crease. (btw im only 19, male, so i really wanted to avoid eyelid surgery, as my eye doc said thats the only way to fix the missing crease). I wanted to give this eyelid glue a try so i could "PREVIEW" how my eyes would look more open, perhaps I might like the look, OR I might just try it on my eyelid that's missing a partial crease, to see if it makes them more even looking. Either way, I wanted to know if short-term use (OR perhaps I might only use it ONCE, just to see the results) could cause any permanent changes? Like if I put the eyelid glue on, and didn't like the results, could I just wash it off minutes later and it'd be almost like I never put it on in the first place?

I know I'm kinda OCD when it comes to trying things like this lol. I know the eyelids are very sensitive. I just don't want to put the eyelid glue on, not like the results, wash it off, and find out that the eyelid glue "damaged" my lids permanently and they end up becoming more droopy after only one use. Probably unlikely, but I wanted to make sure! I know countless people use this stuff all the time though so I assume it's okay, but just wanted to make sure...

some people wan eyelids and i wish i didn"t have mine yeah i saw a video tutorial in youtube i thougth that was cool for people that actually wan it some crease now you already know everyone is different so maybe you should try it your self and see what you think i have never use it before but if i were you i go get it and see what you think.

Yeah, but I'm actually not using it to create an eye-lid crease. I already have creases in both my eyes. Just my right eye, it's only a partial crease now due to an injury a couple years ago. So it's slightly smaller I guess, due to the some-what droopyness look of only a partial eyelid crease on my right eye vs a full crease on my left eye.

So the two things I was thinking of trying was either:

1.) I was going to try the eye-lid glue on my right eyelid with only a partial crease, to see if I could make it even with the left eye

or

2.) I was going to try the eye-lid glue on both eyelids, to give them a little bit more of a wide-eye look (back in high-school, which was only a couple years ago, my eyes I'd say where about 25% more open-looking. I have no idea why from the age of 15 to 19 they started to get smaller.) Even in pictures, like my high-school ID picture my eyes where wide and open, looking perfectly normal. Now I've taken hundreds of pictures and my eyes now always come out extremely tiny, or closed in all the pictures I take. But it's not just like that in pictures only, that's just how my eyes have become. So I thought maybe I could give this eyelid glue a test, and see how my eyes would look slightly more open. If I liked it, then great. If not, then I want to make sure that I can just wash it off, and no harm will done to my eyelids after trying it just once or twice.

Personally I'd give it a try to see if it does what you want and if it does then you can decide whether you want to continue using it.. But that's just me.. I love experimenting!
smile.gif

using it once or twice won't give you a permanent crease. feel free to experiment and try it out to see how it looks.

It can take weeks, months, or even years before people will see a permanent crease (some people don't ever get a permanent crease). You need to basically train your skin to fold that way, and since skin is elastic, it'll normally want to bounce back into its original position after you take off the glue. But you force it to crease there long enough and that crease might set into your skin to stay.

If you used to have a crease there, it might be easier to get the crease back by using glue.

as far as the stretching/sagging...I'd assume it's more from when you remove the glue/tape, since if you pull and tug on it, you might stretch it. not sure on research on there but my sister's been using tape daily for a while now, she's still hoping for the permanent crease and hasn't seen any signs of sagging or stretching. (sagging will automatically happen with age though... so if you're in your 80's -- it might not be the glue that did the stretching!)

omg, i want to try this. My right eye ALWAYS has a double crease, but my left eye only SOMETIMES has it. i dunno why..somedays ill wake up and both eyes will have the double crease, but other times ill wake up and only my right eye will have a double crease..if you use this, let me know how it goes!!

Latest posts

Back