How to get rid of Acne scars?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey gurls, I have read about some natural acne scars treatment, thus I want to share it with you.

Mild acne scars can be treated effectively with natural acne scar treatment. Try the following tips to get rid of acne scars the natural way.

1. Sandalwood is very effective in treating acne scars. Mix it with some rosewater and apply it to the scars. Leave it on overnight and wash it off in the morning.

2. Rub ice cubes on the face to tighten the pores.

3. Cut a tomato in half and rub it on your skin.

4. Use cu***ber juice as a toner.

5. Raw garlic is a very effective acne blemish treatment.

6. Take turmeric internally or make it into a paste and apply it to the skin.

7. Sage and Aloe Vera have healing properties. Apply Aloe Vera directly to the skin. Seep sage in hot water, cool and then apply.

8. Apple cider vinegar is good for clearing up spots. Use in place of a toner.

That's a heck of a lot of work when Retin A can help mild scars that would essentially heal over time anyways.

There are tons of ways to heal acne scars. I personally combine a bunch, they don't cancel each other out either!

By acne scars do you mean junk remaining on your face from acne? I have these tiny holes that aren't so tiny as they're pretty evident when I look in the mirror, what can I do to remove them? I seem to also have some dark spots beneath my skin, I don't know what they are but I figured they'd be gone by now since I haven't broken out in close to 2 years.

I figured I'd ask here instead of creating another thread.

Originally Posted by Young-Simba /img/forum/go_quote.gif By acne scars do you mean junk remaining on your face from acne? I have these tiny holes that aren't so tiny as they're pretty evident when I look in the mirror, what can I do to remove them? I seem to also have some dark spots beneath my skin, I don't know what they are but I figured they'd be gone by now since I haven't broken out in close to 2 years.
I figured I'd ask here instead of creating another thread.

that is a type of scarring, yes, but they are mostly known as "pock marks". Scarring from acne usually looks purplish and pinkish, sometimes dark blue. They are horrible.
frown.gif
Your scars depend entirely on the severity of your acne (or what it was) as well as your skin tone. I am very fair, so my scars look purple and pink.

My last major breakout was when I was 17 and I ended up with 3 scars on one cheak.Im 24 now and you cant really notice them anymore

I put it down to time mainly but iv been using a moisuriser that contains cu***ber and aloe since I was about 18-19.Iv also had a 2-3 Gycolica facials which helped aswell

Originally Posted by ladycallie /img/forum/go_quote.gif that is a type of scarring, yes, but they are mostly known as "pock marks". Scarring from acne usually looks purplish and pinkish, sometimes dark blue. They are horrible.
frown.gif
Your scars depend entirely on the severity of your acne (or what it was) as well as your skin tone. I am very fair, so my scars look purple and pink.
frown.gif
They were pretty bad but I figured they'd get better over time. Is what the thread starter posted what I should be doing?

Thanks for the tips! I'm totally trying them out, even if don't have it in my face - a couple of years ago I had some baaaaaad bacne! Will this lighten the skin as well, like ruining sun tans?

Yeah sandal wood is greaT! alot of caudaile products use sandal wood there great for my acne hehe

The best way to avoid acne and acne scars is to eat a healthy diet and live an active, healthy lifestyle. Exercise regularly to reduce stress and get rid of toxins in your body that make acne and acne scars worse. Don't lose your patience when applying natural home remedies to your acne scars because they may take a while to show improvements. Consult your doctor if the treatments don't seem to work or if your scars are getting worse.

I was about to make a thread asking what would be good to get rid of ance scars.

Thanks for this thread! : D

Thanks for this post! There has been so many options and choices to get rid of acne scars, but most of them were through facials such as Microdermabrasion or some sort of product like RetinA. But it's great to learn that there are a lot of natural ingredients that I can use in order to get rid of the scars. With the hot season approaching, a clear skin would be a must to skip all the heavy makeup!

http://twitter.com/eblouissant

A few things about the tips.

1. Sandalwood is very effective in treating acne scars. Mix it with some rosewater and apply it to the scars. Leave it on overnight and wash it off in the morning.
Be sure to buy PURE sandalwood essential oil. Many people have no idea what is and is not pure. If in any doubt, buy it from an essential oil wholesaler. Real sandalwood oils is very expensive.

2. Rub ice cubes on the face to tighten the pores.
This might tighten pores temporarily, but it will not remove scars. Not in a million years.

3. Cut a tomato in half and rub it on your skin.
Not if you have sensitive, irritated skin. It could very well make things worse, including make your face break out even more. Citric acid works far better. I know because I use it quite a bit.

