MAC Cosmetics Secret Bible

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Mod notice: Just a heads up that this is an old thread that was brought back to life.  Some of the information in this thread may still be helpful, but keep in mind that many of the posts and poster opinions may be outdated!

so i was thinking about buying the 2005 M.A.C. COSMETICS SECRET BIBLle i was wondering if this is real or fake, aand if it is worth it, thanks
smile.gif

I've been contemplating buying this too so I'm looking forward to the responses!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I got one on CD is that the one you are talking about? I got it off Ebay, and it is pretty decent... It has a lot of stuff in it. I got mine for like 3 bux and that isn't too bad, definitely worth the price.

Thanks for the link, Katy!!! I think this is the one they are selling on Ebay...awesome!!!

Dont know a lot about it, but i have seen it more than a few times on ebay. I can tell u that the pics used to advertise ALL the ones ive seen, have nothing to do with MAC. There all Kevyn Aucoins work (not 4 MAC), and that aint cool to use others work to advertise stuff not intended to be advertised.
icon_frown.gif

yeah I bought one of of ebay, it had some of the pages out kevins' book. My opinion, it not really good. Try to find another book that is official.

Urm, pardon my ignorance, but wat exactly's a MAC Bible? Is it a book that teaches how to do makeup? Or is it something like a cataloge show casing all of MAC's products? Or is it something else? JACORIJG1 mentioned 'Try to find another book that is official.' Does this mean that the MAC Bible is not really from MAC but is simply something put together by MAC fans?

Originally Posted by Aniger86 Urm, pardon my ignorance, but wat exactly's a MAC Bible? Is it a book that teaches how to do makeup? Or is it something like a cataloge show casing all of MAC's products? Or is it something else? JACORIJG1 mentioned 'Try to find another book that is official.' Does this mean that the MAC Bible is not really from MAC but is simply something put together by MAC fans? I don't have the MAC Bible one from Ebay but from what I've seen, the sellers do use images from Kevyn's book.
frown.gif
The one the link shows just tells u what the sales people in MAC counters should do with customers, and such. What I found good with the file is the section on color theory and the different things you can do for different eye shapes and such. It also includes the ingredients for their cosmetics. I'm not the biggest MAC fan, but I thought it was worth the free download. Would definitely not buy it though.JMHO...

I purchased this and was very disappointed. It mostly contained their policies and very little about actual product application.
icon_cry.gif

I've heard more negatives than positives, so I never bothered looking into getting one
frown.gif

Is this the manual that shows the different styles and techniques? or the manual that gives ingredients of each product?

is there a way to get a hold of a recent mac bible, or even other types of tutorials such as this?

Back