Foundations with no SPF

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Helluen.

Have any of the consumer brands foundations without SPF/titan dioxyd?

edit: I am thinking og liquid foundation.

i think most of the mineral make ups are made without SPF, but i'm no expert!

Originally Posted by fingers /img/forum/go_quote.gif i think most of the mineral make ups are made without SPF, but i'm no expert! Thank you.
(But I am thinking of liquid foundations.)

That new one from Maybelline, liquid mousse...

Most mineral foundation do have spf (titanium dioxide, zinc oxide).

Originally Posted by Asha* /img/forum/go_quote.gif Most mineral foundation do have spf (titanium dioxide, zinc oxide). Very true. Those are the two main ingredients in mineral makeup.

I´m sure there are a lot of liquid foundations that don´t have an SPF...I can´t think of any, but I´d say it´s mostly drugstore foundations that don´t contain SPF

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif I´m sure there are a lot of liquid foundations that don´t have an SPF...I can´t think of any, but I´d say it´s mostly drugstore foundations that don´t contain SPF Yeah that's what I think too, I'm not an expert on liquid foundations but when it comes to drugstore foundations I'd think that the majority are without SPF.

If regular foundation has titanium dioxide or zinc oxide is in the ingredient list, then it contains sunscreen. Most products either department store or drugstore contain these two ingredients. I don't think I've ever seen foundations without it. That's what gives the foundation its opaqueness. It just depends on how much of it is in the products.

Yea, you have to look at each brand. Alot of them do have some line of foundations without SPF because ppl need them for print work and that ashy hue is a pain. So I would look at the brands I'm interested in for those lines without sunscreen.

Rimmel foundation doesn't have SPF in it (I like their 16 hour and stay matte formula).

And I wanted to say all MMU has SPF regardless of whether it says so or not.

Wanted to add Revlon and Loreal foundations do have SPF and I think a lot of drugstore foundations actually DO have SPF from my experience.

is there any reason you're specifically looking to not get sun protection? I've seen people request for SPF...or people like me who don't really care if it has it or not (my lotion has it anyway).

But "SPF" itself just stands for "Sun Protection Factor" which basically means you've put something to cover your skin to protect you from the UVB rays from the sun. Even a t-shirt has "SPF" technically, since having a t-shirt on will help protect you from getting burnt in the sun moreso than being naked in the sun. Things will advertise their levels of SPF because they know people want specific levels or higher levels. But I don't think I've heard of anything specifically advertising that it absolutely doesn't contain SPF (whether they advertise it or not).

I would think that almost anything you put on your skin that stays on your skin (doesn't get fully absorbed) will have a little bit of sun protection in it, just purely because you're putting something on your skin.

edit: I just noticed you also specifically listed titanium dioxide. Might be more reasonable to look for makeup that doesn't have titanium dioxide than "zero spf" since...I don't know if that's even possible technically. There are a variety of ingredients that are used in makeup, it'll be easier to find one that's missing a single ingredient than it is to be missing a general opaqueness factor to the sun. Good luck on this though, I use mineral foundations which generally do have titanium dioxide in them, so I'm unfamiliar with the ingredients in other brands.

Try using one of the mineral based foundations from ranges like I.D. Bare Escentuals, Glo Minerals or Jane Iredale. They still provide SPF protection but without the chemicals and there are both powder and liquid foundation formulations in all these ranges. Again I'm not an expert.

Mua use no spf foundations for wedding makeup or when pictures are taking the bride can look oily if im not mistaking. But im interested as well for a foundation with no spf i think moustirizers are enough like my moustirizer from ambi has spf 30 specially made for people of color.

Latest posts

Back