4. Use cu***ber juice as a toner.
Won't hurt you, but I doubt very much this will erase scars. Cucumbers don't have what it takes to heal scar tissue, although they can calm the surface of the skin. Be sure to use a REAL cucumber, not some crappy store-bought 'cucumber toner' *bleh and garbage*

5. Raw garlic is a very effective acne blemish treatment.
Uhhhh....have you tried rubbing a raw clove of garlic on your face? Or any cut? Any area with broken skin is going to HURT like HELL. Garlic is antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal, but its natural oils are also extremely strong. Better to eat it raw. Taken internally, it will do far more good. You also will not be walking around stinking to holy hell as the odor of garlic wafts off your face at work or in the mall :)

6. Take turmeric internally or make it into a paste and apply it to the skin.
Turmeric as a paste on the skin will STAIN severely. Make a paste, leave it on your fingernails and hands, and watch what happens when you TRY to wash it off. I lived in Indonesia for a decade and we use a lot of this root to cook there. I cannot tell you how many times my hands have been stained bright orange for DAYS and even a WEEK long. Not a good plan. However, turmeric essential *oil* is another matter. This *can* be added to skin creams, facial oils, etc to help the healing process along. And yes, capsules/fresh root are very good to take internally. It also helps ease menstrual pains and symptoms, which is why some Asian countries sell it in bottled drinks for women for 'that time of the month'.

7. Sage and Aloe Vera have healing properties. Apply Aloe Vera directly to the skin. Seep sage in hot water, cool and then apply.
Aloe is better applied when it is ONLY the white gel part of the plant. And some people do not react well to it.

As far as sage is concerned, please STEEP it in hot water - or better yet, make a decoction (follow directions) - and then mist it on your face. Using it warm is ok, just not hot You will need to store this in the fridge due to the fact that it has no preservative. However, there are better herbs to use than sage for this kind of thing.

8. Apple cider vinegar is good for clearing up spots. Use in place of a toner.
Please, for the love of god, do NOT use this undiluted unless you know you are ok with it. It can be used topically & internally. Internally, mix 1 tbsp ACV with 1/2c water & 1 tbsp honey. Drink daily. Make your own facial mist, preferably with some other herbs, mix with distilled water, apple cider vinegar & essential oils. Refrigerate. Do NOT use ACV straight, undiluted, on the skin. Some may be able to tolerate it, many others not.

Glycolic acid, lactic acid, and citric acid WILL and DO lighten scars, far better than a tomato will. I promise you. Look for labels that say aha/bha/sugar cane extract/lemon extract/citrus fruit extract/etc. I have been using the stuff for years and at one time had horrible acne.

Had it not been for those acids, I would be terribly scarred at the age of 43. You also need to *calm" the skin, which is where oatmeal comes in.

Oh, and I forgot to say - YOGURT masks. PM me if you want idea on how to use yogurt in masks. Not just slopping it from the tub to your face. It also lightens skin, naturally and safely.

Unfortunately nothing will get rid of acne scars short of laser treatment at a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. The methods mentioned above can help fade some types of scars but won't get rid of it. Plus keep in mind there are different types of scars - raised, pitted and flat. Many flat scars also have some discoloration which is due to the damage of the Melanocytes cells (bottom layer of the epidermis) which product Melanin (skin color).

wow.interesting list. raw garlic, huh. actually, my mom's really compelling me to use lemon juice on my face to get rid of scars and other blemishes. but i still use a lightening cream. mine's Metaderm which i've been using for quite a long time now. my friend who needs help with her acne wars is also using this one. i got the idea from her.

I had the worst post acne marks, and I barely had acne.  I had broken out in 4 cysts ( I never break out like that but I was under a lot of stress during finals week) on my left cheek and for some reason when they FINALLY went away (after getting several facials) they left like six of those reddish/purple post acne marks which was annoying because I had four cysts, but when they went away they left more. So I literally tried everything, and when I mean everything seriously EVERYTHING.  It was all I googled and read about.  I tried all the natural remedies such as lemon juice and turmeric and tomato, and they did not work for me.  Everyones skin is different so what works for some people may not work for others.  So I went and got laser treatment which was the worse decision.  It broke me out even worse then before, which my doctor said was normal and I just needed more treatments.  900 (300 a session)  dollars later I still looked the same, except more red marks. I was really upset because that was suppose to be the last resort treatment that was suppose to work, and while in college 300 dollar sessions isn't exactly in my budget especially since it did not work.  

Finally I found something that is working.  there are only two marks left and I am super happy with the results.  The first product that is helping is proactiv +.  It seems odd I ordered that since I don't really get pimples, its just the odd one every once and awhile, but I still had those red marks and I read someone used the new proactiv and it helped with post acne marks.  So since I don't have bad acne, I don't use all the steps.  I use the face wash a several days a week but whats helping the most is the scar removal pads (they have glycolic acid and salicylic acid in them which is good for post acne marks.  However, they only give you like 6 pads which is really annoying so I have to order more.  But the good news is that the toner my package came with ( you pick between a toner or mask) has a lot of the same ingredients as the pads so that will last me a long time.  The other product I use with these products are the retinol nighttime gel/cream by Neutrogena (the one that says dark marks).  It turns my face a little red but when I wake up in the morning I am nice and clear (helps with the odd pimples you get around that time of month too).  Lastly I use an olay fragrance free moisturizer because nothing in the proactiv+ kit is hydrating.  It all helps with pimples but for marks to heal your face cannot be constantly dried out.  Anyways sorry this was so long hoped it helped!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> xoxo 

Back