Foundation Recipe

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have recently started making my own cosmetics with natural herbs and mica. At this point the only store-bought product I am using is creme to powder foundation, and my acne problem has nearly disappeared. I would like to go "all natural", but I cannot find a foundation recipe that doesn't have chemicals in it.

I found this site through a search engine and it pulled up something about make-up recipes. Now that I've joined, I can't find where the recipes are! Are there recipes hidden somewhere (or for that matter does anyone here know how to find a natural foundation recipe?)

Thanks so much!

hmm. i don't remember a post about making foundations.

have you tried mineral makeup?

welcome to mut. hope some one else could help ya a little more

Check out different mineral makeup lines...if you can figure out how to make the powder form, just add your favorite moisturizer to turn it into a cream or liquid form when you apply it. I don't make my own cosmetics, but I do wear mineral foundation often and I usually add grapeseed oil or jojoba oil to turn it into a cream

Originally Posted by auralynne I have recently started making my own cosmetics with natural herbs and mica. At this point the only store-bought product I am using is creme to powder foundation, and my acne problem has nearly disappeared. I would like to go "all natural", but I cannot find a foundation recipe that doesn't have chemicals in it.
I found this site through a search engine and it pulled up something about make-up recipes. Now that I've joined, I can't find where the recipes are! Are there recipes hidden somewhere (or for that matter does anyone here know how to find a natural foundation recipe?)

Thanks so much!

Hello and welcome to MUT. I'm Lisa from Texas.
icon_biggrin.gif

I don't really know anything about making your own foundation but I have heard of it. The skin care clinic where I get my microdermabrasion done has someone that does this. It's all natural based and she custom blends it for you and told me that she has been making her own foundation like that for 10 years. I was shocked because i'd never heard of anyone doing that before.

Originally Posted by auralynne I have recently started making my own cosmetics with natural herbs and mica. At this point the only store-bought product I am using is creme to powder foundation, and my acne problem has nearly disappeared. I would like to go "all natural", but I cannot find a foundation recipe that doesn't have chemicals in it.

Thanks so much!

If you need help on this pm

Originally Posted by XOffendr Strangely, I looked up this very thing up awhile ago....and saved this link to my favorites...
http://www.makingcosmetics.com/store...arget=d61.html

And here's another link I finally tracked down, and I like this site better, but I've never attempted to make my own makeup (I'm too lazy and too disorganized) but they even sell silicone microbeads to add to your foundation or whathaveyou.

http://www.theconservatorie.com/form...lcosmetics.htm

I might have to try some of these out!

I want to try them too. I've thought of buying some things and just adding them to the makeup I use already, but I think that would change some chemical compound and might wind up just junking them up. Sooo, I'll have to start from scratch. The Conservatorie sells some pretty fun looking stuff.

Originally Posted by envymi I might have to try some of these out! You should Jill is wonderful help, and answers lots of questions that arise

Thanks so much everybody. I think that conservatorie site may be what I'm looking for... I'll let you know how the recipes turn out!

By the way, KarenV, I couldn't get the private message thing to work - I'm using Netscape, and this website doesn't like my browser much. Thanks anyway!

Latest posts

Back