ELF cosmetics... any good?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm off to download festival in the summer, and while I do like to wear a little bit of makeup at festivals, I dont really want to be taking my expensive makeup to a festival in case it melts, or the pressed powders break and stuff.

I've noticed that ELF do customisable compacts where you can mix your choice of eye, lip, and cheek colours for £7.50.

Has anyone tried ELF's eye lip and cheek colours? Are they any good? Bearing in mind i'd only really use them for a week in place of my usual makeup. Opinions?

I really love ELF shadows I use them all the time. They are cheap and have lasting power.

i have tried their eyeshadows.

they're not too great, but they do the job.

they're pretty pigmented for $1, but they don't last too too long.

however, i used them without primer, so i'm sure with some primer, they'll last long.

I really don't like ELF - i found their eyeshadows really powdery and not all that great with the pigmentation - but as you're only using them for a week, they are cheap as hell so you won't be devastated if you lose/break them.

elf is actually best bang for the buck in comparison to any other brand out there thats in the same price range.

want to be really cheap? buy their eye primer ($3) as well as their eyeshadows ($1 each pan). it will last you all day.

seriously though, their stuff is so good for the price!

Hey everyone I haven't posted in a million years but recently I bought some elf products and here is what I thought.

Bronzer - Heck no gave me an instant rash, so I threw it away immediately

Eyelash Curler - a little weird or different looking but definitely really good once you get the hang of it

Eyelashes in natural - I really liked them but don't use the glue that comes with them try to go and buy duo glue

Eyeliner Smudger brush - good, does it's job

Blot papers - havent' tried them yet

Clear Mascara/eyebrow gel - haven't tried it yet

I don't remember what else I bought I'll take a look when I get home

i have never used them before. but i heard they are good for their cost. as in dont expect mac quality but they are decent. i have also heard good things about their lipglosses

I have heard that they are really good for how cheap they are but I just can't get into any of their products. Nothing lasted on me even with primers nor blushes but they were pretty to look at.

I always use the cream e/s as a base for my powder e/s. That's the only way it lasts- for me anyway. However, I do like e.l.f products. The glosses are better than the eye stuff and their brushes are pretty good for the price. I've heard good things about the all in one color for eyes, lips and cheeks but their colors are too light for my complexion so I haven't tried them.

I have thrown away most of the stuff I got elf except for a lip gloss. I probably wont buy from them again, there are better products in the drugstores.

i LOVE elf. Some of their products are a must have for me.

I love the bronzer in luminace just as a finish powder to give you a little shimmer I love it. not bronzey at all

Love love love their studio line.

Also love how cheap and awesome the clear brow/eyelash gel is $1 and just as good as the $11 MAC gel.

Didnt like the eyelash curler at all

Never tried their minerals

Their all over colorsticks are awesome! sometimes when i feel like wearing no makeup i'll just add a little of the color stick to my cheeks and im done.

elf is fabulous. I just ordered a set of the studio brushes. cant wait to get them

I'm a big time MAC user too so I have high standards when it comes to makeup. Elf does have SOME great products.

I really want to try their Studio line! The brushes look really interesting. Some of the stuff looks like Nars lol but they're always copying stuff.

I've had friend that have ordered some ELF stuff and they say its okay for the price, i tried their gloss and it was quite nice on. One of my mates ordered some and it took a while to arrive though so watch out for that if you do order some, maybe order it earlier.

Have you thought about having a quick look round the high street? I got some branded make-up from Ethel Austins for a few quid. I got a bourjois eyeshadow for £1 and revlon mascara for £2. TJ Hughes is also similar and very cheap. And Asda do a really, really cheap make-up range which looks okay for a week away.
smile.gif

I like the ELF eyeshadows but they aren't that pigmented. They are good if you want a natural looking color, in any color, but it's not too dramatic. I wear them to work and they work fine. They last all day and I don't have to reapply. Overall I would spend the money to get them again but I they won't be my only eyeshadows in my pile! I use the oil blotters and they are great for a buck, 50 sheets lasts me about 2 weeks or less depending... lol I think ELF also has great brushes under their studio line. I don' tknow about you but I'm always broke so I need to find good products that last and that are good priced. I would hate spending 20$ on a brush that I only loose eventually or it break, happened with my bare minerals one
frown.gif

I love elf.

Their compacts are awesome for pressing pigments. The cream eye shadows are the perfect eyeshadow bases. Their pigments are nice but the colors selection is bland. The elf crease brush is one of my favorite brushes.

I love elf cosmetics but for a week away I would use my doller tree makeup it is really niceand super cheap mostly because some things at elf stores(I can't buy online and I mean like target) some things are two or three dollars (not that that is a bad price ) doller tree makeup is just as good for a doller:icon_chee

Latest posts

Back